Traveling to the US and looking for places to play

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
I think it migth be a good idea to tell you guys about me and about the swiss tt system.

I started playing about one and a half year ago and im absolutely addicted! Meaning i play whenever i have time to.
I just finished my first season as a player of TTC Bern and it went very well. My team and I finished the season on second place in the 5. league and sowe will be moving up to the 4. league next season.

I am playing (or try to play) a two winged looper game. I also really like trying out different serves and returns.

as it is very hard to compare ratings i will briefly explain the swiss system: We use an elo system probably pretty close to yours. However you start at 600 points wich is the D1 class. There are in total 20 classes: D1-5 C6-10 B 11-15 and A16-20. The pro or semi pros rank around A18-A20 wich is at 1600-1800 points. When starting most people first fall down into the 500 aera. To rise up in the D classes you need to get alot of points (for D2 are 660 needed and for D3 even 770) so the distribution is like a pyramide. Meaning about 80% of the players are in D1-D5.

To maybe grasp this better, one could say on D1-2 lvl people mostly push the ball and let the enemy make mistakes and on D5 people can pretty much use all the strokes techniques. I hope this helps :D If you have questions just ask!

I am now around D3 lvl and on good days i can beat a D5 to C6 player.

Looking forward to play against a variety of people and playstyles :)

I think i will head up to boston first and try to visit as much tabletennis clubs as i can.

Cheers

Last edited:
If you visit DC, 2 hours South is Richmond (Virginia). See my posts about the 3 clubs in this town with days and times. Let me know if you visit Richmond.

From Richmond (Virginia) you could head South to Cary, North Carolina (Triangle Tennis)

Then further South to Atlanta Georgia (Atlanta TT)

Then you could drive West to Kansas and see the poster above's TT club

Noel, tell me about clubs in Switzerland. I'd like to holiday there this summer (and play TT too)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
Thank you Chuck for the inspiration I will let you know if i get near DC.

So in switzerland we have alot of Clubs. However they arent open all the time, most of them are open two to three times a week in the evening.Thre migth be summer vacation for some aswell, as lots of clubs use school gyms.

On the other hand there are outddor tables almost everywhere.

Let me know when and where you want to go, maybe i can help you then.

Cheers

Last edited:
If you plan your travels around US history, you can hit the major areas along with cities. For example: Boston and the Tea Party. Baltimore and Fort McHenry will reveal the Star Spangled Banner. Washington DC down to Richmond VA covers both ends of the US Civil war. I could go on and on.

Reactions: Boogar
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
Bump to this thread!
I am going to arrive the 8. of july at the airport in Newark in NY.
Is anyone around at that time? i think i will be staying one or two days in New York.

I would rly like to go down to Phily to meet Nextlvl, but im not sure if the others that are traveling with me want to take a detour down to phily.
So could we maybe organise a meet and greet at LYT Centre? Thats would be awesome! :)