Can you glue over old glue

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
I recently bought a load of old rubbers from e bay for experimentation.The majority are s/p rubbers.Some are clean but others have loads of glue on the back that may be voc glue(yeah i know its illegal;))Ive tried removing some of the glue and there really is more to life lol(i used acetone).
Has anybody ever just glued over the old glue?So in a nutshell
1-has anyone ever glued over old voc glue or
2-glued over water based glue.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
VOC over VOC is normal, water base over water based is sometimes ok, sometimes not (I wouldn't try it because it can cause hard times to remove two different water based glue's mix. For example I glued Revolution 3 glue over Xiom IBond glue and -oh my God- it was terrible!) I don't know about VOC+water based, but make sure the thing and remove the old layers.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I have glued WBG over VOC glue and it was fine. I glue WBG over WBG all the time. I don't bother removing old glue unless there is really just too much glue.

Once the VOCs have evaporated from a VOC glue, once they are gone, the glue itself isn't against the rules. It is actually the VOCs that are a problem. And if you used speed glue and the speed glue effect wore off because the VOCs evaporated, once the VOCs are gone, it is no longer something that is an issue.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
Fantastic help and really appreciated.I tried to remove some old glue from a very old anti spin rubber that i bought on e bay for experimentation.i made a mess and gave up.in the end i just glued it to a defensive blade.its an ok job.As an experiment i received some serves from a coach and he couldnt believe how the anti just killed everything.So the experiment was well worth it.