Zhang Jike or Xu Xin will Play Singles - Rio Olympics 2016!

says Thank you for your all interest. Please email me at...
Oct 2015
Just read news, CCTV reported: Liu Guoliang said that Zhangjike more likely will play the men's single with Ma Long at the olympics, XuXin will play the team match and Fan Zhendong will join them as cheerleader this time.

Here is the link below:

http://sports.qq.com/a/20160506/024432.htm

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
I can't see any information about "Liu Guoliang said that Zhangjike more likely will play the men's single with Ma Long at the Olympics, ..." from that qq report! It's all CCAV's speculation!

Last edited:
Oct 2015
I can't see any information about "Liu Guoliang said that Zhangjike more likely will play the men's single with Ma Long at the Olympics, ..." from that qq report! It's all CCAV's speculation!

Ops... I think you are right. Read too fast earlier, probably it will be the truth though

Oct 2015
Thinking that I will believe that. For a long term plan, too many good players in china and the whole team has already been thinking olympics in Japan. For zhangjike himself, it might be his last one. Can't see he will play any longer in the future with his bad back and shoulder injury. Hope he can play to be fair.

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Well this is what I got by mail from ITTF today..

The nervous wait for 22 male and 22 female table tennis players is over, as the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) released the list of players who have qualified for the Rio 2016 Olympic Games through the ITTF Olympic Singles Ranking, published on Thursday 5th May 2016.
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The ITTF Olympic Singles Ranking takes into account the players who competed in the continental qualifications tournaments but did not secure yet their places for Rio de Janeiro. The fact that only two athletes per National Olympic Committee are eligible for each of the Men's Singles and Women's Singles events added further intrigue to who will get the world ranking spots.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The next step for these 22 male and 22 female players will be to get approval from their National Olympic Committees by 20 May, and the final list could well be slightly different, depending on the NOC confirmation of the strongest table tennis nations who have more than 2 eligible players in top positions on the ranking.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The reigning world champion, MA Long and the reigning Olympic champion, LI Xiaoxia are the players who have secured their places in the respective Men's Singles and Women's Singles events in Rio de Janeiro by winning the ITTF-Asia Olympic Qualification Tournament in Hong Kong earlier.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The Chinese National Olympic Committee has approved their participation, thus for China, one place remains in each discipline. On the ITTF Olympic Singles Ranking, FAN Zhendong is the highest ranked male player while LIU Shiwen heads the Women's list. They will receive the invitations to compete in Rio.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]If none of them is accepted, the next in line would be XU Xin, followed by ZHANG Jike for the men, and DING Ning followed by ZHU Yuling for women.[/FONT]

<tbody>
</tbody>

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Jike may have more chance than xuxin. Judging from Chinese politian's point of view, if jike wins the title, China has the first player who wins the grand slam twice! If Malong wins, China has a new grand slam winner! If xuxin wins the title, just a new table tennis Olympic champion. Nothing new and exciting for them. Especially for their (say, web liu and Zhenhua cai) future promotion.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
What does "If none of them is accepted" mean , does it mean that ITTF will invite them by default and then Chinese National Olympic committee has to accept , if they don't then they will invite the next players and again Chinese National Olympic committee has the option to accept or reject ?

Well this is what I got by mail from ITTF today..

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Feb 2016
even if he's been out of form lately he's the only active chinese player to win twice world championships and once olympics.
so my guess is they would even cut ma long to send him if they had to.