players who win by "oficio"

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Feb 2016
share videos of players who win not by machine ma long style but by serves, pushing, hiding spin, disrupting the game in different ways.
these players need to use inverted both sides.
they not need to be pros but are probably good in order to make all this tricks.

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
share videos of players who win not by machine ma long style but by serves, pushing, hiding spin, disrupting the game in different ways.
these players need to use inverted both sides:.
they not need to be pros but are probably good in order to make all this tricks.

I think you're aware of the storm that comments like this cause. But if you really think everyone should play only with inverted rubbers and only use an attacking style with no 'tricks' - then you should go and play hardbat or tennis/squash or something. Table tennis is about variety, adaptability, creativeity - and using different equipment and different tactical approaches makes it the great game it is

Last edited:
This user has no status.
D_Nizzle, I think you misunderstood kuka here. He wants to see videos of people that are good because they have a lot of tricks up their sleeve, not because they're robotic attackers like Ma Long and FZD. He probably wants to see double inverted to avoid seeing people that rely on pips to generate tricky shots. Just wanna stop the shitestorm before it happens :p

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
D_Nozzle, I think you misunderstood kuka here. He wants to see videos of people that are good because they have a lot of tricks up their sleeve, not because they're robotic attackers like Ma Long and FZD. He probably wants to see double inverted to avoid seeing people that rely on pips to generate tricky shots. Just wanna stop the shitestorm before it happens :p

correct.
most players you meet are robot type.
there are players who if they can will play a more freestyle game.
I think adam bobrow sort of tries to do this but he just lobs too much and gives in the table.
I want to let out pips players because they are tricky or deceptive because of the rubber, not because of themselves.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Ok - fair enough. Apologies if so! I think it didn't help that an intended smiley in the original post didn't work out. Still, though, I don't like the idea of posting videos of players seemingly winning because of 'cheap points' with the assumption that they would be beaten if they played with inverted. It doesn't sit well with me ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
I wouldn't say they're cheap points, if someone outsmarts me and has the touch to disguise spin, they earned that point. Xu Xin is a good example some of the times with his below the table shots. Vladi too, in my opinion.

I think in those levels players are too slick and it's hard to fool them.
But in lower levels it's possible.
I had this happen to me sometimes but most players don't play this type of game.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
these players need to use inverted both sides.

I think this qualifies (shamelessly stolen from mytt):

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
I just realized the videos that could fit here are the same videos that could fit the pro vs 2143 thread.
so please remove this thread immediately.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
shots that qualify as oficio are:
-all kinds of deceptive serves
-varying degrees of spin in the pushes which confuse opponent
-no spin loop sometimes and super spin loop other times
-chop block
-those lobs that go to one side and confuse opponent thinking they go to the other side
-looking to one side and hitting to the other side
-after several smashes just leaving the ball short like waldner style

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
shots that qualify as oficio are:
-all kinds of deceptive serves
-varying degrees of spin in the pushes which confuse opponent
-no spin loop sometimes and super spin loop other times
-chop block
-those lobs that go to one side and confuse opponent thinking they go to the other side
-looking to one side and hitting to the other side
-after several smashes just leaving the ball short like waldner style
Ma Lin around 2007-2013 comes to mind. seriously.

Reactions: brabhamista