My version of Waldner Serve series

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
Hi Guys, I have not been around for a while. In the mean whle, i took some time to practise and create some videos understanding the essence of Waldner' service technique. Previously many suggested that I should explain my thought process behind the serve and also add some different views while shooting the video. Complying with that, I have made a playlist with different footages.

P.S. Were you able to find the difference between topspin and side spin serves. Also share with me was I able to emulate the serving technique of his. Also bear with my horrible English. Never been used to speaking in front of camera.

Last edited:
says what [IMG]
A bit unrelated, but what rubber are you using to serve and are you actually serving heavy?

I was serving with a really dead bat a few days ago and I could get the ball to roll back into the net with some good pace too, like in the heavy backspin video. Came back into my hand if I did a ghost serve.

I don't think my serves are anywhere close to this level, so I'm suspecting your bat is dead as well.

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
Hey I tore my ACL, so can't play in clubs till the end of this year. In the mean while, to engage with the sports, I am practising different kinds of serves just out of curiousity. Primarly, I would use the pendulum version of serve akin to Ma long's style with sidespin and backspin.

Thanks a lot for your encouragement

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
I am using very old rubbers. Gewo nano and mendo rubber on black and red side. The rubbers are quite dead as you rightly guessed. Our fellow mates in TTD have recommended me new equipment which I would be changing before I am about to start playing back in the club.

Reactions: Archosaurus
says what [IMG]
I am using very old rubbers. Gewo nano and mendo rubber on black and red side. The rubbers are quite dead as you rightly guessed. Our fellow mates in TTD have recommended me new equipment which I would be changing before I am about to start playing back in the club.

I've done probably at least a few hundred hours serve practice in my short time playing to now, so I can see things like this. ;)

The serves are good for a dead rubber. I know how hard it is to consistently produce good spin with old and worn rubbers. New, modern rubber feels like cheating, almost!

Reactions: Siva Schopenhauer