NEW ITTF.com Website - August 2016! Suggestions!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
Dear TTD,

In August 2016 the much anticipated new ITTF.com will be launched! We want you the fans to help share the new home of #TableTennis. Put your suggestions below on what you would like on the new website and they will all be taken into consideration.

newittfwebsite.png

Thanks,
ITTF

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
Not so much interested in updated website, of course it would be cool.. But could you please update the rules? Allow VOC-free boosting and do something about the service rule so it is possible to make correct serves? And not do no more changes to the rules than that please :)

NDH

says Spin to win!
Thanks for reaching out to the fans!

I second the comment about youtube - I actually don't mind if it's only streamed on your website providing the quality is better, and it is available on all devices (i.e not flash based).

Also, a "media" section on the website - Interviews, general videos etc would be great.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Start streaming all live videos using youtube channel instead of ITTV . The quality is much higher , its available on all devices flash based or not and can be watched on the go !!

And deprive laola1tv of their money? To be fair, I think youtube is not accessible in certain countries. But those countries likely have equivalents.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Point taken about some countries not having youtube , but they could atleast make youtube streaming mandatory along with ITTV .... or anything that has a popular smart tv app , then we could stream it on TV without scourging the marked for cables and adapters and even then coming up short on quality ...
And deprive laola1tv of their money? To be fair, I think youtube is not accessible in certain countries. But those countries likely have equivalents.

This user has no status.
Good job asking the players about their wishes and suggestions. Unfortunately it is only about something irrelevant like your homepage design instead of about important topics like videos' camera angle, rule changes and so on.

Anyway, most important thing is to provide as much media (videos) as possible. Live streaming, highlights, video on demand, interviews, user uploads... from as much events as possible. And since we live in the 21st century one could dream of appropriate quality, both video and sound.

Reactions: Kokain and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
It's about time. I'm amazed the ITTF have persisted this long with their geocities "dawn of the internet" site.

Video should be a priority. No flash! It isn't supported by many modern devices and making your player reliant on it just restricts your viewer base. Just bring in a HTML5 solution and be done with it.

Videos need to be searchable and presented in a user-friendly way. Look at how youtube presents video content to the user and go from there. Don't use tiny scrollbars and a 2-inch wide column to list matches, some of which involve players with massive names.

I could comment on the quality of the video footage itself, but that's not really a website issue.

Integrate new posts and general content with social media to make it easy to share and comment on site activity. Even 30 minute wordpress blogs come with that out of the box these days.

This user has no status.
I believe an important change is to fix the navigation in the ranking site.

The site where you can see your own ranking and which players you beat and so, should be more orderly.
Also the page with the ranking should be updatet every month at the front page with the new rankings.
Maybe you should also add one ranking list of players climbing the most the last month?