MH Interviews Timo Boll!

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I had the unique pleasure of interviewing Timo Boll a little earlier this year. Here are a couple of his responses and a link to the interview if you want to check out more. On a side note, everything good you hear about Timo is true! He is a sportsman a gentleman and a legend!

timo boll.jpg

"One of your most outstanding performances was winning the 2005 World Cup where you defeated some incredibly tough opponents from China. What was it on that day that really made you perform at such a high level? Or what preparations prior to the competition made a big difference?

Before the competition I was in a bad shape. I was even thinking about it to cancel the tournament to have a rest. Even in the group stage, I wasn't that strong, but suddenly my run started in the quarterfinal against Wang Liqin! That gave me a lot of self confidence!

How do you feel about your ability to compete with the Chinese players now compared to before? Overall how do you feel about your form going into Rio next year?

Of course I’m physically weaker than 10 years ago, but my technique improved. It will be hard to beat them all again for me, but if I’m standing in the box, I want to win, doesn't matter which opponent.

In terms of your career do you have any concrete plans for after the Rio Olympics?

No plans, I will continue to play."

Check out the full interview at:
http://www.mhtabletennis.com/2016/01/mhtt-interview-with-europes-table.html

Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I've actually noticed recently that Table Tennis England have really been laying it on him talking about how bad his form is and how he keeps losing and the most recent one was will he go the way of Maze and retire?

Pretty brutal campaign haha rest assured Timo told me he has no plans to retire yet, he loves to compete but he's sensible enough to focus on the major events so he doesn't play so much in the World Tour now. I hope he recovers in time to give Rio a good go!

This user has no status.
I am a big fan of him. Its so hard now, watching him get defeated or injured. I guess he has been into injury from a long time.
About his sportsmanship, i guess he is a real gentleman. I hope that now he gets some super boosted, as most of the players are doing. He is quite a good guy but the world is not good,lol. He needs to show his badass side.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Great stuff Matt !! Somehow the forum is so populated now, even great threads go unnoticed !!!

Haha yea it's certainly a very different place to how it was when things started. 6 years ago now! wow!

Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Hopefully next time I see him I can do something a little different like a video interview or something. I feel like written interviews aren't as attractive as they used to be what with media developing more.