Back to Forum
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 56 224
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 224 56

Change in setup

Hello everyone. Just wanted to know how i can upgrade my current setup for my FH which is Donic bluefire JP 01. Having a really hard time playing with the plastic ball. The balls seems to slip on the rubber and i have to use more power when spinning

Sent from my SM-A700H using Tapatalk

says I like to hit Heavy Topspin

Super Moderator 15,992 14,477

Super Moderator 14,477 15,992
    What blade are you using with the rubbers. What are you using on BH? Is the BH rubber working for you?

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus
    Setup 1: Blade by Nate: Vortex Spin Machine, FH Evolution MX-K, BH Evolution FX-P
    Setup 2: OSP Virtuoso Plus, FH Rasanter R 48, BH Rasanter R 48
    Spin is Everything

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

I am using Donic Epox Carbotec and for the BH i am using Yasaka Rakza 7. The BH plays better than the FH but still i am getting this slippery feeling with this very tricky ball

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 71 158
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 158 71
    Many similar rubbers, like the Bluefire M1, MX-P, MX-S, PRO-GT 47. Rakza 7 and Rakza X and so on that may have a bit more arc and/or grip. I played Tenergy 05 before but stopped with it when I started to play with 40+. Maybe helps you, maybe not.

The Following User Likes Inkognito's Post:

UpSideDownCarl

Private coach/trainer for more then 5 years with highest level player from national junior/senior teams. Before that I was a club trainer for almost 10 years. I really enjoy helping players to evolve and understand the game and they don't need to be pros for me to find it interesting! Buy Stiga blades and rubbers to a very good price? PM me! http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/fo...-amp-Butterfly

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkognito
    Many similar rubbers, like the Bluefire M1, MX-P, MX-S, PRO-GT 47. Rakza 7 and Rakza X and so on that may have a bit more arc and/or grip. I played Tenergy 05 before but stopped with it when I started to play with 40+. Maybe helps you, maybe not.
    And what did you start using with the poly ball?

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 71 158
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 158 71
    Bluefire M1(fh), Airoc(fh/bh), PRO GT 47(fh), Calibra LT(bh), Airoc Astro(fh/bh) and then I did surgery on my shoulder so short pips in fh and now MX-P in bh. Tenergy kinda ok versus the slip but I had problem doing power with my bad shoulder, why I went preboosted rubbers and the fact that Tenergy lost some of the advantage it before had while using the old ball (just my own opinion).

The Following User Likes Inkognito's Post:

UpSideDownCarl

Private coach/trainer for more then 5 years with highest level player from national junior/senior teams. Before that I was a club trainer for almost 10 years. I really enjoy helping players to evolve and understand the game and they don't need to be pros for me to find it interesting! Buy Stiga blades and rubbers to a very good price? PM me! http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/fo...-amp-Butterfly

Super Moderator 15,992 14,477

Super Moderator 14,477 15,992
    I think Inkognito's post on things that might work is pretty good. I do like MX-P, but there are other rubbers that would be good too.

Victas V>01 Stiff works pretty well with the poly ball too. I haven't tried the newer Victas 15 yet but it might be good as well.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

The Following User Likes UpSideDownCarl's Post:

Inkognito

Setup 1: Blade by Nate: Vortex Spin Machine, FH Evolution MX-K, BH Evolution FX-P
    Setup 2: OSP Virtuoso Plus, FH Rasanter R 48, BH Rasanter R 48
    Spin is Everything

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 387 644
    L
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 644 387

User Info Menu

It's natural that you need more power for plastic balls as they're slower and less reactive to spin. As for the "designed for poly ball", it's all just marketing BS. We've seen plenty of "designed for poly ball" rubbers and blade and i've yet to found an unboosted rubber spinnier than Tenergy 05 and most pros are still using the same ALC blades timo boll used in the 90s

The Following 2 Users Like laistrogian's Post:

Inkognito and UpSideDownCarl