fake blades vs yankee purists

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Would you go out of your way to buy a box of breakfast cereal that said it was Kellogg's Cornflakes but the packaging was fake and the product was an imitation and not even close to as good and you didn't know what company actually made the product.

Russell is describing a clone, not a fake. Those Safeway brand cornflakes that taste the same but are cheaper? Think of it as being like a Xiom Stradivarius or a Baum Espirit, or whichever Yinhe blade people think is most like a TBS, or maybe a Double Day ALC, or even a composite 729 blade. Or like back when Nittaku 3-star celluloid balls from China were just rebadged DHS balls.

So let's make the fake analogy more accurate.

Imagine that instead of corn, the box you bought with Kellog's labeling had flakes that actually were made of 50% sawdust and tasted terrible. Imagine also that the counterfeiters had manufactured enough of this stuff that there was a reasonable chance that every convenience store and small supermarket that sold the Kellog's flakes at a discount was actually selling these awful tasting counterfeit boxes of cornflakes. Imagine that this had become a sufficient problem that somewhere on the internet, on a cornflakes blog (which for all I know really exists) there are constant threads advising readers on on how to identify boxes containing fake cornflakes, and maybe whether or not they make you sick. Meanwhile, the people running the counterfeit scam in China are making money off selling this garbage. Maybe some of the other stuff they counterfeit is poisonous, you're not really sure.

Just add for sake of completeness that some little imbecile comes along to defend the counterfeiters selling flakes containing sawdust because they are supposedly fighting for the little people against giant corrupt corporations! Arguing also that because somewhere in Saigon some poor child wants to have actual Kellog's cornflakes but can't afford it, that it would be ok if the child eats sawdust instead -- just as long as the box says Kellog's. Imagine also that the kid could actually have the Safeway flakes that are actually corn at a price he could afford.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Russell is describing a clone, not a fake. Those Safeway brand cornflakes that taste the same but are cheaper? Think of it as being like a Xiom Stradivarius or a Baum Espirit, or whichever Yinhe blade people think is most like a TBS, or maybe a Double Day ALC, or even a composite 729 blade. Or like back when Nittaku 3-star celluloid balls from China were just rebadged DHS balls.

So let's make the fake analogy more accurate.

Imagine that instead of corn, the box you bought with Kellog's labeling had flakes that actually were made of 50% sawdust and tasted terrible. Imagine also that the counterfeiters had manufactured enough of this stuff that there was a reasonable chance that every convenience store and small supermarket that sold the Kellog's flakes at a discount was actually selling these awful tasting counterfeit boxes of cornflakes. Imagine that this had become a sufficient problem that somewhere on the internet, on a cornflakes blog (which for all I know really exists) there are constant threads advising readers on on how to identify boxes containing fake cornflakes, and maybe whether or not they make you sick. Meanwhile, the people running the counterfeit scam in China are making money off selling this garbage. Maybe some of the other stuff they counterfeit is poisonous, you're not really sure.

Just add for sake of completeness that some little imbecile comes along to defend the counterfeiters selling flakes containing sawdust because they are supposedly fighting for the little people against giant corrupt corporations! Arguing also that because somewhere in Saigon some poor child wants to have actual Kellog's cornflakes but can't afford it, that it would be ok if the child eats sawdust instead -- just as long as the box says Kellog's. Imagine also that the kid could actually have the Safeway flakes that are actually corn at a price he could afford.

Great post Baal. Exactly what I was saying and some extra.

Counterfeit products where you can't track or hold accountable, the company that made the product because the real company is hidden, are not good.

A company that makes an imitation blade where you know the company that made the blade and you know which blade, from which company it is a knock off, those are fine. Like a Yinhe-Rosewood = totally fine. Counterfeit ZJK SZLC, totally different.

But I also have no need to take Sebas/kukamonga seriously or get into arguing with him. Because I suspect he does some of this stuff--maybe most of this stuff--to try and get people angry and to mess with people's heads.

Last edited:
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Because I suspect he does some of this stuff--maybe most of this stuff--to try and get people angry and to mess with people's heads.

Yes, this is what imbeciles do. Some of course also become part of the HISTORY as opposed to the present of forums.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
If you're too poor to afford the mizutani blade, what's stopping you from decorating your blade yourself or remaking the handle of your blade to imitate it? Hell, put a picture of mizutani's face on the blade for all I care, just don't go advertising that it is the butterfly mizutani super zlc.

Then again...... Faking blades is actually fine for some players right? Fan Zhendong uses a fake stiga blade right? What level must you be before advertising equipment that's not really what the blade is, is an okay thing. Maybe kuka is at that level where he's allowed to do it >.>

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Feb 2016
honestly I think our backgrounds are too different, that's why we can't really identify.
you are all from super powers (us and uk) where the culture is different.
I'm from argentina, which to you is like being born in the middle of the jungle.

here most people don't really care about buying or using fake stuff.
it's not something that would get hate or disapproval in any way.
go in a train where workers travel and most of them are using fake adidas clothes, maybe fake shoes, everything.
nobody will go with a cross and start shouting "sinnenrrrrr!!!!!" lol

it's just the culture you are born into, no point in arguing to death about it here.

actually I just remembered when I was a kid in school and this kid came with "nike feraldy" shoes.
it was actually very funny and everybody would joke about it, but in a good way.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
honestly I think our backgrounds are too different, that's why we can't really identify.
I'm from argentina, which to you is like being born in the middle of the jungle.

go in a train where workers travel and most of them are using fake adidas clothes, maybe fake shoes, everything.

it's just the culture you are born into, no point in arguing to death about it here.

Come on bud. I gave you an out...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I don't come from the US or UK , but I have lived in the US for some time. I come from very middle middle class economic background in India and I cannot say I completely agree to what you are saying.

Growing up, I have seen this in student and in daily wage workers, most of whom would not be able to afford a nike / addidas shoes.

Specifically , because the students have no income, mind you I got my real paddle only after I got a job, before that I used to play with something worth a dollar in US currency. I used always use 2nd hand stfuff in sports , even got ridiculed for going to a cricket net practice with a "women's cricket ball" because that's what my dad bought me since it was cheap.

For the daily wage workers one such shoe would probably cost 200 times what he earns in a day, so there was no way he was going to buy it.

But once, people got decent jobs and started earning decent money, I haven't seen people buy fake stuff that much.

Again, some of the fake stuff was very very obvious ... like addidas bags , or nike sunglasses even before they came up with any of those product lines ..

What I agree though, before "globalization" hit Indian shores, people were not so "brand conscious" , I still am not. Those days, most of my clothes would be hand sewn by the tailor just because it would cost much less than branded clothes and last longer with better quality of fabric.

But mostly, for sports goods , we would buy local brands and not international ones.

We used to have "Shield" paddles and balls , at least my friends who were lucky enough to get table tennis training did.

There are premade paddles called Kung Fu which is very popular, the rubber is very less reactive to incoming spin and you can really confuse even higher level players with the junk balls that come out of it ...

http://www.amazon.in/GKI-Kung-Fu-DX-Racquet/dp/B00I7QXSEE

So, in summary I don't think the argument is is true for every country out there, but again I can only speak for mine, may be using fakes is more socially and culturally acceptable in Argentina, we are all big maradona fans and I do remember the "Hand of God" episode even though I was a kid then .. have seen the footage thousands of times since ..

actually I just remembered when I was a kid in school and this kid came with "nike feraldy" shoes.
it was actually very funny and everybody would joke about it, but in a good way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews

I should bear in mind Next Level's post about engaging in this kind of nonsense, but I will chime in on this one last time. Then I am done.

Since the thread has trended this way, I should mention that I've spent some time in Buenos Aires and Cordoba in Argentina. Not a lot, but enough to get a general feel for the economic development, culture, general feel of the country. People in my country don't regard Argentina as the middle of the jungle, certainly not at any point in my lifetime. It has historically been the richest country in Latin America. Blessed with abundant land, natural resources, educated people. A country free from colonial rule for over 200 years, but that almost entirely eliminated its indigenous population. A country whose biggest curse is political and corruption, and whose biggest problems are self-inflicted. Look if the worst crime you ever committed is to use fake ping pong stuff than you probably live a clean life. But the idea that supporting counterfeiters is somehow a morally upright revolutionary act is just wrong.

My knuckles are sore but my kettle looks great.

Last edited:
you guys have made your choice.
you are with the corporations, with the establishment, with the governments that create war and hunger.
me, I'm with that little kid in china who has nothing to eat.
he trains and watches kukamonga videos, train and kukamonga videos....
he has no money to buy the zjk szlc so he buys a fake one.
he needs shoes but he can't afford the yonex, so he goes and buys the lefusi.
he trains and watches kukamonga videos...
one day he becomes world champion, even with all his difficulties.

he was not born in the kensington gardens in uk.
he was not born in hollywood.
his life was not easy.
but he had passion.
and fake equipment.

Those fake equipments, and every other fake things, who do you think manufacture them ? You think yourself has a rebel, the archangel who will protect the poor chinese........not being aware that all those fakes are most certainly manufactured by children or at best by the exploitation of human misery.

Buy a copy of Viscaria, for example the Gewo Force Arc, at least you know it isn't made by child's hand, by a fake viscaria on aliexpress......I'm 99% confident it's manufactured by exploitation of human misery.
Also, tell us why having kukamonga buying four fake blades is supporting the child in China who loved TT and can't afford a BTY blade ? Your not supporting this child, you are supporting the manufactuing plant which exploit misery to manufacure those fakes, and supporting your own ignorance. 4*20$ = $80. Give those the $80 directly to a poor child, it's better than buying smth manufactured by them.

Wake up kukamonga ;)

Shit, I'd better scratching a kettle with my bare knuckles.....

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Feb 2016
I already said it before.
where I was born people in general will not look at you bad if you own/use fake products.
so it doesn't matter how many messages you send, I will never look at fake products in a bad way.
there are thousands of things that are way worse than fake products.
probably you do most of them too.
but of course, it's kukamonga we are talking about.
we are pure angels from heaven and kukamonga is such a monster.....
hahahaha say goodnight to the bad guy!!!