Bh RPB rubber (aurus Soft, Jp-03, Adidas P7 etc)

says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
I'm back on the bh rubber questions lol. Tibhar Aurus Soft did pretty good. It's nice on blocks and not too chabby on other things either.
But I would prefer a rubber with a more similar feel to Jp-03 or Evolution El-P/FX-P'ish (though I have only tried MX-P and S).
Figured I don't prefer the old gen type feel (Adidas P7 also goes in this category, + even harder sponge),
at least not on this blade. (Koto-ayous-fiber glass- ayous-koto)

But I still need something Light, Jp-03 and Tibhar Evolution (EL-P or FX-P) is too heavy I believe.
And I don't really want to guess estimate a rubber from tt db either lol.
I like my batts weight atm. So Would anyone have sugestions? could possibly be slightly harder sponge than jp-03. But, I want the tensor'ish feel.
While similar control to Jp-03 but not much slower.. Hard to pinpoint describe a thought.
but, if anyone can think of a rubber that is close to defined like this, that would be nice.

NB: I'd also prefer it to not be too expensive. I'd preferably stay away from Butterfly.

Scraping together some candidates I found: Caliba tour M/s, TSP Agrit, focus 3 snipe, donic coppa silver x3 or x2 etc
Calibra Tour M or S might be the best candidates so far.
But I have no idea about how either of the mentioned feels. Compared to the rubber's I've tried. I bet some of them feels more like Aurus/p7 as well.
So I need help identifying.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
A friend of mine is doing almost the same thing as you at the moment - looking for a RPB rubber (although he's JPEN), and has previously used Aurus Sound. So pretty close! And he is also bothered by the weight.

Right now he's deciding between Acuda Blue P2 and Victas VS>402 Limber. Both pretty light rubbers. The Acuda is lower throw than the Aurus (and JP03) but with rock solid control and good top end speed. The Victas is softer with more catapult but grabs the ball incredibly well and has a higher arc than the Acuda, bit slower, less linear.

Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
I know EL-P and FX-P should be lighter, but, I don't think they will be light enough. Tibhar Aurus soft is quiet a bit lighter I'd guess. and I'm not getting thinner than 2mm... On the other hand, I failed to notice Acuda Blue P2 was lightweight.
I did for a while COnsider Acuda S1 Turbo for my fh. But settled down with Evolution MX-P (after now testing MX-S I will be going back to MX-P, because loops 2m+ away from table, blocks and lobbs are imo better with MX-P, although I loved the throw angle MX-S had, when I did not step too far away from the table...).
Thanks Andy, I'll be trying the Acuda P2 next time I order. :D I think i'll be able to adjust to the throw angle. If not.. I'll revive this thread lol.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I'm also in a similar position in that I'm looking for rubber that is light, soft, spinny but not too slow and with reasonable control. I've had some good recommendations from on this board plus reviews and I've looked at stats from the tabletennis database, Bribar and Tees Sports (for what they are worth, especially as sometimes they contradict each other!). I'm down to a shortlist of TSP Ventus Soft (Weight(W)=2.0, Hardness(H)=0.8, Price(P)=£31.99) and Tibhar 5Q Sound Power Update (W=3.6, H=3.0, P=£35.75) for my B/H and TSP Agrit (W=2.0, H=3.0, P=£24.99), Tibhar Aurus Sound (W=3.7, H=2.2, P=£23.99) , TSP Ventus Spin (W=3.6, H=3.8, P=£23.00) and Tibhar 5Q Sound Power Update for my F/H.

Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
I'm also in a similar position in that I'm looking for rubber that is light, soft, spinny but not too slow and with reasonable control. I've had some good recommendations from on this board plus reviews and I've looked at stats from the tabletennis database, Bribar and Tees Sports (for what they are worth, especially as sometimes they contradict each other!). I'm down to a shortlist of TSP Ventus Soft (Weight(W)=2.0, Hardness(H)=0.8, Price(P)=£31.99) and Tibhar 5Q Sound Power Update (W=3.6, H=3.0, P=£35.75) for my B/H and TSP Agrit (W=2.0, H=3.0, P=£24.99), Tibhar Aurus Sound (W=3.7, H=2.2, P=£23.99) , TSP Ventus Spin (W=3.6, H=3.8, P=£23.00) and Tibhar 5Q Sound Power Update for my F/H.

Those does seem like good alternatives as well. Though I fear the feeling of most of them will not be acurate for my preference. (As several of those are older generation) + I have a decent idea of how Acuda Blue P2 will feel since I've been into Blue fire jp before. (Jp 03 was actually the bh rubber I had the most success with, in terms of getting in bh flick/loops on the table, but a bit on the heavy side) and read a bit on Blue fire vs Acuda.
If that fails I think I'll turn to Calibra Tour M. But stomach feel tells me I'll love it :v

Sent fra min SM-G901F via Tapatalk