How LAOLA.tv destroyed watching table tennis videos

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Ever since, youtube was a handy place to watch 5-10 minute highlighted videos for us with no time. I'm guessing most of us have no time. FFS who in the world has a time to watch all of the full matches on their fkking website not to mention the advertisements. All of the matches on their websites could be highlighed on youtube but they dont allow it. Why they can't understand watching all the matches that length 30-40 minute is just not practicable ffs..

Just to be clear: you want laola.tv to make highlight videos of ALL matches from ALL events? I'm guessing that they stream 100-200 matches from each World Tour tournament alone?

Fact is, there is a REALLY large number of TT highlight videos - old or new - available on the internet. Add to that the streaming and on demand services of laola.tv and others, TT videos have never been as easily available as now.

In my teens (mid 80's to mid 90's) I had to rely mainly on a few VHS tapes of World and European Chanpionships recorded from Swedish TV by my uncle who had cable TV :-(

So I guess - unlike you - I'm just thankful for what we - the global TT community - have got :)

This user has no status.
It's a bit sad to see the options left to long-standing youtube channels are either to delete videos/account or to act almost as teasers linking thousands of subscribers to Laola's content thru the allowed couple of uploads per day with their logo, banner and everything.

Oh well, it's just business I guess... Good thing there's still free access to the occasional viewer like myself and to those around the world without the means for a paid subscription.

Also, as someone who doesn't require HD, I hope they're not intent on acquiring ITTF rights next and spamming their ads on what's already freely available and nicely catalogued content.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
It's called looking into the future by making it more accessible to people, and not restricted in use the kind of mess that laola is because they want to claim the money for it.

Is not just the fact we can't watch highlighed matches anymore because they've barred youtubers from doing them.

Laola has terrible lags when loading their videos, can't even load the whole video so I can jump from one moment to another without ridiculous waiting times to load not to mention the same advert every single time I open a new video of 20-30 seconds? Seriously? So I need to watch the same advert over and over again to even watch every clip?

Pure money swindling.

Even full matches on youtube could be just fully loaded so that by clicking arrows right or left you could simply jump over to the next point and skipping the moments inbetween points thus it was somehow possible to watch all the videos when time is restrained.

Good luck watching table tennis on laola, keep kissing their shoes for how great they are they're allowing you to watch videos on their website and enjoy their advertisement everytime you click a new video.

Meanwhile at the laola -->

tumblr_inline_nqkx51dhrS1sxv2yt_500.gif