Xu Fei, the future of penhold

This user has no status.
In that highlight video I was seriously rooting for Xue Fei, Liu D.S. is absolutely obnoxious. Surprised he never got called on his cho-ing...

Why would he get called? He wasn't taunting XF or anything. Sure it's kind of annoying but you cant penalise a guy for being too enthusiastic lmao.

Reactions: brabhamista
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
He has potential. Xu Xin was only Runner up once as Junior. Made QF and SF one time each too.
But he needs a few years to get up there, and it's a question on how much he will manage to improve too.
Some meets certain walls after junior age (but most of the times that has been pimples players...), so let's hope he don't.

Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
how old is he?

I looked around and found this: "Zhu Cheng is 17, Liu Dingshuo is 16, Xue Fei is 15 and Wang Chuqin is 14."
That was 2014. Meaning Xue Fei is 17 this year. (1999) I also found this quote: "CNT coach once said Xue Fei has more powerful RPB than Wang Hao when he was young. That compliement does mean something big. Hope he can make a mark in his first entry."
I wonder how he would match up against Wong Chun Ting atm.

Edit: Does anyone know his equipment btw?
60b01fc930afc86847849acc644b0b25.png

Seems like a Hurricane Hao (II? III?) to me. But don't know anything else.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Why would he get called? He wasn't taunting XF or anything. Sure it's kind of annoying but you cant penalise a guy for being too enthusiastic lmao.
i wish they would. i don't mind it on cool points or in juniors even on points you won with skill, but calling out on net balls etc is foul.

Reactions: thekleifheit13
This user has no status.
Please correct me if I'm wrong. But I think their (Liu DS and Xue Fei) movement are too slow compared to Ma long or Xu Xin when they are in their early age. And I still have a doubt that chinese still reigning the table tennis world in the future, especially after Ma Long, Xu Xin, and Zhang Jike retired. The only chinese hope is Fan Zhendong I guess.

This user has no status.
Please correct me if I'm wrong. But I think their (Liu DS and Xue Fei) movement are too slow compared to Ma long or Xu Xin when they are in their early age. And I still have a doubt that chinese still reigning the table tennis world in the future, especially after Ma Long, Xu Xin, and Zhang Jike retired. The only chinese hope is Fan Zhendong I guess.
maybe but beating KKH 4-1 who is currently number 45 in the world at 15-17 is pretty impressive(maybe top 20-30?) and by 20 could easily be top 10 if improvments keep happening

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

I think its not that simple to compare as 40mm balls does travel faster.
So with 40+, it does seem a lot of slower on video (even the XX today vs 40mm days)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
In my oppinion he is too slow on his feet. XX is much better, also his game is very predictable. That is why Dingshuo won quite easily.

Indeed the young XF needs a lot of fixes
His footwork, power, rpb is all weaker than XX by a mile
Imo, his FH is too weak for cpen and his rpb is not stable enough.
LGL can fix it up :)

Last edited:
Reactions: violoniste18