This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
The world rankings have just come out from the ITTF and here are the listings below. Wang Hao
remains in top spot at the number 1 position. Ranking poriod released 02/08/2011 by ITTF.

The star of the show goes to Japan’s 24 year old Seiya Kishikawa, as he achieves a career high world ranking of 17!

China’s Li Xiaoxia keeps her world ranking and remains no.1 at the top of the world! Feng Tianwei has does an awesome climb as she was no.5 in July but is now at number 2! Feng has jumped past Ding Ning, Guo Yan and Guo Yue.

Mens World Rankings

wanghao21.365x265.jpg

Photo source: wn.com

1) Wang Hao
2) Timo Boll
3) Ma Lin
4) Zhang Jike
5) Ma Long
6) Vladimir Samsonov
7) Wang Liqin
8) Jun Mizutani
9) Xu Xin
10) Joo Se Hyuk

China's Wang Hao remains top of the table tennis world has he still stands at no.1 position. European superstar Timo Boll remains at number 2, followed by Ma Lin, Zhang Jike and Ma Long.

There are now 7 Chinese players in the top 12 rankings having Chen Qi come in at no.11 with Xu Xin remaining at 9. Wang Liqin moves up one place to no.7 which puts Jun Mizutani into 8th place.

Japan's Seiya Kishikawa has moved into a career high at no. 17 from a July position of 27.

Korea's Lee Sang Su is also climbing higher and higher in the world rankings. His recent runner up place in Korea against Dimitrij Ovtcharov has seen Lee Sang Su move from 31 to 22.

Two huge jump has also been seen on August rankings! Japan's Koki Niwa has moved from no.70 to 31 and China’s Lin Gaoyuan has jumped from 81 to no.54.

Womens World Rankings

fengtianwei.365x265.bmp

flickr.com/photos/ssc-sportsphotography/5178396233/

1) Li Xiaoxia
2) Feng Tianwei
3) Ding Ning
4) Gao Yan
5) Guo Yue
6) Liu Shiwen
7) Wang Yuegu
8) Ai Fukuhara
9) WU Yang
10) Hirano Sayaka

Singapire's Feng Tianwei now at the age of 24 has retained her no.2 position spot that she had back in January. Feng has jumped past her China rivals Ding Ning, Guo Yan and Guo Yue. Ding Ning is now ranked at no.3 with Guo Yan at 4 and Guo Yue at number 5.

China’s Li Xiaoxia remains at no.1 but with the rise of Feng Tianwei from no.5 to no.2; it means that both colleagues all drop one place. Ding Ning is now at no.3, Guo Yan at no.4 and Guo Yue at no.5.

Li Xiaoxia from China remains at number 1 looking after that position. Liu Shiwen of China stays at position 6 with Wang Yuegu who climbs from 10 to an amazing 7. Ai Fukuhara remains at number 8 with Japan's Sayaka Hirano returning into the top 10 world rankings. Wu Yang drops to number 9.

What does everyone think of the rankings this period? Any surprises?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Lee Sang Su did pretty good as well. Some players I can't believe their position.. For example what good results has Chuang Chi-Yuan achieved in the past year? And I hardly ever see Tang Peng at a tournament list, or do I just miss those because they don't play on the TV Tables that much? :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
I guess it takes quite a lot to move in the top five. There's hardly been any reshuffling there in months. I feel sorry for Ma Long - he went from 1 to 5, and now with three Chinese players ahead of him, they're going to get the plumb positions (like in London '12) to compete in, leaving him to sit on the sidelines and watch. And did I read that Wang Hao has a foot injury? If so, we may see him drop like Long did. If Samsonov has another good win like in Morocco, he may just crack the top five again, since he's at six now.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I'm sure this time next year we will see Xu Xin's ranking be in the top 3.

I think these young players such as Koki Niwa, Lee Sang Su and Lin Gaoyuan will soon be right up in the top 20 pushing out more Europeans :eek:

This user has no status.
I'm sure this time next year we will see Xu Xin's ranking be in the top 3.

I think these young players such as Koki Niwa, Lee Sang Su and Lin Gaoyuan will soon be right up in the top 20 pushing out more Europeans :eek:

IMO Lee Sang Su has what it takes - great movement, great technique, great touch and a winning mentality (already won two Pro Tours). When he gets stronger and increases his power he'll be fantastic.