Donic Crest Allround +

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Donic have a lot of different suppliers. They have blades made in Sweden, China, Germany, all over the place - but the quality always seems to be pretty high.

About the Crest AR+ - it's pretty thick and stiff with the fibre next to the core and two outer plies of limba giving a soft feel. I see from your reviews that you didn't like the Innerforce ZLF so you might not like the feel of the Crest (although I prefer it to the IF-ZLF myself, it's still along similar lines). Hard to say really - if you can try one out for a few minutes before you buy then that would be safer - it isn't cheap.

They have a new one coming out soon called the Ovcharov True Carbon which has koto outer plies so that might be more up your street?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Something new about this great blade?
Its stiffer like btf innerforce zlc. Linear character...

says [IMG]
Replaced my Infinity VPS with the Crest ar+ for a couple of sessions. Although the infinity is a great blade, i miss that little extra power sometimes. The crest ar+ is a controlled , stiff blade and faster then infinity.

Paired it with Mantra M 2.1 on FH and C1 2.1 on BH. Great setup for me. Controlled attack, solid push blocks, lower arc on topspin compared infinity. I'm able to put more pressure on my opponent. Due to stiffness better in short play as well.

It is a inner-fibre blade (carbon layers right after core), so you still have that woody feel like an all wood blade. The carbon layer kicks in when attacking it seems.

I will use this setup for my next competition match this week.

Last edited:
Reactions: jackass22
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
I had been playing one year with acoustic, than 6 year violin.
Donic crest ar+ is something between them:).
Its definitely faster then donic waldner senso carbon.
It has soft feel, but despite its big control, its enough stiff and linear. Universal blade.
I hadnt been played with better blade.
I am also trying donic crest off, very good, but need to train more, not so much forgivenable than crest ar.

Reactions: P1ngP0ng3r
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Now I play with crest ar+ and joola rhyzm p max on forehand- super combination. Enough spin by brush loops, very fast rubber, but on the crest ar is sitting well/due its proper stiffness/. Topspin is necessary to play active to backspin. Its not total insensitive to spin like donic bluefire, but its quite good. Blockin near the table is easy due its speed. Contratopspin is necessary to play 2 m behind the table due to big catapult of rubber.

Reactions: P1ngP0ng3r
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Did you change your equipment back to infinity with mantra?

Replaced my Infinity VPS with the Crest ar+ for a couple of sessions. Although the infinity is a great blade, i miss that little extra power sometimes. The crest ar+ is a controlled , stiff blade and faster then infinity.

Paired it with Mantra M 2.1 on FH and C1 2.1 on BH. Great setup for me. Controlled attack, solid push blocks, lower arc on topspin compared infinity. I'm able to put more pressure on my opponent. Due to stiffness better in short play as well.

It is a inner-fibre blade (carbon layers right after core), so you still have that woody feel like an all wood blade. The carbon layer kicks in when attacking it seems.

I will use this setup for my next competition match this week.