new glue (cement)

This user has no status.
I used to skate to that song all the time:

This is me in competition:

04863b1fac656a60aaa0f53b1b48c424.jpg

1324cdd2a4f2e8f02a60aa5e9e6bf4ab.jpg

That is back in 1995.

This is awesome, I love when TT players have another hobby that people typically see as badass. My band loves to make me sing these guys' music and it just kills me, I have no idea how he can belt closed vowels (e and o sounds) the way he does. For me, that just makes my vocal cords bleed. Haha

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Feb 2016
skating sounds extreme for the bones.
did you have any big injury doing it?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
skating sounds extreme for the bones.
did you have any big injury doing it?

Lots of minor bangs. As you get better, you learn how to fall softly. The ramp is a curved surface like a slide. It still hurts to land "softly" from 25 feet in the air. But there was more dings and bangs than major injury. The larger injuries were, I broke my hand in 5 places doing something simple and small. And I did a partial dislocation of my left hip landing wrong on a hand plant back flip, which hurt like hell and took a lot to make mostly better. Still a bit wonky 20+ years later but.... The thing that actually had the longest impact is, when I would fall out of a trick because I knew I had messed up, I would land on my right hip "softly" to slide out of it. And my right hip has a decent deal of arthritis from that. That bothers me more than any of the other injuries.

On a skateboard, when you bail, you kick the board away from you and use your knee-pads to break the fall. On in-line skates, the skates are in the way. So sliding on my hip actually was safer than using the knee-pads. Or, at least that is how I felt at the time. [emoji2]

BTW: @ theknife: ramp skating was a hobby for me. But I also got paid for it and did it full time. So, it was also a profession. I did stuff like that for 2 years touring the USA with Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Circus. Weird as hell.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
As far as that glue: here is information on the composition of rubber cement.

From this page:

==

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubber_cement

Rubber cement is simply a mixture of solid rubber in a volatile solvent that will dissolve it. When the cement is applied, the solvent evaporates, leaving the rubber as the adhesive. Almost any rubber (pre-vulcanized or not) can be used. [1] The rubbers used might be natural rubber, gum mastic or gum arabic. Early solvents used included chloroform and benzene. [2] In the United States of America, current formulations include n-heptane. In the UK, a product called Marabu-Fixogum uses acetone.

Special compositionsEdit
Many compositions have included hardeners and/or vulcanizing agents designed to improve the cohesion of the rubber. [3]

==

If the glue you got has a similar composition and looks and reacts like rubber cement, you can use it. But it will expand your sponge for a few days.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
strange.
it worked fine with the desto f1 but it almost destroyed the tenergy 64.
I think the hard sponge of desto is what protected it.
I'm gonna have to find a thinner or a different glue, I can't use this as it is.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
still hard to understand that you were not a skater but an inline skater....
you must have been looked down by real skaters as an inline skater.
why not go for the real thing? classical skate?
there's got to be a bigger market for that, more sponsors.
how close were you from participating in xgames?

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Why not play tennis instead on Table Tennis ? More participants,more tournaments.More sponsors.:rolleyes:

if you want to make a career out of it then of course.
but the people who are talented at tt are not necessarily talented at tennis.
maybe it's a bit easier to make it to the top in tt because it's a smaller sport, less competition.