Christmas came early this year

says what [IMG]
the only thing i am concerned about here is whether or not you have a good enough practice partner to be able to see how your new bat reacts to different types of shots.
My partner is not exactly a solid player, but he has enough shots that make the ball go out or into the net if I do things wrong.

His topspin serve pops my shot up right off the table if I don't pay attention, and I need to counter the side-top spin in his rallying shots. It's probably not excessive spin, but it's enough that it'll go right past me if I'm not ready. He's improved a lot in the past months.

Our setups are quite similar in ability, so it's a matched fight in terms of equipment. We are slowly learning to spin better, so we might be able to use the equipment better, soon.

says what [IMG]
don't forget to work on your pushing game both of you. the better one of you gets at pushing the better the other one will get at attacking pushes.

We're so used to each other that even with variation we can return low and fast, or very short and spinny. The new rubber has helped: my heavier pushes stop right in their tracks 3/4 down the table.

On a normal point, we will be attacking each others' pushes, and we've got quite a lot better and more confident in attacking half long and ambiguous looking pushes.