For Sale: DHS national equipment (rubbers and blades)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Hi, I totally agree with Suga D. There is no way to prove that what Chen sells, is legit or not. Without trying to disrespect but who assures me that Gian and his source should give the last word. There will always be questions and some People that question the veracity of an affirmation. I fully understand Chen and I believe that his right to confidentiality must be respected. Maybe his source does not want to be known. I just hope that before moderators banned Chen they have communicated that decision and that it was not sudden. As moderators of TTD, I think the best thing they can do is to warn users to be careful about their purchases and based on their criteria, decide whether to buy or not. The fact that Chen knows so much about the DHS products makes us think that there are actually fewer risks when buying (that's what I think). On the other hand I suppose that this type of attitude should arise whenever someone indicates that they had some Kind of inconvenient with Chen products, either did not receive what he ordered or the quality of the product is poor. However so far ALL I have heard about Chen have been just good things.
I really hope that all problems are solved. I have had the opportunity to communicate with Chen and he has been a very cooperative person at all times. And if he does want to say what his source is (with first and last name) I do not think he should be treated this way. In some post he mentioned that he had a contact in CNT if I am not mistaken. With that I think that would be enough. We must accommodate people who with their knowledge can benefit the forum. As I said, there will NEVER be a way to know 100% the legitimacy of a product and much less DHS considering that many point out that the copies were made by the same factory. I do not think there is jealousy as mentioned, and I understand the work of the moderators, however we should be more flexible with this subject. Asking us to give the exact name of our source can be exaggerated and even banning someone for not doing it.

Reactions: Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Dan does know Chen Chen. Dan actually knows him pretty well which is on of the reasons the situation is actually so disconcerting.

TTDaily has every reason to want to figure a way in which we can reasonably confirm that Chen's products are authentic.

The reason Dan is not doing the research himself is that Giang is really an expert on this subject. He has connections there that could help him be fairly sure the products are legitimate. While Dan may not be as able to do that research, partly due to expertise, partly due to equipment connections, but most importantly, due to time constraints. Whereas, Giang is able to do all the research necessary for TTDaily to be able to fairly certainly conclude that these products are as advertised.

I don't believe Giang needs to have the name of the source to figure out if we can reasonably confirm that the products are legitimate. I can think of a few ways we can do it.

TTDaily really has every reason to want this resolved so Chen Chen can continue being a productive member of the forum.

What has been most disconcerting has been how Chen responded after Dan asked Chen to cooperate with Giang.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

If I can help get Giang and Chen Chen to figure out a way that we can be fairly comfortable that the products are authentic, I will be happy to work with them to get that sorted out. But we need clear communication from Chen.

Hopefully we now can receive that and we can get this issue sorted out for the best interests of the whole forum.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
So how I see it people either believe or don't about authenticity of national equipment, if Chen supplies a name (source) surely the only way to know is then to contact the source to verify it. If they only wish to know a name he could give any name as they have said the info is not going to be used. To prove it though Chen' information to his supply would have to be used to verify that. I hope I am making sense. I think with national DHS etc there are many sources on the internet and we know there are great copies out there of every brand and I guess if the rules here state it has to be verified as genuine then Chen will have to stick to ebay and hopefully he will just use his knowledge to guide others if they wish to listen. If someone on here really wants to try his equipment then they will contact him one way or another. I say at least let him back but not to sale his stuff if it upsets the powers that be. Could Ma Long (example only) let so many of his personal rubbers etc out of his site to be sold on by someone on the side, does Ma Long get 10% :) sure he needs the money lol, who knows, or is it not personal rubbers but very good copies of? I sure don't know and I guess Chen doesn't 100% unless he is with his source upon acquiring these rubbers. Very difficult situation all round I think but I would say let the members decide, if people feel that Chen is ripping them off this forum would 'Go Off' big time.
Ultimately buying anything be it here, Ebay or Taobao is a risk that the buyer is willing to take. To us Giang saying his source is legit to me is as much proof as anyone on here saying they have a source, unless you see it with your own eyes a person getting rubbers from a national player then it only ever will be about trust and a bit of loyalty in this TT community I think. This is my opinion only no offence to anyone or anything in the writing of :)

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Let's go back to page 1 of this long thread. It says "For Sale: DHS national equipment (rubbers and blades)" and then "Zhangjike,Malong and Fanzhendong personal hurricane 3 rubbers are available".

I am sitting here thinking, how in the world would something like that be verifiable by moderators of a TT forum? Especially one based in the UK (or in North America)? Being one of those myself, I am not at all sure how I would go about it.

A skeptic might ask how is some guy currently living in the UK getting access to stuff like that? And bear in mind that anybody can make an ink stamp. I will admit that while I have no dog in this fight, that is the first thing that crossed my mind when this thread started.

But now let's imagine that the person in UK does have a way to get some of the CNT rubbers the top three players in the world are using. In that case, is he actually going to do anything at all that might jeopardize his access to that stuff? That could explain why Chen Chen seems a bit uncooperative. I guess his response would depend on how much he would need this forum to sell this stuff and what his actual motivation is. The thing is, he is not selling for insane prices and he does seem to be mainly helping people get access to by what all accounts is a superior product. It doesn't seem to be something he could be making a ton of money from.

Sadly, I don't see any way that this can be resolved easily.

But people might want to stop and consider that it is a really extraordinary claim to be making: That you are selling DHS rubbers from the stocks specially made for Ma Long, Zhang Jike and Fan Zhengdong? Really???

And this gets to the bottom line. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. If this is true it is amazing and cool. But if it is bullshit, it needs to be stopped. The burden of proof lies on the shoulders of the person making the extraordinary claim.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
My dear, you agreed that nobody complained about Chen products. Also you said and I QUOTE:
"But there are also people who have an inside contact and do have access to the real stuff. Suga D would know if what he got was real or fake and so would several other of the forum members who bought from Chen Chen. By the way, Suga D was also given a used, old sheet of National rubber from one of the pros. So he had one that could not be anything but legit to compare to the ones he got from Chen Chen."
So at this point i can only see that backthen you agreed with the idea that Chen products were not a problem. But suddenly all changed.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
My dear, you agreed that nobody complained about Chen products. Also you said and I QUOTE:
"But there are also people who have an inside contact and do have access to the real stuff. Suga D would know if what he got was real or fake and so would several other of the forum members who bought from Chen Chen. By the way, Suga D was also given a used, old sheet of National rubber from one of the pros. So he had one that could not be anything but legit to compare to the ones he got from Chen Chen."
So at this point i can only see that backthen you agreed with the idea that Chen products were not a problem. But suddenly all changed.

Indeed. And shortly after that I found out that Giang had been trying to research and insure his products are real and that Chen was giving him more than a bit of trouble.

I still maintain that when Chen and Giang work things out we will find that his source is good. And this was never intended to imply any different. Giang can simply provide a higher degree of reassurance than was previously the case.

And this problem should now resolve itself quickly because I am given to understand that Chen now seems to understand he needs to cooperate with Giang and sort out a way for Giang to understand that his source is authentic.

Chen Chen will be reinstated fairly shortly while Giang and Chen iron out the last of those details. But in that time when Chen was being uncooperative and was not understanding Giang's role and why Chen needed to communicate with Giang, the temporary ban has actually helped to move things along so they can work this out to everyone's satisfaction.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
There are many, many, many places where Chen Chen can sell stuff without being subject to these rules. People can work directly with him if they want. But if someone said he was selling Fan Zhendong's rubber, and people are saying he should be able to make that kind of claim without producing serious evidence, then I have a billion dollars waiting for you if you can deposit ten thousand dollars in my account.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If you somehow missed it and didn't realize that Chen Chen is no longer banned, he is no longer banned for the final steps he and Giang need to go through so that Gaing can be assured things are on the up and up.

Can TTDaily confirm 100% that the products and the claims he makes are all authentic? That was never the point. Giang will have a pretty good idea that Chen Chen is trustworthy. Hopefully this will be completed within the next day or two. The mod squad will have worked together to make the forum a little more safe.

Us moderators are here to help keep the forum a fun safe place. Baal's posts on this subject have been quite informative. If you are not sure why this was worthwhile, perhaps he and Giang can explain some stories about some of the sales stuff that have in point of fact, gone wrong that they have had to try and clean up after the fact. All Giang has actually been trying to do is to be reasonably reassured before the fact.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
If you somehow missed it and didn't realize that Chen Chen is no longer banned, he is no longer banned for the final steps he and Giang need to go through so that Gaing can be assured things are on the up and up.

Can TTDaily confirm 100% that the products and the claims he makes are all authentic? That was never the point. Giang will have a pretty good idea that Chen Chen is trustworthy. Hopefully this will be completed within the next day or two. The mod squad will have worked together to make the forum a little more safe.

Us moderators are here to help keep the forum a fun safe place. Baal's posts on this subject have been quite informative. If you are not sure why this was worthwhile, perhaps he and Giang can explain some stories about some of the sales stuff that have in point of fact, gone wrong that they have had to try and clean up after the fact. All Giang has actually been trying to do is to be reasonably reassured before the fact.

I am glad in many ways it seems Giangt has been able verify (or at least not put in doubt the authenticity of the DHS "national" products claims). I agree with Morv that UpsideDownCarl's fairly recent post above at least implicitly supported Chen Chen before all this happened, which as you can imagine is confusing for those TTD members who are not privy to the moderators discussions. However, this is obviously a dynamic matter but I think UpsideDownCarl has really spoken clearly on the good intent and the reasons for the "check".

Lets be glad with the outcome and hopefully lay this one to rest.

Reactions: Suga D
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
And yet I really wonder if you should lrt him continue to make his most extraordinary claim: that these rubbers are somehow diverted from the stocks intended for ML, ZJK, and FZD!!

He could call it National and specify hardness without a problem.

But you say that was never the point? Why not? If not, what was this all about? As we say in Texas, all hat and no cattle.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I was made aware of this situation shortly after the post you are referring to. I stand by what I said in that post. Based on buyer feedback we never were questioning Chen Chen's products as such. However, based on certain items and certain claims, and prices for the hard to acquire specialty items Giang felt it would be important to have a higher level of research done.

If I had been informed before I made that post, I would have said something more in lines with this:

"TTDaily has every reason to believe Chen Chen's sources are legitimate. However, due to the nature of some of the specialty products and the price tags associated with some of them, the TTDaily Equipment Sales Moderator, Giang T is trying to research the authenticity of Chen Chen's products and sources a little more thoroughly so that TTDaily can reasonably confirm that Chen Chen's products are what he claims them to be."

However, for whatever reason, as the inquiry was attempted, communication broke down and uncooperative behavior began to escalate.

Hopefully now Giang and Chen Chen will be able to iron out the final details within the next few days so TTDaily can say with confidence that we have done our best to research this issue to protect our forum members.

Whether you choose to buy products like "Ma Long's Personal H3" or "Viscaria with serial number starting with K like ZJK and FZD 685£" is a matter for the buyer. But at least we are trying to do our best to assure that what Chen sells is what he says it is.

Thank you all.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Here is my suggestion. Lock this thread.

Let Chen Chen start a new one. The new thread could eliminate the claim that this stuff for sale is from the personal stocks of these iconic players. (A frzh thread would be good for everyone).

OR if Chen Chen wants to continue that claim the first comment on the new thread should be from mods saying that TTD has been unable to authenticate that those blades and rubbers are from the personal stocks of top CNT players, and tnat members buy at their own risks and might want to be careful about believing extraordinary claims on the internet.

After that comments from buyers who are satisfied with their purchases will appear and Chen Chen will continue to provide his knowledge of DHS products,

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
Here is my suggestion. Lock this thread.

Let Chen Chen start a new one. The new thread could eliminate the claim that this stuff for sale is from the personal stocks of these iconic players. (A frzh thread would be good for everyone).

OR if Chen Chen wants to continue that claim the first comment on the new thread should be from mods saying that TTD has been unable to authenticate that those blades and rubbers are from the personal stocks of top CNT players, and tnat members buy at their own risks and might want to be careful about believing extraordinary claims on the internet.

After that comments from buyers who are satisfied with their purchases will appear and Chen Chen will continue to provide his knowledge of DHS products,

I think starting a new thread is definitely a good idea. This thread has been non-intentionally "hi-jacked" and quite controversial and will not be good as a business thread for Chen Chen.

So without disclosing any private information about Chen Chen's source or for that matter Giangt's CNT sources, how happy is Giangt with the authenticity of Chen Chen's products? On this account it would be nice if we have a short paragraph from Giangt when he is ready.

If he could be fairly certain then I think start a new thread and simply state that Giangt has done his research and to the best of his ability Giangt "confirms" the authenticity. Similar appropriate comments should follow if Giangt was "unable to draw any conclusions either way" or "is quite certain these products are not what Chen Chen claims". A brief disclaimer at the end that any buyer purchases these products at their own discretion should suffice.

I imagine that since Chen Chen is no longer banned from TTD, Giangt's research so far is either positive or was unable to authenticate Chen Chen's "national DHS" items

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.