League season done, it's EJ time!

says Aging is a killer
No more wondering how such and such a rubber plays with a certain blade. It's time to experiment. I've tried a medium pimple and the Juic anti but needed too much adjustment so can't be bothered. I like the Gambler reflectoid a lot. It's very slow but the big USP is how well it blocks. It's the world's best blocking rubber...until someone disagress. But seriously, whatever the incoming speed or spin the ball just sucks on to the bat. On the negative side, opponents easily attack whatever I put on the ball. Anyway here's my experimental list for the next few weeks,
1 Victas Koji-Matsushita off
with MX-P and Reflectoid. the blade is heavy at around 95g but the light Reflectoid balances it to total 193g
2 OSP Expert
with T05/Reflectoid. Nice control but the sweet spot on the blade is quite small with the middle being very slow. This is a help for defensive play.
3 Nittaku Runlox-5
with T05 / Yinhe Moon max tense. The moon is 2-3 years old but hardly used. I guess the punch is gone but we'll see
4 Darker Esteem
with T05 / T25FX / Reflectoid. The T05/T25FX was my main bat this season as you can see from the chipped T05. But I did have problems at crucial times this season when trying to block very fast spinny loops. My return tended to go off the table. Yes, I could try changing bat angle and/or countering the return. But I've put Reflectoid on the back to see if it works with a really fast blade. A very light combo at <170g.
5 Darker Esteem
with Globe 999 / T25FX. I bought a 2nd Esteem because the other had split (now repaired using Chair doctor glue). This combo is my naughty bat as I have boosted the G999. I was curious to see what all the fuss is about regarding boosted Chinese rubbers.

I have a tournament in Wednesbury tomorrow. I'll have a practice at the club tonight to choose what I'll use tomorrow.

Here they are as group

Attachments

• 2016-04-29 16.30.44 (2)_5 bats.jpg
    2016-04-29 16.30.44 (2)_5 bats.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Hahaha :D
Great. Same goes for me.
Season's over - testing time has come. :)
Nice collection, Tinykin.
You seem to like the Esteem. Byhow much would you say does the chair doctor glue affect the playing characteristics? Just askin' 'cause that might be an option for a teammate's old blade too then.
Enjoy your tournament.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
If not now, when else? ;)

But seriously, testing around with equipment is not really recommendable during the season.
In a close match that might cost you those two extra points, you might need to make the difference, that you would've probably scored if you would've played with equipment you're more familiar with.
So testing around after the season makes a little more sense IMHO.