Paul Drinkhall speaks to BBC

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
@UpSideDownCarl : Did the video play for you ? It would not play for me, for some reason it was getting stuck while streaming and then erroring out

If you're in not in the UK, then BBC rarely works. For it to work, go to the chrome addons bar and download Hola. That basically streams the website from a server in the UK for you.
You could also use Tor.

Last edited:
Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
"Did the video play for you ? It would not play for me...."

It did but I watched it on mute and all I saw is him and his wife playing in the background while the reporter was holding their kid. I can't be bothered to rewatch it but I doubt anything interesting was actually said. Maybe the reporter was interviewing the kid and he bitched about the plastic balls and chinese boosted rubbers, while his parents were warming up backhands and nodding to what their son was saying. That would have made for a news worthy material.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Ha ha : Ping pong humor and sarcasm at its best.

I was able to play it , simply to see his kid eat the plastic balls ... different strokes for different folks I guess :)

Anyways, it just says that his perspective on life has changed after his firstborn , he believes that he has proven that he can beat anybody and he is trying to get in the best shape for Rio. The kid seems to have a good forehand already and he is barely a year old :p
"Did the video play for you ? It would not play for me...."

It did but I watched it on mute and all I saw is him and his wife playing in the background while the reporter was holding their kid. I can't be bothered to rewatch it but I doubt anything interesting was actually said. Maybe the reporter was interviewing the kid and he bitched about the plastic balls and chinese boosted rubbers, while his parents were warming up backhands and nodding to what their son was saying. That would have made for a news worthy material.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Oooopppps, Sorry. Forgot that BBC doesn't work outside of UK, basically Drinkhall just talks about how his table tennis life has changed since he and his wife had a child.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Paul and Joanna are probably one of the most perfectly matched couple in the world.

Last edited: