Asian Cup 2016

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
The 2016 Asian Cup has commenced in Dubai this week from the 28th April and concludes on the 30th April.

Live streaming: Day 2

Main Draw

Men's Singles
Women's Singles

Match schedule for Day 2

Live streaming coming soon...

China's Xu Xin, the World #3 has entered the Asian Cup as the #1 seed.

xuxin2016asiancup.jpg

Xu Xin no.1 seed - Photo by: ITTF Flickr

Men's Singles Seeds

01) Xu Xin
02) Zhang Jike
03) Chuang Chih Yuan
04) Jun Mizutani
05) Wong Chun Ting
06) Jung Youngsik
07) Lee Sangsi
08) Yuya Oshima
09) Gao Ning
10) Ho Kwan Kit

Women Singles Seeds

liushiwen2016.jpg

China's Liu Shiwen enters the Polish Open as the #1 seed - Photo by: Xinhua/Nikku

01) Liu Shiwen
02) Li Xiaoxia
03) Feng Tianwei
04) Ito Mima
05) Haeun Yang
06) Miu Hirano
07) Tie Yana
08) Yu Mengyu
09) Chen Szu-Yu
10) Jaing Huajun

For full player entries click here.

The Asian Cup is led by Xu Xin in the men's and Liu Shiwen in the Women's Event. With the Rio Olympic Qualifications fast approaching players are in full preparation for the upcoming Games. Xu Xin leads the men's singles followed closely by Zhang Jike, Chuang Chih Yuan, Jun Mizutani of Japan and Wong Chun Ting of hong Kong. In the women's singles Liu Shiwen leads the seedings followed closely by Li Xiaoxia, Feng Tianwei, Ito Mima, and Haeun*Yang. Will anyone eliminate the top 4 seeds reaching the semi finals?

A fantastic event to follow, be sure to get involved on the TTD discussions!

We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacuar Polish Open! What are your predictions from each event.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
It is interesting that CNT sends Zhang Jike and Xu Xin to the competetion. Are they deciding on the second spot?

These are my thoughts exactly, I'm hoping ZJK puts in a good performance!

So far he has won 3-0, 3-0 - hopefully he can maintain this!!

Who would you prefer to win?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Seems like the penhold grip is getting less and less popular..
Any results?
I saw Ito Mima being 2 games each with Feng Tianwei, but didnt catch the end of the final game..
I saw now Xu Xin won some match 3:1 against some Chang Hung Chieh or somewhat like that, lol..

Where it will be live on youtube?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews

Day 2 streaming will start in about 6 hours.

Although I personally love to see XX win and go to Rio to play single, but unless ZJK is seriously ill, the fight between ML and ZJK is too epic to miss. After all it is Grand Slam history in the making.

This user has no status.
I hope i can get ready quick so i can go there before XX game, i have about 1 hour and a half, not sure if i can make it to there as i will leave in about 1 hour or 50 minutes at least.

At least i may have a chance to catch Jun Miz. game, i like this player too, but let's see what i can catch, and i will stay there maybe until around 15:15 as i will go to another place to play table tennis that they will start at 16:00, hope i can enjoy watching any of this Asian Cup games.

By the way, now i am watching live on TV with our local channel the game of Liu Shiwen, but need to have a quick shower, lol.

This user has no status.
Seems like the penhold grip is getting less and less popular..
Any results?
I saw Ito Mima being 2 games each with Feng Tianwei, but didnt catch the end of the final game..
I saw now Xu Xin won some match 3:1 against some Chang Hung Chieh or somewhat like that, lol..

You can find it by searching "Asian Cup 2016 ITTF" and you should see it there.

It is on the ITTF Channel.

Hope this helps!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
Does anybody know whether the winner of this tournament is going to qualify for the Olympics? I thought Fan Zhendong, being number 2 in the world after Ma Long, would automatically qualify. Interesting how Olympics rules change every time. Sad we won't get to see all the top 4 chinese players compete at the olympics.

This user has no status.
Does anybody know whether the winner of this tournament is going to qualify for the Olympics? I thought Fan Zhendong, being number 2 in the world after Ma Long, would automatically qualify. Interesting how Olympics rules change every time. Sad we won't get to see all the top 4 chinese players compete at the olympics.

Honestly speaking, i didn't watch Olympics 2008[in China] or 2012[in UK], not table tennis though, so i really don't care if China will have 1-2 players or 10, at the end it is China no doubt, who will be just wait and see.