everything feels so slow....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Feb 2016
yesterday went to a new club here, a bit better players.
took

my real zjk alc (93g) with t64 both sides
and
my fake amultart (107g) with t05 both sides

I actually got to loop a few balls with people being able to block.
one thing I notice is how sllllloooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww every equipment I use seems.
the rubbers are not new but they are still tenergies.

so basically trying to find something faster than these by a good margin.
the only alternative I thought of is something like yinhe t-8 or t-4

tired of slow equipment!!!
I have to make so much effort to loop!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Are you sure you're swinging correctly and not muscling it? Usually spin is the hard part, not speed. Anyone can get good speed with nearly anything.

I want to use the least possible amount of strenght.
just a gentle wrist and arm movement should produce monstrous power.

says what [IMG]
I want to use the least possible amount of strenght.
just a gentle wrist and arm movement should produce monstrous power.
That doesn't really follow with how physics wants to work, though.

If you really want a ton of speed with a short movement, the above post is quite good for you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
That doesn't really follow with how physics wants to work, though.

If you really want a ton of speed with a short movement, the above post is quite good for you.

I want to use something similar to what ma long uses.
the only way to achieve that with rubbers that start wearing out and without boosting is a super fast blade.
way faster than alc or super zlc blades.

the only thing I tried that might get close to this is the t series from yinhe.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
yesterday I remember being with the fake amultart +to5 looping with fh and saying "this feels so slooooow and I have to make so much effort, I'm old for this"
and then I'd just go back and start lobbing.
let the other guy get tired.

my setups for the next occasion are already in the oven getting ready.

real zjkalc 93g +t64

fakey mizutani szlc 90g +to5

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Are you sure you're swinging correctly and not muscling it? Usually spin is the hard part, not speed. Anyone can get good speed with nearly anything.

I have trouble gaining speed. I'm too much brush. At least that's what my coach says is one of the reasons behind my lack of speed. The other was not getting in place before my shot which was a bigger reason but still.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
you said you were looping and they were blocking, now I'm not sure how consistent your loop is and how amazing your footwork is. But if your loop isn't that consistent, meaning close to the same spin every time for them to block and moderately the same spot. Then they'll be moving you like crazy probably. And if you're moving while looping, not planting first, you wont have any speed.

Imagine you have a 12mph stroke, and you were moving away from the table at 6 mph. Well now your stroke only went through the ball at 6 mph.

Edit: Same theory applies to waiting for the ball to drop for the shot to be easier. Imagine your stroke rises 12 mph but ball is also rising at 6 mph, your stroke is now only 6 mph. At the peak of the bounce your stroke would be 12 mph again. When the ball is falling it would actually add speed to your stroke.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
i get all the speed I need from an all wood blade.
the rest is just technique...
oh ye and if u keeping using different equipment all the time and dont stick to one
it would be detrimental to ur game but its ur choice haha :D

yeah I get it, if I train all day long and be really fit I can have power with anything.
but I spend all day in an office, then get tired to play tt, sleepy, hungry, and I want to do woop woop and move very little and kick some ass, I don't want to spend the little energy I have left.
so give me something I can loop with a wrist movement!!!!!!!!!
oh lord please!!!! have mercy!!!!!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
yeah I get it, if I train all day long and be really fit I can have power with anything.
but I spend all day in an office, then get tired to play tt, sleepy, hungry, and I want to do woop woop and move very little and kick some ass, I don't want to spend the little energy I have left.
so give me something I can loop with a wrist movement!!!!!!!!!
oh lord please!!!! have mercy!!!!!

uhm train ur non dominant hand and wreck havoc on casual players
its actually pretty fun haha

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
in this new place the guy was like
"ok we need to see what your level is".
so I think "I can't look too bad, I will start using my zjk alc until they relax".
half an hour later I'm already switching to my unused fake amultart and lobbing lol.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

FYI: kukamonga is probably a better player than anyone who has posted on this thread so far. He knows how to play.

Now you guys need to figure out the rest of what he is saying for yourself. But I like Ilia's suggestion. A baseball bat: how about a 12mm one ply Hinoki blade? Too bad those are no good for playing shakehand.

kukamonga: which T series blade is the fastest?

What about the Gewo Balsa Glass/Carbon blade with the 6.5mm Balsa core? That is a beast!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kokain
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
FYI: kukamonga is probably a better player than anyone who has posted on this thread so far. He knows how to play.

Now you guys need to figure out the rest of what he is saying for yourself. But I like Ilia's suggestion. A baseball bat, a 12mm one ply Hinoki blade. Too bad those are no good for TT.

kukamonga: which T series blade is the fastest?

What about the Gewo Balsa Glass/Carbon blade with the 6.5mm Balsa core? That is a beast!

I had the t-8, but at the time thought it was too stiff and uncontrollable.
now with plastic balls and worn out rubbers I would try it again.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl