Asian Cup 2016

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
I'm really curious who will be n.2 single player for china at rio. ZFD vs XX i guess.

I'm really curious who will be n.2 single player for china at rio. ZFD vs XX i guess.

I think LGL deems FZD too inexperienced to take such a huge title + he is so young that he will have more chances at taking the olympic gold. My impression is that China really wants to send ZJK for the possibilty of a double grand slam, he does seem to excel in the big events, but he doesn't seem in top shape. So my hypothesis is that if they don't send ZJK they will send XX, with Ma Long being the given.

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
I think LGL deems FZD too inexperienced to take such a huge title + he is so young that he will have more chances at taking the olympic gold. My impression is that China really wants to send ZJK for the possibilty of a double grand slam, he does seem to excel in the big events, but he doesn't seem in top shape. So my hypothesis is that if they don't send ZJK they will send XX, with Ma Long being the given.

That would be really unfair for XX though as he just won against ZJK.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I was there, not that much good atmosphere, but better than some competitions where you see it nearly empty from audience or people, not sure i will attend again if another TT tournament will be in Dubai, not worthy, and good i just attended only the finals, no need to waste time on another games, even i didn't watch that 3rd/4th men singles game when i arrived in the middle of the game.

Good luck for another asian countries rather than China in table tennis events.

Reactions: TTHopeful
All Videos are Created by myself in HD exclusively for the ITTF!

Quarter Finals:

Liu Shiwen vs Mima Ito

Feng Tianwei vs Miu Hirano

Xu Xin vs Lee Sangsu

Jun Mizutani vs Wong Chun Ting

Semi Finals:

Liu Shiwen vs Tie Yana

Li Xiaoxia vs Feng tianwei

Xu Xin vs Gao Ning

Zhang Jike vs Wong Chun Ting

Stay Tuned for the 3rd Place Matches and the Finals who comes up later today!