Lumberjack TT Kicks Out Pips-In, Goes Pips Out!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I, NextLevel, master of Lumberjack TT, have trained for 5 years in order to look like a respectable table tennis player. After working with my first coach for four years, he gave up on me, saying that no matter how hard I tried, I could not look like a true or good table tennis player. So I joined TTEdge and worked with Brett Clarke.

Brett gave me the sad news yesterday - my form was irreparably bad, and that my inability to bend my knees had his colleagues wondering why he was wasting his precious time coaching me. So henceforth, he told me that I will no longer be appearing in TTEdge videos. This was pretty much the nail in the coffin. My dream of breaking 2500 was done.

Then it all hit me - why do people glorify all this knee bending? All this technical trash? I shall take my brand of Lumberjack TT over to the dark side. I have resolved to use pips for the rest of my TT playing career. Yes, no more inverted, just pips. Janitors shall no longer have to wonder about hiding the ugliness and dirtiness of my game from young people - the pips shall tell it all.

So I decided to go into training. Here are some of my training hours. I am re-energized. I think with my pips, my new goal is the 2020 Olympics. Bring it on!

I also played some matches. I am undefeated with the pips! I am not even undefeated with inverted. This is going to be a piece of cake. Lumberjack TT is taking over with the wood! David Zhuang, watch out! I'm coming for you!

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I see the master plan now. It took a while for it to come to me. NL is trying to lure in the Goon Squad, the hypocrites, the IRS, and the haters all to one place.

I see NL is having his fun going about it this way, but me, I woulda send all those suckas a notice in the mail to go to the address at NL's club to claim their 3rd place Sweepstakes prize of $50,000 in cash... that is kinda believable, who wins first place and there are more third place winners...

Give 'em hell, tiger.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
This is certainly a joke right? I can't imagine ttedge coaches simply dropping him because his stroke doesn't look pretty. They should be using him as an example of what they can do to a player with physical limitations.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
About one hour ago, in USA, it became the day to do practical jokes. When NL posted this, it was already the day for that in Aussie... take it for what it worth, NL has humor no one credits him for, he is almost as wry as a guy that I am, but he has his extroverted moments.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
About one hour ago, in USA, it became the day to do practical jokes. When NL posted this, it was already the day for that in Aussie... take it for what it worth, NL has humor no one credits him for, he is almost as wry as a guy that I am, but he has his extroverted moments.

thank you, gullible shuki was amazed at this. didn't read any of the pip's nonesense just that coaches were dropping him.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Feb 2016
I know many players who I would beat 3-0 with inverted and because they use long pips I end up 3-2 struggling.
so it's really more effective to play long pips unless you are very good with inverted.

if you are using short pips sorry but you have to bend your knees even more to use them correctly than with inverted.
why do you think ito mima and fukuhara are so good with them?
because they are small and stay very close to the table.
imagine samsonov playing with short pips lol.

as for this being april fool's joke, I think you'd have to be really super high class in order to pull that one off.
and even then, it might make sense for some players.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I know many players who I would beat 3-0 with inverted and because they use long pips I end up 3-2 struggling.
so it's really more effective to play long pips unless you are very good with inverted.

if you are using short pips sorry but you have to bend your knees even more to use them correctly than with inverted.
why do you think ito mima and fukuhara are so good with them?
because they are small and stay very close to the table.
imagine samsonov playing with short pips lol.

as for this being april fool's joke, I think you'd have to be really super high class in order to pull that one off.
and even then, it might make sense for some players.

Hmm... I only have one point from this match, but it shows you my potential to be high class.

says what [IMG]
Hmm... I only have one point from this match, but it shows you my potential to be high class.

Wow, Zhang Jike's pushes really have improved. He puts so much backspin on the ball that it even has a slight windup period before it blasts off the racket.

But, they're no match to your superior reflexes. ;)

EDIT: I'm also a fan of the DonicSpin table. Although are you sure the different colored playing surfaces on each side is legal?

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
I know VERY good players who have switched to long pips because they were getting old, didn't have time to train or just wanted something different.
I even know players who play inverted really well and have played in a high level competitive matches with long pips.

so when you make a joke about switching to pips I find it quite funny and it also shows how highly you consider yourself.
I just remembered that ocassion you showed me a set of a match and asked "how would you rate me based on this?".
also shows your ego is really on the next level!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I know VERY good players who have switched to long pips because they were getting old, didn't have time to train or just wanted something different.
I even know players who play inverted really well and have played in a high level competitive matches with long pips.

so when you make a joke about switching to pips I find it quite funny and it also shows how highly you consider yourself.
I just remembered that ocassion you showed me a set of a match and asked "how would you rate me based on this?".
also shows your ego is really on the next level!!!!!!!!!!

Ligthen up buddy, have you ever played ZJK?

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
it would be a prank if ma long switched to pips.
nextlevel? completely possible.