May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Do you mean this one?
IMG-20151013-WA0001.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
It would be an exaggeration to say I love it, but I definitely prefer it over the XSF40+ and once you get used to the sound it's pretty equal to the NP40+ IMHO.

A player whose game is rather based more on tempo than on spin probably would prefer it over the other two mentioned balls.

But we (our club) is still allowed to use C-balls in competition, so we mostly use these here in practice before an important tournament.

Last edited:
Reactions: brabhamista
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I have weighed them. They are slightly ligher than XSF but they are harder. They are very slick on the outside, so they fly very straight and fast and retain their spin after they bounce off the table. They are quite unique.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I played with these G40+ at the MDTTC maryland National Training Center April Tourney recently.

I pretty much agree with Baal, and anyone would be plumb crazy to disagree with Baal on his opinions of plastic balls.

The balls make a very irritating ping sound on bounce. The do indeed feel more solid than their weight. They carry spin longer in air. They do not dip right away on heavy topspin at the table, but in off the table counterlooping, these will allow you to load up the spin as much as you can with a plastic ball. In such a loop to loop rally, the G40+ will seem to come at you FASTER, which requires an adjustment.

I adjusted within the time of 3 matches of my round robin group. The bounce on a passive short push or light spin ball that lands deep wasn't as unpredictable as the Joola ball, which ought to be melted with a welding torch.

I didn't break my bat or opponents'/Tourney Director's bones during the matches, so I guess that was a positive sign.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
It would be an exaggeration to say I love it, but I definitely prefer it over the XSF40+ and once you get used to the sound it's pretty equal to the NP40+ IMHO.

A player whose game is rather based more on tempo than on spin probably would prefer it over the other two mentioned balls.

I would agree with you, yet Der_Echte, who spins first and asks questions later, if ever, made the U2000 finals and lost by a point at duece in 5th using those balls. The level of that crowd of 12-15 players who could compete for finals was around 1650 to 1700 TTR in level, way higher than their official rating.

I play mostly attacks close to table with HEAVY spin, and it worked well enough. Most of those players who are skilled and way under-rated are speed monsters. The ball bounced true enough for me to track and spin heavy. That was about all I could ask for - a fair chance to see the ball true and make a heavy opener. The JOOLA 40+ ball many USA clubs like to use for their tourneys is 1000x worse than the BTY ball... the Joola ball bounced like it had a Mexican jumping bean inside it built in.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Just to chime in, I have played with the Butterfly Plastic balls for practice, and they are decent . I did not have to any noticable adjustment to go from Nittaku 40+ 3 start to the Butterfly Plastic balls , and they were retaining speed pretty good.
only thing is the color is like old plastic balls , other than that its pretty decent for practice ....

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Do you not find them extremely heavy?

Feels like trying to hit/spin a brick!

I have to agree with you NDH. They sound heavy, feel heavy and play heavy. That said, they break easy enough when you tread on them (accidentally of course!!!). The colour is also odd, looking like they have been played with for a while already.
Appeared to react to spin ok, and with good speed.
XSF seem to get mis-shapen very quickly, so will be interesting to monitor the durability of these G40+ Butterfly balls.

NDH

says Spin to win!
I have to agree with you NDH. They sound heavy, feel heavy and play heavy. That said, they break easy enough when you tread on them (accidentally of course!!!). The colour is also odd, looking like they have been played with for a while already.
XSF seem to get mis-shapen very quickly, so will be interesting to monitor the durability of these G40+ Butterfly balls.

Well at least it's not just me!

For those who say it's not heavy, that may be so (physical weight wise), but the coating and the general "thickness" makes it feel heavy - It's almost like the ball is made of a much thicker plastic.

I'd also say they weren't anywhere near as spinny as the other "top" plastic balls I've tried (XSF, Stiga, AP).

Still, it's easy enough to get used to.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
This is the ball that am talking about
2c64ca1bc44f288ffaf62956edb3ccb2.jpg

Sent from my SM-A700H using Tapatalk

Everyone seems to be off on a tangent about the G40+ rather than this older made in china ball.

This one is pretty much the same as all seamed chinese balls. Low, inconsistent bounce. Poor durability. Carries spin well. Overall - yuk. The G40+ is better, but I still prefer seamless or Nittaku Premium over either Butterfly ball.

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
Well at least it's not just me!

For those who say it's not heavy, that may be so (physical weight wise), but the coating and the general "thickness" makes it feel heavy - It's almost like the ball is made of a much thicker plastic.

I'd also say they weren't anywhere near as spinny as the other "top" plastic balls I've tried (XSF, Stiga, AP).

Still, it's easy enough to get used to.

I've not laid hands on the G40+ yet -Tees Sport were out of stock for a while - but a couple of people have brought the Chinese-made Butterfly 40+ to Kingston and I found those a bit light and airy. I've probably said this before but you gotta try the Nittaku Premium 40+ if you haven't already - that ball seems closest to the Nittaku Premium celluloid ball that I'm used to.

Oh, and they are all like cannonballs compared to the fondly-remembered 38mm balls of yore. Yes, I'm that old !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Everyone seems to be off on a tangent about the G40+ rather than this older made in china ball.

This one is pretty much the same as all seamed chinese balls. Low, inconsistent bounce. Poor durability. Carries spin well. Overall - yuk. The G40+ is better, but I still prefer seamless or Nittaku Premium over either Butterfly ball.

Sorry Andy, thought that these old seamed balls had been around for quite a while, and we must be talking about the newer G40+ balls. Agree with you about the seamed Butterfly 40+ balls, poor inconsistent bounce, which if you land on the seam react differently. Lighter, more floaty, feel to them. XSF seamless much better IMO.

ps (off topic) Thanks for the Adidas rubbers, going a treat on TBS blade, especially with the G40+ balls :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
....The colour is also odd, looking like they have been played with for a while already.

I hope this doesn´t turnout that i´m becoming colourblind, but are you really sure you're not talkin' of the Easy Ball??
My G40+ are whiter than white!
Brighter than any other Ball i have, and I have a few, just take a peep, man...

Attachments

• IMG_20160109_003627.jpg
    IMG_20160109_003627.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
This user has no status.
Are you sure you're not talkin' of the Easy Ball??
My G40+ are whiter than white!
Brighter than any other Ball i have, and I have a few...
Unfortunately for me i wont be able to order any Butterfly product at all since the company has stopped shipping internationally. So i have to adjust to any other 40+ ball..any advice would be welcome

Sent from my SM-A700H using Tapatalk