TTBelgiumHistory 1984-2008

25 years ago, JM Saive European Champion !

I played three times against Jean Mi. Only the first time I could beat him, when he was 9 years old...[emoji16]

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Hi, thank you a lot !!! If you have any suggestion for the channel, don't hesitate to contact me via the FB Page :)

Hi, thanks a lot for all the time you put into these videos and all the other stuff you have on your channel. It's hard to give you recognition every time, but much appreciated nonetheless. Amicalement.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Philippe had the most talent from both brothers, but Jean-Mi had more character, more a worker and perseverance. Let's say that Philippe was the playing bird of both.

I have read that before, but from the games I’ve seen would not reach that conclusion.

The touch and anticipation of Philippe is quite impressive. Near Waldnerian game smarts too; great player.

Yet the immense agility, physicality, overpowering pressure, deep solidity and amazing defensive prowess of Jean-Mi impress me more, even after all these years.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
I agree with Yoass,

It's not like Philippe never trained, in the end he did the same trainings as JM and had the exact same chances.
It is just that Philippe excelled more the in the touch play and finesse and JM's strength was power and physicality.

But people always tend to credit the "Artists" of the game more. That discussion is of all times.

You can see it now for example with Koki Niwa. I'm a huge fan of him and every match he plays is great to watch. His touch and feeling are one of the best in the game.
But that doesn't mean he is the best player in the world right now.
People always have a soft spot for players like that(So do I) but often gives them also too much credit.