Back to Forum
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. king_of_spin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 0 11
    K
    king_of_spin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 11 0

    User Info Menu


    Aug 2011
    Afghanistan
    11
    0
    85
    Read 0 Reviews
    #1

    speed optimizer + free chack

    Can someone please post instructions on how to use both of them? I haven't played in 4 years and forgot everything. How long should you wait after each optimizer layer? Is it true that you need to wait 24 hours on the last layer?

    How long does the effect last? I generally use 3 layers.

    I have been using speed optimizer on my tenergy 05 and tenergy 64 but the stretch is too too big. The dome is too big. Can I reduce this? Say lamp oil??The free chack is terrible and not helping either as it doesn't stick well to the blade and the rubber keeps coming off. Free chack doesn't stick as well as the old glues did...

    And for free chack.. any tips on peeling off the glue? it's so so hard to peel and makes a huge mess. Takes ages with my thumb. Any products I can use?

    Do I have to peel off after each time I wanna re-apply? Because I heard it's hard for speed optimizer to penetrate if the free chack residue is still on...


  2. the_M is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 4 41
    T
    the_M is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 41 4
    #2
    Hi,

    i recommend using 3-5 layers speed optimizer so the effekt should last a couple of weeks. i tested loads of different lamp oil brands and the effect of lamp oil was never longer the a couple of days. personally i use tibhar clean tune extreme for my tenergys.
    to glue ur racket u need to apply 3 layers of glue on ur tenergy (thick layers and let each layer dry completely) and then a thick layer on ur blade.
    then leave ur bat under some sort of pressure/weight construction over night. i use a pile of books.
    for peeling off the glue i have my special method. i remove the rubber from the blade then apply 1 thick layer of lamp oil or booster....i use lamp oil for this since it nearly comes for free. Then after this realy thick layer of oil has softened the glue on the rubber i stick it on my blade.
    then i wait 30 mins pull of the rubber and the glue on the sponge is all soft and peeling it off takes about 2 mins and leaves the sponge completely unharmed, this works perfect with rubbers like tenergy. it still works with soft rubbers to but since the sponge is allot softer u damage it more easy.
    (i do this every time before boosting since the effect of boosters is allot better on a clean sponge and my method leaves the sponge intact)
    if u this correct u should have great results

  3. Dan is offline
    says #ForTheLegacy
     
    Administrator 4,332 6,823
    Dan's Avatar
    Dan is offline
    says #ForTheLegacy
     
    Administrator 6,823 4,332

    User Info Menu

    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by king_of_spin
    Can someone please post instructions on how to use both of them? I haven't played in 4 years and forgot everything. How long should you wait after each optimizer layer? Is it true that you need to wait 24 hours on the last layer?

    How long does the effect last? I generally use 3 layers.
    I have been using speed optimizer on my tenergy 05 and tenergy 64 but the stretch is too too big. The dome is too big. Can I reduce this? Say lamp oil??The free chack is terrible and not helping either as it doesn't stick well to the blade and the rubber keeps coming off. Free chack doesn't stick as well as the old glues did...

    And for free chack.. any tips on peeling off the glue? it's so so hard to peel and makes a huge mess. Takes ages with my thumb. Any products I can use?
    Do I have to peel off after each time I wanna re-apply? Because I heard it's hard for speed optimizer to penetrate if the free chack residue is still on...

    Hey .. Thanks for joining the forum... If your using Tenergy series rubbers then only put 1 layer of Optimizer on the rubber... Any more and it will make your Tenergy to soft. Tenergy already has speed glue built in effect so you don't need much optimizer... I know this is true as I know top players in the world who only put 1 layer on their Tenergy

    Effect last for around 4 weeks

    Hehe I have the best answer for this... Try using a table tennis ball to peel the glue

    Just peel of after the once... after two or 3 months of using it 3 to 4 times a week the Tenergy will be old and useless

  4. the_M is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 4 41
    T
    the_M is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 41 4
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Hey .. Thanks for joining the forum... If your using Tenergy series rubbers then only put 1 layer of Optimizer on the rubber... Any more and it will make your Tenergy to soft. Tenergy already has speed glue built in effect so you don't need much optimizer... I know this is true as I know top players in the world who only put 1 layer on their Tenergy

    Effect last for around 4 weeks

    Hehe I have the best answer for this... Try using a table tennis ball to peel the glue

    Just peel of after the once... after two or 3 months of using it 3 to 4 times a week the Tenergy will be old and useless
    No offense Dan, but my Method of removing glue is the best

    Using 1 layer might not be enough for You. Just test it and you will see. Personally i need at least 3 layers for a good effekt that isnt just gone in a few days. But i prefer really fast and spinny rubbers so 1 layer might be enough for you

  5. Dan is offline
    says #ForTheLegacy
     
    Administrator 4,332 6,823
    Dan's Avatar
    Dan is offline
    says #ForTheLegacy
     
    Administrator 6,823 4,332

    User Info Menu

    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by the_M
    No offense Dan, but my Method of removing glue is the best

    Using 1 layer might not be enough for You. Just test it and you will see. Personally i need at least 3 layers for a good effekt that isnt just gone in a few days. But i prefer really fast and spinny rubbers so 1 layer might be enough for you
    Hey the_M I totally agree with what your saying on how to remove the glue, I use to do it that way.. However I find putting a thick layer of booster to remove the glue only softens the rubber even more. And what your left with is a very soft rubber that doesn't have its fast hard feel. If you can remove the glue without using the oil then your rubber and sponge is lot more less damaged and less abused.

    However all players have different styles and techniques and one may feel to soften there rubber more as they may prefer this. So do what ever sorts you. But for me for instance, when my rubbers are to soft I loose a lot of control in the short game and serving.

  6. the_M is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 4 41
    T
    the_M is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 41 4
    #6
    Well the booster i use to remove the glue doesnt realy soften the sponge since it doesnt sink in that deep. but using 3 layers for boosting extremeley softens the rubber thats why i use a very heave t05 on my forehand which is harder to begin with.

  7. YosuaYosan is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 150 2,988
    YosuaYosan's Avatar
    YosuaYosan is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,988 150

    User Info Menu


    Mar 2011
    Indonesia
    2,988
    150
    3719
    Read 1 Reviews
    #7
    Is it legal ?
    GFoT |Blade : Timo Boll ALC • FH : DHS Hurricane 3 Provincial MAX • BH : Tenergy 64 MAX
    Crossover to Takeover!

  8. UpSideDownCarl is online now
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin
     
    Super Moderator 16,679 15,263
    UpSideDownCarl's Avatar
    UpSideDownCarl is online now
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin
     
    Super Moderator 15,263 16,679
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by YosuaYosan
    Is it legal ?
    I think people use this language. The police won't come to get you. The government of your country has not decided it is a crime. Can you play in a sanctioned tournament with it. If they don't figure it out, it does not really matter but according to ITTF rules, anything that changes the playing characteristics of a rubber after the ITTF has approved the rubber, is against the rules of tournament play. Not illegal, but against the rules. At the same time, I believe all the top pros are boosting in one way or another.
    Setup 1: Blade by Nate: Vortex Spin Machine, FH Evolution MX-K, BH Evolution FX-P
    Setup 2: OSP Virtuoso Plus, FH Rasanter R 48, BH Rasanter R 48
    Spin is Everything

  9. YosuaYosan is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 150 2,988
    YosuaYosan's Avatar
    YosuaYosan is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,988 150

    User Info Menu


    Mar 2011
    Indonesia
    2,988
    150
    3719
    Read 1 Reviews
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Horowitz
    I think people use this language. The police won't come to get you. The government of your country has not decided it is a crime. Can you play in a sanctioned tournament with it. If they don't figure it out, it does not really matter but according to ITTF rules, anything that changes the playing characteristics of a rubber after the ITTF has approved the rubber, is against the rules of tournament play. Not illegal, but against the rules. At the same time, I believe all the top pros are boosting in one way or another.
    Thank you sire.
    That adds up my understanding.
    Both knowledge and diction
    GFoT |Blade : Timo Boll ALC • FH : DHS Hurricane 3 Provincial MAX • BH : Tenergy 64 MAX
    Crossover to Takeover!

  10. king_of_spin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 0 11
    K
    king_of_spin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 11 0

    User Info Menu


    Aug 2011
    Afghanistan
    11
    0
    85
    Read 0 Reviews
    #10
    Do i have to wait 24 hours on the last layer? where do you buy lamp oil from? I heard water on the sponge can soften it too and make peeling easier. Do you peel with your fingers or palm??

  11. king_of_spin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 0 11
    K
    king_of_spin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 11 0

    User Info Menu


    Aug 2011
    Afghanistan
    11
    0
    85
    Read 0 Reviews
    #11
    Dan, 1 layer is way too slow and unspinny. My Tenergys are quite old too (10 months). 1 layer barely makes the rubber dome.

  12. Dan is offline
    says #ForTheLegacy
     
    Administrator 4,332 6,823
    Dan's Avatar
    Dan is offline
    says #ForTheLegacy
     
    Administrator 6,823 4,332

    User Info Menu

    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by king_of_spin
    Dan, 1 layer is way too slow and unspinny. My Tenergys are quite old too (10 months). 1 layer barely makes the rubber dome.
    Sorry I didn't realise they were 10 months old. Brand new Tenergys I would only recommend 1 layer. What boost are you using? Try buying BioBooster from Dandoy thats a good one

  13. moriguchi2 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 1 209
    M
    moriguchi2 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 209 1
    #13
    Boosting is Bad for you and your health!!!!! :O

  14. Tek101 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 14 139
    Tek101's Avatar
    Tek101 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 139 14
    #14
    I sort of fluctuate in terms of what tuner I use, sometimes I use Butterfly Optimizer One and other times I'll just use Paraffin oil(lamp oil). If I use the Optimizer I generally use 2 layers. I first put a generous layer of the optimizer on the sponge. Then I wait for like 30-45 minutes until the top of the sponges is semi dry after that I put another layer on and then wait 8-9 hours until I affix it to my blade. With Paraffin Oil, I use 3-4 layers. Paraffin oil penetrates the sponge pretty quickly so I generally put a layer on wait like 10 minutes and then put another layer on and on the last layer I wait 3o minutes to an hour to affix it to my blade.

    Optimizer is the most work but, in the long run is the most viable option since you only need to do it once every couple of weeks or so.

    If you don't want to wait paraffin is great for you but you need to do it every 3-4 days.
    Setup
    Blade: Xiom Ice Cream AZX
    FH: Sword Long Can
    BH: Xiom Vega Asia DF

  15. king_of_spin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 0 11
    K
    king_of_spin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 11 0

    User Info Menu


    Aug 2011
    Afghanistan
    11
    0
    85
    Read 0 Reviews
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Sorry I didn't realise they were 10 months old. Brand new Tenergys I would only recommend 1 layer. What boost are you using? Try buying BioBooster from Dandoy thats a good one
    I'm using speed optimizer one. yes Darius Knight uses BioBooster. I asked him. However speed optimizer has worked in the past for me (Bryce Speed rubbers).

  16. king_of_spin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 0 11
    K
    king_of_spin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 11 0

    User Info Menu


    Aug 2011
    Afghanistan
    11
    0
    85
    Read 0 Reviews
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by moriguchi2
    Boosting is Bad for you and your health!!!!! :O
    they are VOC free...

  17. king_of_spin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 0 11
    K
    king_of_spin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 11 0

    User Info Menu


    Aug 2011
    Afghanistan
    11
    0
    85
    Read 0 Reviews
    #17
    Can you compare the speed glue effects between the two? which is faster, has more spin, click sound??

    wow from what you said.. paraffin oil doesn't take much time for it to work ! That's a good thing. Where do you buy your oil and how much is it? I have heard some people use other oils like cooking oi, baby oil, etc???

    Also your optimizer method.. i have never heard of it before. 30-45min normally doesn't try and sponge and i heard your only meant to add 2nd layer until its dry. (maybe your doing something like 'wet gluing' ). and also 8-9 seems to be a short time.

    the normal method i heard is
    *12 hours minimal wait after each layer
    *24 hours minimal wait on last layer
    *free chack on both sponge and blade and wait 10 min

    Can someone confirm this?


    Also, guys I have realised I need to put A LOT of free chack or else it won't stick. Especially the edges. When I try and 'save' the glue, the rubber just keeps falling off when I play and that's a big hassle/irritation.

  18. Tek101 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 14 139
    Tek101's Avatar
    Tek101 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 139 14
    #18
    From using both I can deduce these things:

    1. Paraffin oil has a louder click sound and produces more power
    2. Optimizer has a louder click but not as much as the oil and produces greater spin.
    3. yea free chalk is a hassle so I just use rubber cement lol. I apply glue to both the blade and the sponge and then let it dry for about 5-7 minutes and then roll it on.
    4. You can buy Paraffin oil at pretty much any hardware store and it costs like 7 bucks(US) for 18 fl oz(532 mL)

    Some people use baby oil which is basically like Paraffin oil to my understanding with out some added ingredients but, I have never used it. I have tried Olive oil and eucalyptus oil though and the Olive oil is bad for tuning but is decent for restoring tact to your top sheet and the Eucalyptus oil is the opposite, only works for a couple days, and is expensive, so don't try that either lol.

    here is the link for how to apply the speed optimizer by Brian Pace.

    http://www.butterflyonline.com/2008/SpeedOpt.asp

    I have tried the 12 hour method and my method of 8-9 and I can't really see a difference.

    Hope this helps
    Setup
    Blade: Xiom Ice Cream AZX
    FH: Sword Long Can
    BH: Xiom Vega Asia DF

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.