What rubber fits well on FH for a hurricane long 3 blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
In the summer I'm going to China and I'm thinking of buying a hurricane long 3 blade. What I'm wondering is what rubber works well on that blade. I can find som hurricane 3 blue sponge rubbers and thinking of buying that as well. As i have heard from a player who has tried hurricane rubbers, he says that they have to be boosted or they will have a dead feel. But then adding them to a fast blade maybe will make almost as fast as a tensor on my Petr korbel blade. But here's the questions I mostly want answered: how does hurricane rubbers work on a HL3 blade, and in which case which one works best. Perhaps the blue sponge version? Or should I use the H8 instead since it's made for the plastic ball?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
In the summer I'm going to China and I'm thinking of buying a hurricane long 3 blade. What I'm wondering is what rubber works well on that blade. I can find som hurricane 3 blue sponge rubbers and thinking of buying that as well. As i have heard from a player who has tried hurricane rubbers, he says that they have to be boosted or they will have a dead feel. But then adding them to a fast blade maybe will make almost as fast as a tensor on my Petr korbel blade. But here's the questions I mostly want answered: how does hurricane rubbers work on a HL3 blade, and in which case which one works best. Perhaps the blue sponge version? Or should I use the H8 instead since it's made for the plastic ball?
Hi Nicky. Sounds nice that you are going to China this summer. If you bump into any tt shop or club please post some photo on TTD.

Regarding your question the Hurricane Long 3 has the same composition as the 506. Just for your information it is an all wood blade. The works well birth with tensor, spring sponge or Chinese rubbers. Your friend is right about boosting H3 is necessary. I have played this blade with H3 blue sponge and T64 in BH which were a very good setup for me.