Build the best player

This user has no status.
This should be fun for a lot of people. Build the best table tennis player using strengths from current and former players :)

My player:

FH Drive - Quadra Aruna
FH Loop - Zhang Jike
BH - Kalinkos Kreanga
Serve - Waldner
Serve Return - Fan Zhendong
Block - Waldner
Movement - Xu Xin

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Overseer, you have built your own Frankenstein's monster! Let's call it, KO's monster.

Funny, all this time I thought that the 4 top CNT players were already Frankenstein Monsters.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
Overseer, you have built your own Frankenstein's monster! Let's call it, KO's monster.

Funny, all this time I thought that the 4 top CNT players were already Frankenstein Monsters.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

I tried to fit Ma Long in there somewhere but I couldn't find one aspect of his game that's clearly superior. I guess what I'm saying is that I don't think he's the absolute best at any one part of the game. But overall game...he's the best I've ever seen.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hmm... That's a mighty pen I must say. I think my player might have you on the backhand to backhand rally :)

Athough Kreanga's backhand is a beast, Wang Hao's might be the best backhand ever. So steady, so much spin and control. It is hard to say one way or the other. Those are two amazing backhands. And Wang Hao's is definitely amazing over the table.

This user has no status.
Athough Kreanga's backhand is a beast, Wang Hao's might be the best backhand ever. So steady, so much spin and control. It is hard to say one way or the other. Those are two amazing backhands. And Wang Hao's is definitely amazing over the table.

Best backhand ever? Maybe, maybe not, I think Zhang JIke is better than Wang Hao on the backhand wing..but outright winners from the backhand...I'll take Kreanga any day. I'll give it to Wang, that reverse Penhold is nice. But Kreanga could pull it from anywhere, anytime! On the run, standing still, don't matter.

This user has no status.
Brain : Waldner

Rest : Does not matter :p

Oh noooooo ttmonster... Waldner was a great strategist but that Applegreen guy used to give it Waldner tactically. If I remember right Applegren, in their prime was one of the few people who had a winning record against Waldner.

Last edited:
Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.

By the way Carl...got me a Carbonado 190. Had to try it. The sound is amazing...it's got that cracking sound like the pros on YouTube. Lol But it's not that nice for me away from the table (about 5-6ft.) 64 works good at that distance on the backhand, but hurricane doesn't do so well for me at that distance on the 190. Long 5 blade and the Zhang Jike SZLC are much better. But the handle is perfect...allows even weight distribution. Even with heavy rubbers like MX-P and Hurricane 3 the blade doesn't feel heavy at all. Even though it's actually heavier than both my other setups.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I think Ma Long is already a Frankenstein monster. Easily the best server in the world for me and impeccable footwork and forehand. Maybe we can replace the backhand counter hit or topspin with Zhang Jike but that is about it. Or we can replace his power level with Fan Zhendong but everything else is just too good.

This user has no status.
My Choices would be:-

FH Loop (3rd ball) - Ma Long
BH Loop (3rd ball) - Kreanga
FH (In rally) - Fan Zhendong
BH (In rally) - Zhang Jike
Serve - Kenta Matsudaira
Serve Receive - Zhang Jike
Block - Obviously Waldner
Lobbing - Jun Mizutani/Saive (Cant choose!)
Under the table/Disguised shots - Xu Xin
Footwork - R.S.M
Cho/Celebration - Zhang Jike
Sportsmanship - Timo Boll

This user has no status.
My Choices would be:-

FH Loop (3rd ball) - Ma Long
BH Loop (3rd ball) - Kreanga
FH (In rally) - Fan Zhendong
BH (In rally) - Zhang Jike
Serve - Kenta Matsudaira
Serve Receive - Zhang Jike
Block - Obviously Waldner
Lobbing - Jun Mizutani/Saive (Cant choose!)
Under the table/Disguised shots - Xu Xin
Footwork - R.S.M
Cho/Celebration - Zhang Jike
Sportsmanship - Timo Boll

Ahhhhh....a worthy opponent!

Hmm...that 3rd ball FH choice is hard to beat! Maybe impossible. Lol
Excellent choice for serve as well. Only problem is he misses a bit much for me.
Sportsmanship...yeah, you got it!
Footwork...I can't agree. I think Xu Xin is by far the best. The ground he covers is crazy!
Celebration? Watch the barriers and all that expensive DHS marketing. Lol Zhang Jike is going to kick the crap outta your signs. Lol

says what [IMG]
I think Ma Long is already a Frankenstein monster. Easily the best server in the world for me and impeccable footwork and forehand. Maybe we can replace the backhand counter hit or topspin with Zhang Jike but that is about it. Or we can replace his power level with Fan Zhendong but everything else is just too good.

I've found that Ma Long is so good in match situations and technically at such a good level even compared to the other top pros, that he looks pretty average. No big weaknesses or big strengths making him look spectacular, because his entire game is spectacular.

It's that effect you get when someone reaches for a very wide ball and barely gets it and he's said to have good footwork, and then a far better player comes along, rips the wide ball to oblivion and it just looks normal.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
so... nobody's dream player has a chop?

And when you build a player with specific footwork, doesn't that change which players forehand loop/other strokes you'd like?

We hate choppers! Lol! I'm traumatized by my coach when it comes to chopping... My loop drives are pretty good and strong, so he'll say. "Time to slow you down" Uh oh... chop (bottom side) uhhh Oh...chop (no spin)...uh oh chop (top spin) <---- got cha lol!

Last edited: