Butterfly poly ball

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
To be honest, I prefer the G40+ Btfly practice ball to the G40+ with the pink logo that is ITTF approved!

Reactions: Shuki and Suga D
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Unfortunately G40 seamless *** is the worst ball I have ever played. The worst thing is they (ETTA) would use it everywhere :( D3ss3n - you are very lucky that your TTA stopped use it. Maybe I move to your country :)

The G40+ is not seamless. I don't particularly like it but I prefer it to seamed 40+ Chinese balls (such as the regular Btfly 40+).

Btfly does not market a seamless ball. See website below.

http://www.old.ittf.com/_front_page/ittf1.asp?category=balls

Reactions: Suga D
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
By the way, the DHS D40+ is now listed on the official approval list from ITTF. It is rumored to be similar to the Nittaku Premium 40+.

But I still can't find anyplace that actually sells it.

This user has no status.
If the prototype is a good indication, no way similar to Nittaku Premium.

Here's my personal preference:
1. Nittaku Premium
2. Sanwei/Xiom/Xushaofa
3. Yinhe
4. DHS new (i based on playing with prototype, haven't tried the released commercial version)
5. Butterfly (need to try again to confirm)
6. Palio/DHS old

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Interesting. I've actually starting using nittaku jtop training balls because my prediction is that everyone will follow nittaku's suit within the next few years. It's a no brainer especially from a sales standpoint.

Believe it or not, but there are people that don't like the NP40+ very much. Saying it's too spinny and stuff like that. I've heard stuff like that at tournaments...

Everyone has his preferences.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
Unfortunately G40 seamless *** is the worst ball I have ever played. The worst thing is they (ETTA) would use it everywhere :( D3ss3n - you are very lucky that your TTA stopped use it. Maybe I move to your country :)

My experience with G40 is different. Never used/use it in practice, nor in any of the local leagues. However, it was in use in 3 out of 10 ETTA/TTE tournaments I played since the beginning of summer, and some of my best wins happened with G40.

As in TTD's review of the ball, it feels a bit faster, the trajectory seems flatter and dips faster/lower after the bounce when looping. Which works great when you're a looper, I guess.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Believe it or not, but there are people that don't like the NP40+ very much. Saying it's too spinny and stuff like that. I've heard stuff like that at tournaments...

Everyone has his preferences.

I suppose that's true. They've introduced so much difference in the ball that people now have preference in balls. Of course people who like the slow and low spin balls wouldn't want them to get more difficult to play with. The other day a celluloid ball got in the mix at the club and a veteran player (defender style) said he didn't want to use it because people could whip it by too fast. Dumbing down the sport. I can't think of another ball sport that has done that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I suppose that's true. They've introduced so much difference in the ball that people now have preference in balls. Of course people who like the slow and low spin balls wouldn't want them to get more difficult to play with. The other day a celluloid ball got in the mix at the club and a veteran player (defender style) said he didn't want to use it because people could whip it by too fast. Dumbing down the sport. I can't think of another ball sport that has done that.

Wimbledon slowed down the courts by changing the mix of grass and used bigger balls so that it could make rallies longer. Just saying.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
BTW 40+ performs like the other seamed plastic balls... bounces like it has Mexican jumping bean inside it.

G40+ is a different animal. Real irritating ping like it is broken, carries more topspin late so you gotta speed up your timing in top to top rallies... but the short game bounce seemed consistent enough for me to not wanna step on that ball like a cockroach.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
G40+ has a tendency to slide on the table, especially when it is worn. It has a different and smoother surface than any other plastic ball. Takes some getting used to. I really don't like it much.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
G40+ has a tendency to slide on the table, especially when it is worn. It has a different and smoother surface than any other plastic ball. Takes some getting used to. I really don't like it much.

+1, straight out of the box it has a slick surface like a 4 year old worn celluloid ball. The sound I can get used to but the greasy feel is tougher. Of the four main ball types (seamless, chinese seamed, nittaku premium, G40+), this is the one that I struggle to adapt to the most when switching.