How LAOLA.tv destroyed watching table tennis videos

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Ever since, youtube was a handy place to watch 5-10 minute highlighted videos for us with no time. I'm guessing most of us have no time. FFS who in the world has a time to watch all of the full matches on their fkking website not to mention the advertisements. All of the matches on their websites could be highlighed on youtube but they dont allow it. Why they can't understand watching all the matches that length 30-40 minute is just not practicable ffs..

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Do you realise these 3 vidoes are about 5% of all the matches?

Seriously most of people don't have time to watch 30 minutes matches each. Thanks to laola we can't watch more videos than 1 match out of 10 on youtube allowed only.

Wow thanks.......... 1 match out of 10 is really a lot wow.................

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Take a look at laola table tennis videos and count for yourself how many is there that aren't uploaded on youtube.

It is dozen of them. Telling me of how there is plenty more uploaded highlights of them on youtube is a lie. The 3 videos you've posted are the only ones and perhaps 1 or 2 more out of some 20-30 matches that are on laola.

The reason I suspect laola doesn't allow for more because in the past they've deleted ttlondon2012 videos that he uploaded as a highlight of 10 minutes.

You want to watch those 20 matches of approx 30 minutes each which translates into about 600 minutes (that's 10 hours of watching). Then good for you. Not everyone has the time to sit all day at home and watch full matches.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Look in times like these it is pretty standard to have all the matches recorded. But preventing them from being watched highlighted is just being a greedy stuck up a**hole that loala are.

This user has no status.
Thanks to laola we can watch live events and replays from those events. They have no obligation to share their work with others. Instead of complaining we should be thankfull that laola even exists.
I agree with that.

Moreover, with an argumentation like this that no one has time to watch those matches live, there is no reason to ever show table tennis live on TV - nevertheless that is a goal the ITTF and others try to achieve desperately for years. According to bzing this is useless. I think that if you really want to see a certain match (I'm not saying anyone should watch the whole live stream the whole day) between two particular players you will find your time if you don't have to work etc. just as you find your time to watch soccer champions league this evening for example :) All a matter of priorities.

I think it is great that Laola even streams such unimportant matches like the group stages of the olympic qualifications. Furthermore, to me it feels like we still have highlights of the most important matches (semi-finals, finals, china vs china etc.) available additionally. Therefore Laola brings additional value in my opinion. Maybe we get fewer unimportant highlights now, I cannot tell, but even if so it is a good tradeoff I think.

Reactions: anchorschmidt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 6 reviews
"pretty standard to have all the matches recorded", well it definitelly is not a standard in table tennis if website like laola have to do this and not some official ittf. Not to mention topic of that thread is very wrong. Laola didn't destory watching table tennis, even if You don't like what they do and how they do i, they didn't monopolize table tennis videos. You can go record matches on Your own or find company that makes it better than laola. Love that stand up comedian:

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
To you it "feels" like it"? First you've greaty exaggerated that "there is a lot more" which isn't a true at all. The 3 videos you've posted is just about 5% of them all. Once again you do not have a clue what is like to not have as much free time as you have. You think that people have nothing to do all day and just work for few hours and can watch 30 minutes matches all day.

Last edited:
Hey, Laola1.tv have now the rights for all ETTU Events (Champions League,ETTU Cup, European Championships....)

2 Months ago i had to delete over 200 Videos from this events! Now i have a contract with Laola1.tv and i can upload 3 Videos per Event Day.

Cheers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
And there you go..... I knew it. Laola bastards. But thanks anyway ttlondon2012 you're the best.

The fact that these perfidious bastards give you allowance under certain "conditions" of only 3 matches is just outrageous.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
To you it "feels" like it"? First you've greaty exaggerated that "there is a lot more" which isn't a true at all. The 3 videos you've posted is just about 5% of them all. Once again you do not have a clue what is like to not have as much free time as you have. You think that people have nothing to do all day and just work for few hours and can watch 30 minutes matches all day.
I see that there are not much highlights by Laola1 streams, however, as I found those three that easily I thought there must be a lot more. My mistake.

If you don't have time to watch one or two full length matches a week (there is still the possibility to fast forward on your own watching VODs...) then you certainly are a minority and I still claim it is all a matter of priorities. After all you have time to read and write in table tennis forums.
You cannot expect to find highlights of every group stage match of every single tournament, though. Important matches of big tournaments are highlighted most likely, if this is not enough for you or you want to see a specific player then you can watch the live stream or VOD, without Laola you could not watch it at all. It is not like we had 100 new highlights every day on Youtube before Laola started streaming and suddenly we don't have any at all.

If you don't start getting more precisely what recent match highlights you miss in particular (that would have been made without Laola) it is just your feeling I cannot agree with.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
How can you be so fallaciously judgemental about the time spent reading on the forum as if you know how much time it takes after you've mistaken how many videos is unuploaded and still continue your BS.

Dude you're completely missing the point and your belief of how people with no time is a minority is completely opposite to reality.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
One thing I can't understand is: living in europe I can watch latin, asians live streams in Full hd simply over youtube, but to watch europes live streams I need to watch ads and low quality... WTF... (I am not gonna pay money to laola for hd quality)

Well, let's be honest and speak plainly. You cannot watch any live streams from china because youtube is blocked in china. What you're watching is someone else's uploaded pirated content.

All laola is doing is protecting their investment. And at 5 euros per month a premium laola subscription is a gift.

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Yes Laola claimed rights on all bundesliga videos. It was similar 5 years ago when Reflex Sport claimed rights on their video content and the original TableTennisDaily Youtube Channel was deleted by Youtube for Copyright Infringement. Pretty sad really. It's essentially monopolizing the media for table tennis. ITTF were similar when they started claiming rights for all their video content and hired many of the top youtubers to make videos for their channel.

I was told ITTF could have my channel deleted because I had so much ITTF content on there at the time and then they asked if I was interested in making videos for them. I politely declined which was more than I felt they deserved at the time.

The youtubers were the ones who promoted the sport the most at that time and they didn't get thanks for any of it they just got steamrolled by the big guns.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
The youtubers were the ones who promoted the sport the most at that time and they didn't get thanks for any of it they just got steamrolled by the big guns.

That's right. The 100.000 views videos that are on youtube are not for nothing. The count views don't lie. I can bet any videos on laola even those from 2 months ago that were top 16 european matches probably have less than 1000 views. But of course profits matter more to them than popularity.

diH393X.jpg

i-wonder-if-facebook-has-made-a-deal-with-the-finebros-unless-they-amp-039-re-gonna-pay-for-this-literally_o_6543413.jpg

Last edited: