Back to Forum
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. Hridoy is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 24 46
    Hridoy's Avatar
    Hridoy is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 46 24
    #1

    Need Suggestion for DHS H3 NEO

    Hello good people, I am Hridoy from Bangladesh. Currently my equipment setup is XIOM Stradivarius with DHS H3 Neo(FH) & XIOM Vega Pro(BH). The problem is when I try play close table forehand loop against chop or backspin, it's very difficult to play with the H3 Neo. On the other hand, when I play with the XIOM Vega Pro it's easy and smooth. I am an amature player & it's my first bat. Using the rubbers I see the Vega pro is faster and more spinny than H3 neo. In our country, most of the player using non chinese rubbers so they have no idea about the chinese rubbers.

    What should I do now ? Please give me your valuable suggestions.

    Thanks.
    Hustle and Hit and Never Quit

  2. Boogar is offline
    says Spin for the win!
     
    Senior TTD Member 1,330 969
    Boogar's Avatar
    Boogar is offline
    says Spin for the win!
     
    Senior TTD Member 969 1,330
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Hridoy
    Hello good people, I am Hridoy from Bangladesh. Currently my equipment setup is XIOM Stradivarius with DHS H3 Neo(FH) & XIOM Vega Pro(BH). The problem is when I try play close table forehand loop against chop or backspin, it's very difficult to play with the H3 Neo. On the other hand, when I play with the XIOM Vega Pro it's easy and smooth. I am an amature player & it's my first bat. Using the rubbers I see the Vega pro is faster and more spinny than H3 neo. In our country, most of the player using non chinese rubbers so they have no idea about the chinese rubbers.

    What should I do now ? Please give me your valuable suggestions.

    Thanks.
    Hey there

    I use the same setup as you except for the wood. I also have problems with close table forehands. However i think its a skill thing, you need to play faster and use more force generated from your hip and feet.

    Aside from that i also think that Vega pro on the forehand is easier to play.
    I am going to try out the rakza x soon and let you know how its feels

    Cheers

  3. thekleifheit13 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 380 474
    T
    thekleifheit13 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 474 380
    #3
    The H3N is actually disgustingly spinny once you learn how to take advantage of it. Boogar is spot on too, you need to generate upward force from your legs and rotate your shoulders. Once you do that it's very easy to lift underspin with it

    The Following User Likes thekleifheit13's Post:

    Cornel


  4. NextLevel is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 13,691 9,294
    N
    NextLevel is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 9,294 13,691

    User Info Menu

    #4
    Most people who use Chinese rubber on the forehand but don't train hard every day are making a big mistake. The advantages of boosted Chinese rubber subtly show up in advanced play. Most club players would do far better with an Euro rubber , whether regular or hard sponged. Tack actually reduces spin. It is its ability to grap the ball that makes it suited for close to the table play and the short game, but those are advanced play features and don't make up for the other times at the lower level when you need to hit a easy spinny loop past the opponent or at the opponent with less effort.

    The Following 3 Users Like NextLevel's Post:

    Archosaurus, Hridoy and 1 other


  5. UpSideDownCarl is offline
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin
     
    Super Moderator 16,678 15,253
    UpSideDownCarl's Avatar
    UpSideDownCarl is offline
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin
     
    Super Moderator 15,253 16,678
    #5
    Yep. Listen to NextLevel. He has given the sane advice.

    From my perspective, if you don't know how to boost H3 and you are having the issues you are having with it, and your technique is not pretty high level, then go get yourself a rubber you want on your FH. Just because the top CNT players use H3 does not mean what they are using is anything like what you are using because they boost the hell out of it. Vega Pro on both sides would work pretty well.

    The Following User Likes UpSideDownCarl's Post:

    Hridoy

    Setup 1: Blade by Nate: Vortex Spin Machine, FH Evolution MX-K, BH Evolution FX-P
    Setup 2: OSP Virtuoso Plus, FH Rasanter R 48, BH Rasanter R 48
    Spin is Everything

  6. laistrogian is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 387 646
    L
    laistrogian is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 646 387

    User Info Menu

    #6
    Just like what NextLevel said, chinese rubbers in general aren't easy to use and since you're probably starting up, unless you have a coach that could guide you, learning how to use hurricane can be quite frustrating. You could always get another vega pro if you like the rubber since in general european rubbers are easier to use when you're out of position

    If you're someone who just started playing (less than 6 months), I'd suggest you to keep the stradivarius in shelf and probably get a slower 5 ply all wood blade. I really don't recommend arylate blade for beginners because it doesn't produce any feeling in touch games

    The Following 2 Users Like laistrogian's Post:

    Hridoy and NextLevel


  7. anchorschmidt is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 696 651
    A
    anchorschmidt is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 651 696

    User Info Menu

    #7
    I actually like semi-tacky rubbers like Palio Amigo for example. They are not as unforgiving as the Hurricane series and it's really easy to grip the ball. Looping anything over the table is quite easy and reliable. Blocking is also very easy.

    However, half-distance play is much harder and smashing and flat-hitting is quite difficult.

    The Following 2 Users Like anchorschmidt's Post:

    Hridoy and NextLevel


  8. Hridoy is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 24 46
    Hridoy's Avatar
    Hridoy is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 46 24
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogar
    Hey there

    I use the same setup as you except for the wood. I also have problems with close table forehands. However i think its a skill thing, you need to play faster and use more force generated from your hip and feet.

    Aside from that i also think that Vega pro on the forehand is easier to play.
    I am going to try out the rakza x soon and let you know how its feels

    Cheers
    Thanks for your opinion. I am also thinking I should go for Rakza 7 or Rakza 7 Soft. Please share your feels after using rakza x.

    Cheers
    Hustle and Hit and Never Quit

  9. Jabugo is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 105 99
    J
    Jabugo is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 99 105
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Hridoy
    Hello good people, I am Hridoy from Bangladesh. Currently my equipment setup is XIOM Stradivarius with DHS H3 Neo(FH) & XIOM Vega Pro(BH). The problem is when I try play close table forehand loop against chop or backspin, it's very difficult to play with the H3 Neo. On the other hand, when I play with the XIOM Vega Pro it's easy and smooth. I am an amature player & it's my first bat. Using the rubbers I see the Vega pro is faster and more spinny than H3 neo. In our country, most of the player using non chinese rubbers so they have no idea about the chinese rubbers.

    What should I do now ? Please give me your valuable suggestions.

    Thanks.
    I agree to a certain extent with NextLevel, et al., because you mentioned that most of the players you are playing are not using Chinese rubber. Generally, when you are learning, it's better to be using similar equipment to the people you are learning from so that the strokes you learn translate properly.

    But I do not agree that just any beginner should forego H3neo outright. My friend is getting coached by a Chinese coach at ICC (the same place Lily Zhang, US Olympian, is training at). He's a total beginner who just started last fall, and in his mid 50s (age), and he is doing very very well now with a solid forehand and backhand drive and push strokes. His loop drives are consistent and powerful from mid distance. He has played injury free for the past 6 months. His setup is a simple Joola Carbon blade with H3Neo 39 deg forehand and H3Neo 38 deg backhand (all provincial rubber) provided by his coach. When his coach is drilling for competition, she hits with incredible speed and spin and uses amazing footwork. I have tried my friend's blade, and I find it feels dead with little catapult compared to my own speed glued H3. So I believe it's possible to use H3neo (unboosted) effectively if you have the proper coach who also uses it, and teaches you the proper techniques.

    The Following User Likes Jabugo's Post:

    Hridoy


  10. Hridoy is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 24 46
    Hridoy's Avatar
    Hridoy is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 46 24
    #10
    Thanks NextLevel UpSideDownCarl laistrogian anchorschmidt & Jabugo.
    Now I get it. As far as I know, there is no opportunity for boost rubbers in my country and no other players or coaches don't know how to deal with chinese rubbers. So, I think I should change my rubber. I want to go for Rakza 7 or Rakza 7 Soft. Is it too advance for me or I should go for another Vega Pro?
    Hustle and Hit and Never Quit

  11. Nicolas Alvarez is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 4 26
    Nicolas Alvarez's Avatar
    Nicolas Alvarez is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 26 4

    User Info Menu


    Apr 2016
    26
    4
    120
    Read 0 Reviews
    #11
    If you are learning to play and developing the strokes h3 won't do any good to you, get a slow set up and develop your game first with medium or soft rubbers non-tacky which are more forgiving than H3

    The Following User Likes Nicolas Alvarez's Post:

    Hridoy


  12. anchorschmidt is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 696 651
    A
    anchorschmidt is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 651 696

    User Info Menu

    #12
    I'm actually using Vega Pro and Vega Japan at the moment and I really like the Vega Japan. A bit softer than the Pro and it is not as grippy as Tenergy, which means that it's not as unforgiving if you miscalculate the spin. If you are used to Pro, then you can keep on using it. I like it as well. It is probably too hard for a beginner's backhand though. I'm currently using it on my backhand and my backhand stroke is quite complete technique-wise but I cannot imagine using anything even slightly harder on my backhand.

    The Following User Likes anchorschmidt's Post:

    Hridoy


  13. NextLevel is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 13,691 9,294
    N
    NextLevel is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 9,294 13,691

    User Info Menu

    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabugo
    I agree to a certain extent with NextLevel, et al., because you mentioned that most of the players you are playing are not using Chinese rubber. Generally, when you are learning, it's better to be using similar equipment to the people you are learning from so that the strokes you learn translate properly.

    But I do not agree that just any beginner should forego H3neo outright. My friend is getting coached by a Chinese coach at ICC (the same place Lily Zhang, US Olympian, is training at). He's a total beginner who just started last fall, and in his mid 50s (age), and he is doing very very well now with a solid forehand and backhand drive and push strokes. His loop drives are consistent and powerful from mid distance. He has played injury free for the past 6 months. His setup is a simple Joola Carbon blade with H3Neo 39 deg forehand and H3Neo 38 deg backhand (all provincial rubber) provided by his coach. When his coach is drilling for competition, she hits with incredible speed and spin and uses amazing footwork. I have tried my friend's blade, and I find it feels dead with little catapult compared to my own speed glued H3. So I believe it's possible to use H3neo (unboosted) effectively if you have the proper coach who also uses it, and teaches you the proper techniques.
    OP can use H3 Neo effectively. I can use H3 Neo effectively. 1200 Rated Knife (his nickname) has commented on how much he likes H3 Neo. And H3 Neo is not traditional Hurricane either.

    Using it effectively is not the same thing as saying that it is what you should be using or it is optimal for you or that your preferred technique is suited for it, or there aren't other rubbers that can support such technique easily. Optimal is a dangerous word when speaking about TT equipment, but I would be very surprised if your friend, unless he developed a very strong short game with H3Neo, got to a higher level of play and didn't see the benefits in switching to something else. In TT, everything is trade offs, and the real strengths of H3 are high power strokes that do not bottom out and decent short game linearity. Neither of those things are very valuable to beginners. What is usually valuable to beginners is easy spin and speed and those things are easier with other rubbers.

    When we coach, we often coach for how we want the student to play when their game is complete, not how they play today. So yes, even kids can use H3 as they are being trained for their tomorrow game. But if someone asked me where to go with their game given my experiences and knowledge, at the levels most of us play, there is no real benefit in H3 other than personal preference once a person has solid strokes.
    Cobra Kai TT Exponent - No mercy in this dojo, no matter your rating or the score. All spin, no power or footwork.

    "We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

  14. TT4Life is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 377 754
    TT4Life's Avatar
    TT4Life is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 754 377
    #14
    U PUT IN WHAT YOU PUT OUT, SO PUT IN AS MUCH AS YOU CAN IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING LOLZ
    Spare weapon Ma Long personal blade W968 (FH) Neo Hurricane 3 Blue Sponge Tuned (BH) Tenergy 64

  15. Jabugo is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 105 99
    J
    Jabugo is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 99 105
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by NextLevel
    OP can use H3 Neo effectively. I can use H3 Neo effectively. 1200 Rated Knife (his nickname) has commented on how much he likes H3 Neo. And H3 Neo is not traditional Hurricane either.

    Using it effectively is not the same thing as saying that it is what you should be using or it is optimal for you or that your preferred technique is suited for it, or there aren't other rubbers that can support such technique easily. Optimal is a dangerous word when speaking about TT equipment, but I would be very surprised if your friend, unless he developed a very strong short game with H3Neo, got to a higher level of play and didn't see the benefits in switching to something else. In TT, everything is trade offs, and the real strengths of H3 are high power strokes that do not bottom out and decent short game linearity. Neither of those things are very valuable to beginners. What is usually valuable to beginners is easy spin and speed and those things are easier with other rubbers.

    When we coach, we often coach for how we want the student to play when their game is complete, not how they play today. So yes, even kids can use H3 as they are being trained for their tomorrow game. But if someone asked me where to go with their game given my experiences and knowledge, at the levels most of us play, there is no real benefit in H3 other than personal preference once a person has solid strokes.

    I see what you're saying. My friend's coach and her colleagues do play with very high powered strokes where as you say H3 neo works well for their style. But for my friend, it may not be the case for him since he's a beginner. It might benefit him to explore some other types of rubber that might facilitate his learning more easily. In other words, he might be at an even higher level now if not hindered by H3 neo. Thank you for your insight.

    The Following User Likes Jabugo's Post:

    NextLevel


  16. laistrogian is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 387 646
    L
    laistrogian is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 646 387

    User Info Menu

    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Hridoy
    Thanks NextLevel UpSideDownCarl laistrogian anchorschmidt & Jabugo.
    Now I get it. As far as I know, there is no opportunity for boost rubbers in my country and no other players or coaches don't know how to deal with chinese rubbers. So, I think I should change my rubber. I want to go for Rakza 7 or Rakza 7 Soft. Is it too advance for me or I should go for another Vega Pro?
    I've never really tried R7 or R7 Soft but you could always go with another vega pro. I probably could recommend evolution MX-P but given the fact stradivarius is a touch-and-go blade, I don't know if you will like a setup that fast

  17. NextLevel is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 13,691 9,294
    N
    NextLevel is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 9,294 13,691

    User Info Menu

    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabugo
    I see what you're saying. My friend's coach and her colleagues do play with very high powered strokes where as you say H3 neo works well for their style. But for my friend, it may not be the case for him since he's a beginner. It might benefit him to explore some other types of rubber that might facilitate his learning more easily. In other words, he might be at an even higher level now if not hindered by H3 neo. Thank you for your insight.
    Yes. You are also 100% correct that a coach will teach a beginner to use it well, and in general, it will support certain good habits but it will always make it harder to get spin and speed but the control compensates. Many coaches just teach students how they were taught, BTW.

    The most important thing is that your friend is getting good coaching. I used tacky stuff and I liked some things it did for my stroke discipline. But once you have good technique, you have to decide whether you like to swing all the time or not. And even if you do, there are some compromises (I think the rubber I use is one of them, and there are others with harder sponges like Omega V Asia or MX-S or M1 Turbo) that may make your life easier if you are willing to give up some control for easier spin and speed. Of course, I personally would not use them on a Joola Carbon but everryone is different.

  18. NextLevel is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 13,691 9,294
    N
    NextLevel is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 9,294 13,691

    User Info Menu

    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Hridoy
    Thanks NextLevel UpSideDownCarl laistrogian anchorschmidt & Jabugo.
    Now I get it. As far as I know, there is no opportunity for boost rubbers in my country and no other players or coaches don't know how to deal with chinese rubbers. So, I think I should change my rubber. I want to go for Rakza 7 or Rakza 7 Soft. Is it too advance for me or I should go for another Vega Pro?
    They are all in the same class but using the same rubber on both sides has done advantages as you will understand your stroke and contact depth on both sides easily so I would recommend that.

    The Following User Likes NextLevel's Post:

    Hridoy


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.