The story of my weight loss JOE BRITNELL

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2020
Yeah good story, and good job done 😉

I've started my weight loss journey last year in mid june: 91 Kg for 1m63 (200 lbs), now I'm 66 Kg (145).

I was only able to do 1h walks at the very beginning, then it became fast walks, longer ones, etc...

When I started exercising at home it was hard... my joints were hurting badly, so sometimes I was out for TT and work out for a week ! so I took it smoothly, and then I became better at HIIT, and better, and better, so much better that now loosing weight on harder HIIT exercises is becoming difficult, so I do jump rope in addition, ghost footwork practice too. I hate running I must say hahaha

Nowadays it's 3 times HIIT + 20' jump rope a week + muscle reinforcements with muscles training, dynamics planks, side planks, using kettlebells and elastic bands, 3 times a week too. And a bit of long walks.

On the nutrition side, mostly vegan, plant based proteins, low carbs: lentils, tofu, almonds, quinoa. Lots of green and raw veggies ! avocados, mushrooms, green leafs, etc... not too much fruits, 1 apple, 1 pear, 1 banana a day. Low carbs means no pasta, bread, rice whatsoever. Linseed oil, canola oil, olive oil, a pinch of salt, only water, and that's pretty much it. A cheat day once every 2 weeks, mostly tofu, black olives tapenade and hummus sandwiches.

Mostly vegan cos' now I'm using honey to avoid hypoglycemia issues, I've experienced some lately as I've really loose fat, not more than 2 teaspoons a day.

In addition I take a morning sugar free coffe, very strong one to get pumped, and 2 nutrients "cocktails", powders I pour in water:
- guarana-maca-spirulina 5 grams
- turmeric-ginger 4 grams

Last edited:
Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2020
Oh I forgot something important in my diet too: fasting.

I do intermittent fasting everyday: first meal at 11 AM, last one at 7 PM, it's 16/8 fasting, means 16 hours without eating anything, only water, and having my meals in an 8 hours span max.

I do a real 36/48 hours fasting after my cheat day too, it's a good way to get energized again.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am just making sure you guys know this thread has been inactive for a year and 8 months until andrew_tihi woke the thread up.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

I think this is a fine thread to have woken up. Even if the reasons healthhakim woke up the thread are suspect.

However, it is worth noting that the last post on TTDaily that Joe Britnell made was on 4/26/2016. That is almost exactly 3 years ago today. Perhaps he is still coming on the site every so often. But we have no indication that is the case. :)

He is easy to find on Facebook though. So feel free to check in and see how he has been doing.

Damn, i love my pork chops and lechon....

I'm all about what you did and why you motivated me to lose weight faster. I have been trying to lose weight for 2 months, the results are already seen. It helps me a lot that I do different exercises and eat healthier. Does anyone else have any weight loss methods in sports, balanced food, and vitamins?

An inspiring story. I guess, the weight loss is a sum of several important parts but motivation and self determination are the biggest factors at the end of the day.

Music&Ping;342864 said:
Yeah good story, and good job done 😉

I've started my weight loss journey last year in mid june: 91 Kg for 1m63 (200 lbs), now I'm 66 Kg (145).

I was only able to do 1h walks at the very beginning, then it became fast walks, longer ones, etc...

When I started exercising at home it was hard... my joints were hurting badly, so sometimes I was out for TT and work out for a week ! so I took it smoothly, and then I became better at HIIT, and better, and better, so much better that now loosing weight on harder HIIT exercises is becoming difficult, so I do jump rope in addition, ghost footwork practice too. I hate running I must say hahaha

Nowadays it's 3 times HIIT + 20' jump rope a week + muscle reinforcements with muscles training, dynamics planks, side planks, using kettlebells and elastic bands, 3 times a week too. And a bit of long walks.

On the nutrition side, mostly vegan, plant based proteins, low carbs: lentils, tofu, almonds, quinoa. Lots of green and raw veggies ! avocados, mushrooms, green leafs, etc... not too much fruits, 1 apple, 1 pear, 1 banana a day. Low carbs means no pasta, bread, rice whatsoever. Linseed oil, canola oil, olive oil, a pinch of salt, only water, and that's pretty much it. A cheat day once every 2 weeks, mostly tofu, black olives tapenade and hummus sandwiches.

Mostly vegan cos' now I'm using honey to avoid hypoglycemia issues, I've experienced some lately as I've really loose fat, not more than 2 teaspoons a day.

In addition I take a morning sugar free coffe, very strong one to get pumped, and 2 nutrients "cocktails", powders I pour in water:
- guarana-maca-spirulina 5 grams
- turmeric-ginger 4 grams

Just making sure people know this is a thread that has been woken up repeatedly. Nothing wrong with HeatherParr waking the thread up. I am just not sure there is a reason to address posts to Joe Britnell. He can be found on Instagram. I assume he can be found on FaceBook as well. But he has not posted to TTDaily since 2016.

Still a worthwhile and inspiring topic as long as your hopes of getting a response from Joe are contained. He might. But....

smile.png

Just making sure people know this is a thread that has been woken up repeatedly. Nothing wrong with HeatherParr waking the thread up. I am just not sure there is a reason to address posts to Joe Britnell. He can be found on Instagram. I assume he can be found on FaceBook as well. But he has not posted to TTDaily since 2016.

Still a worthwhile and inspiring topic as long as your hopes of getting a response from Joe are contained. He might. But....

smile.png

I think it is still a good read especially to those with weight problems. I hope we can encounter more stories like this one.