Xiom setup

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
Hello guys!
I'm new to the forum and beginner to the sport. I recently set up a set-up consisting of blade Xiom Allround S and rubbers Xiom Japan Vega of 2,0. Tennis training 2 times a week with a former professional player and I find that my setup it is slow and I want to upgrade it. I thought the rubbers Tenergy 05 FX on both sides.
What do ye think?
best regards

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
Google translate says...

Hello guys!I'm new to the forum and a beginner at this sport. We recently established a set -up consisting of lam ? Xiom Allround S and tires Vega 2.0 Xiom Japan . Tennis training 2 times per s ? Pt ? Hand ? With a former player ? Tor professional and I find that ? My setup is slow and I want to ? - Upgrade it . M - I thought Tenergy 05 FX tires on both p ? R ? I.What you do and you? AllBest regards!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
It sounds to me that the speed may be a blade issue, Vega in 2.0 should be pretty quick and spinny rubber.

Have you thought about a quicker Xiom blade, like the hayabusa ZXI?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I was thinking at a combination Nittaku Acoustic and T05 Fx!

Well, at least you are thinking of a blade that is excellent even if it costs more than it should.

What caused you to decide you want an Acoustic?

Truthfully, that setup would be good for someone learning and training with a coach 2x a week. The rubbers and blade would be fine. Good feel and control. Good flex and spin. Not too slow but, more importantly, not too fast. So those rubbers should be fine in that blade.

But, we can't really know what would be best for you since we haven't even seen you play. What does your coach think about that setup for you?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
Well I said that the current setup is slow.Tennis training that I make them 2 times / week is based on speed, topspin. The wood that I have now is the blade Allround S and I want to buy is OFF. Fx T05 tires are superior Xiom Vega Japan, so I think it will feel a tremendous difference for the better!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
I read that. I think that racket you're using is very good. One thing to note that you want to go from a pretty hard rubber (Vega Japan) to a softer one (T05fx). With softer rubber you can generate spin very easily with soft strokes, but if you apply force, spin and speed will be less. Maybe the loss of speed will be compensated by faster wood, so after all you will generate the same speed.

Last edited: