Shuki Development and Questions

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
So, what is the rating of the lowest level player you lost to? That would be your training partner, right? Or is there anyone else you lost to who had a lower rating than your training partner.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Idk how defaulting works. If it counts as a loss then there would be a 1300ish player that was the worst. If not, my training partner who is 1650. (Lucky for me he didn't compete In u1700 or I wouldn't have gotten my medal :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
I think that if I were to honestly estimate my rating (haven't done enough tournaments to balance out yet) it would be between 1650-1700.

To change topic. This next month I'm going with NO games. Just drills.

My coach noticed that as we fix problems with my backhand "which is too up" by the time I get to my next lesson all the progress we made fixing it is gone. I play too many games and my backhand reverts back to what's worked in the past.

My backhand is strong at flipping serves but it doesn't have the capabilities of doing a counter drive because of how upwards I go with it. And my backhand flick can gain quite a bit of power if I start naturally going more forward with it.

This is one problem I need to work on among others but games are reverting all my hard work. So no gameplay for about a month. Hope I can follow through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Hi Shuki
I've seen only one video, the one where playing in red against an older fat guy with glasses.
He's not that strong and you know both each other well so its difficult to have an idea of your level just with this.
But here's a few things that i noted:
- you're quite tall and i think your upper body is too upright. thats going to cause you some problems for consistency or for more advanced strokes. maybe you were not 100% focused against this guy, but i saw you miss a few easy FH blocks. you wouldn't miss those if your center of gravity was lower.
- your BH is quite spinny, I like it. I'd like to see how you do it against more backspin though.
- at this level, serve and receive, and the short game is where training pays most i think

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
@ NextLevel: we should get Shuki to play JP Kadzinski. Hahaha. Talk about weird style.

I'm playing catchup on TTD threads and came across Shuki's thread... and saw Carl mention JP

From June 2015 to April 2016, i used to play at Wang Chen's club (100th st off Broadway/NYC). JP sometimes was there. I believe we are talking about the same player. He is a lefty and plays SH, both sides pips or both sides smooth.

I was fortunate to play him 2 or 3x. He has EXCELLENT BALL CONTROL - GREAT ANGLES. I had so much fun playing him and thanked him profusely for the 'lessons'.

Good was our table tennis but better were our chats ... we are close in age, we generally talked 1980's music, especially 'new wave'. Miss Wang Chen's and the players there.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yep. That is the one and only JP Kadzinski. Not many people talk about themself in the 3rd person quite the way he does. Hahaha.

He is a real character. He can be great especially when he is way better than you and you are okay with that. But he can be other things too. [emoji2]

Sent from Inside The Chamber of Secrets by Patronus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Sorry Shuki for slight thread hijacking

I'm the type of person/player who knows when he's beat, highly improbable I would beat him ... he is very frustrating to play and can seem to be arrogant/egotistical... but bottom line, I can't beat him so I'll take what he's dishing ... although I lost horribly, I don't feel I "lost" ... valuable lessons learnt ... a win-win for the both of us

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Forgot about this thread, actually kinda nice to see the bump. I might get back to posting here again.

Started a table tennis club at my college and we just registered for NCTTA. As president of the club I'll be playing quite a bit and hope to improve. This is a good reason to bust out the camera again.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Forgot about this thread, actually kinda nice to see the bump. I might get back to posting here again.

Started a table tennis club at my college and we just registered for NCTTA. As president of the club I'll be playing quite a bit and hope to improve. This is a good reason to bust out the camera again.

That's pretty cool. Which state are you in shuki?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
One more comment re: JP, i neglected to post thusly:

"he is very frustrating to play and can seem to be arrogant/egotistical"

1) frustrating

frustrating in that his angles are extreme and i'm old and slow and can't get to the ball in time, even if i miraculously make the return, he would be ready to place it on the opposite side. when i played him, he played both sides pips ... negated some of my spinny serves

2)
can seem to be arrogant/egotistical

if you don't talk/chat with him, during the game he may seem like that, but he's not, he is a good guy. we both chuckled at old age after he played a young lady who was very quick

lol at us ... 1980's music and old age ... great chat topics :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
There is something about table tennis that always attracts these kind of personalities , I have encountered quite a few in my time , its almost there validation for existing is that they are good in table tennis ... I guess you have to be that extreme and dedicated to get better by yourself in this sport when you are an adult ...
Yep. That is the one and only JP Kadzinski. Not many people talk about themself in the 3rd person quite the way he does. Hahaha.

He is a real character. He can be great especially when he is way better than you and you are okay with that. But he can be other things too. [emoji2]

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well, I always get a kick out of the fact that for the last 12 years he has somehow only been playing for 4 years and that he is sooooo good because he is French so he doesn't need coaching. Hahaha.

One time, about 7 years ago, in a Facebook argument/dialogue with someone else I know, he claimed to be the best Under 2000 player in the USA. Hahahahaha.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Well, I always get a kick out of the fact that for the last 12 years he has somehow only been playing for 4 years and that he is sooooo good because he is French so he doesn't need coaching. Hahaha.

One time, about 7 years ago, in a Facebook argument/dialogue with someone else I know, he claimed to be the best Under 2000 player in the USA. Hahahahaha.

LOLOL oh wow!

maybe one night, i'll go back to wang chen's and pay the visitor's fee and see if i play some of the players there and maybe see JP there.

Last edited:
Reactions: ttmonster