says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The end of the post got lost Carl

That is the mystery of posting from deep space via Abacus. Sometimes these sticks and beads are very reliable. Then, sometimes internet connection for my Abacus, from out here is a bit of a conundrum.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
sorry for being a such prick but some people still like to believe that ma long was a victim of chinese fixing by LGL in london olympics. This rumor is still posted everywhere, and its random opinions by dissapointed ma long fans and not facts.

I know its dissapointing/frustrating to see your favorite player not to play in olympics but our personal preferences have nothing to do with results.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
1st paragraph of the 2nd page

The top twenty-eight (28) eligible players on the first ITTF World Ranking published following the 2011World Championships to be held in Rotterdam (Netherlands), from 8 to 15 of May 2011 will be qualified,with a maximum of two (2) players per NOC.In case of an exact tie for the last direct qualifying position, reference will be made to the previous WorldRanking List and the better ranked player will qualify. If still tied, reference would be made to the previousWorld Ranking List and so on until the tie is broken.

Please forgive me... I thought we were talking of 2012 and not 2011.

Interesting, so for this year 2016 olympics, will the rules be the same and so we have to back and see the rankings of May 2015 (rather than 2016), or are the rules different?

If that's the case then Xu Xin has a shot because he was number 2 in May 2015. He also came in 1st for the china trials this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: TTFrenzy
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Please forgive me... I thought we were talking of 2012 and not 2011.

Interesting, so for this year 2016 olympics, will the rules be the same and so we have to back and see the rankings of May 2015 (rather than 2016), or are the rules different?

If that's the case then Xu Xin has a shot because he was number 2 in May 2015. He also came in 1st for the china trials this year.

My suggestion is that you go back and read the thread. Money says you will find the answer multiple times over. Have fun. It is a worthwhile read.

Last edited:
Reactions: ttmonster
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
So, since I have time now: this Olympics, the qualification process is TOTALLY DIFFERENT from the 2012 Olympics.

Somebody figured out that in the 2012 Olympics, using ratings from 16 months before the games was a flawed system. Perhaps they will figure out the flaws in the 2016 Olympic Qualification process too.

In the tournament that this thread is about, Ma Long, just recently, qualified for the first spot in the Olympic Singles event for China.

After which, Liu Gouliang promptly pulled all the rest of the CNT players out of the qualification tournament, presumably because the other three all have world rankings that will allow them to qualify for the Olympics by World Ranking in May.

But, again, the rules for how they will qualify are publicly available, easily searchable and links to the qualification process for 2016 have been posted to this thread and are easily searchable. The qualification rules for 2012 are also easily searchable.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Reactions: TTFrenzy