Will Elmer glue work?

This user has no status.
Over boosted my coworker's rubber and now the excessive dome keeps the rubber from sticking to blade using WBG. Coworker does not compete, I just want him to have gear that can help him keep up with me.

Will Elmer glue be strong enough? If so, when replacing rubbers, can it cause the wood to splinter since I didn't seal the blade?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Feb 2016
there are many variants of elmer's glue.
if you mean this one

http://content.oppictures.com/Master_Images/Master_Variants/Variant_240/155361.JPG

then I wouldn't try it.
the bond is not so strong, most likely less than wbg.
also using rubber cement will dome the rubber even more so in the end you'll have a big mess.

I would just wait for the rubber to lose the dome or just put it between some books, this will force it to go back to normal.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
there are many variants of elmer's glue.
if you mean this one

http://content.oppictures.com/Master_Images/Master_Variants/Variant_240/155361.JPG

then I wouldn't try it.
the bond is not so strong, most likely less than wbg.
also using rubber cement will dome the rubber even more so in the end you'll have a big mess.

I would just wait for the rubber to lose the dome or just put it between some books, this will force it to go back to normal.

The rubbers have been boosted with baby oil so they will never undome. I want to know what glue (water based or otherwise) can I use that is strong enough to keep the rubbers sticking but not to where the blade will be ruined if I try to remove them later.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Feb 2016
The rubbers have been boosted with baby oil so they will never undome. I want to know what glue (water based or otherwise) can I use that is strong enough to keep the rubbers sticking but not to where the blade will be ruined if I try to remove them later.

baby oil is one of the most powerless boosters.
I doubt it does anything at all.
I don't know what wbg to recommend, because I use something similar to elmer's glue.....
but I never boost.

I think donic's glue was pretty strong.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Elmers rubber cement has a few VOCs, but nothing like teh real speed glue. As you get to around half-empty, the glue starts to get a lot thicker, so you gotta brush it on faster. You will need to go for less area at once and work quickly brushing and pushing it all into the sponge. Of course your rubber will get a dome again. That is OK, just leave it alone 30 minutes and it will start to settle down. Use Elmers on your blade too. If blade is walnut or similar hard/smooth or you coated the blade real strong, you will need extra glue.

The VOCs of Elmers are gone in like 30 minutes, so if you want to be totally clean, just wait a half hour or more. You will likely need to wait that long anyway if your rubber is already boosted. Be patient.