Please Stop Doing This

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I hate when people randomly walk around in your playing area. I cannot concentrate when I know that someone might stand in my way due to the reason you can see in the opening post. What is going on in their minds? It is as stupid as someone walking in front of a soccer goal during a penalty shootout X_X No one would ever do that!

The problem with TT in USA clubs, even at one of the best ones, like Westchester is that many places you have no choice but to walk right through the court.

Yes, many do not know this is a bad idea to do while hitting. If I do it, I raise my hand real high and lift a finger and be seen by both, or at least the other one, so they can bunt the ball to avoid that.

Walking behind like that while not paying attention is utter carelessness and severe negligence. Many people walk close to the player or the table when there is plenty of space to hug the walls as one walks by. That kind of attitude or ignorance would make me want to choke out an entire Goon Squad all at oncet. Damn the Gestapo enforcement arm. Sending a person like that into Carl's septic tank trap is too good for them.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
One of the good things about my club. People don't do this. They even avoid being in your field of view.

I admire NLs restraint.

That is prolly the take home from it all, NL's restraint. (Very Positive and controlled) I would be ready to fight... the entire TT hall if I had to if they took sides.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I honestly believe that many people cannot judge safe distances whether in TT or on the road. Have you ever noticed how many drivers cannot keep in lane when going around roundabouts.

Freeking hammer hit the nail right on the head type of TRUE statement.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Read 6 reviews
Yes i agree, i hate when this happens to. It's so annoying when you are playing and a person just walks behind you like its nothing or if they hit the ball into your area and chase after it without thinking that you are playing. They need to learn how to WAIT a few seconds so we can get the ball, and everyone can go back to playing safely.

Reactions: NextLevel
says what [IMG]
Be glad you don't play in a public school. People routinely walk as close as is humanly possible to the table, especially behind you, ESPECIALLY when there's a lot of free space.

I myself am a huuuuge fan of people stopping to look at a game, right in your forehand/backhand wing, getting as close as is possible until you backswing into their gut.

If I had a dollar for every time someone was right up in my ass when I'm serving, and they blocked my motion by walking behind me, I'd be several dollars richer right now. If I got paid double for every time they acted like it was entirely my fault and I should apologize for smacking them, I'd be a rich man.

@Boogar

People are inconsiderate enough to come into your FOV and walk right behind you when you're playing. Do you really think they're gonna man up and actually pay in full any damage they caused? I hope NL got compensated, but people just don't give a shit.

Reactions: BeGo and NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
In South Africa, we have more surrounds than balls.
So not much of an issue of people walking too close to the playing area.

But then in Asia where there are not lots of surrounds and people walking close by - the problem doesn't happen so much.
My conclusion of Asia is that they are more educated in terms of when to walk and when to duck/dive.
I think if more players observe more, then the problem will be less.
Or just get surrounds :)

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
NextLevel : sorry for your loss !!

I get very pissed off by this behavior and its very very very common in most of clubs.

for some reason , people have tunnel vision when chasing after their ball and most of them don't have that when they are actually hitting it.

Infact, I stopped going to a club just because of this phenomena ...

If you see most of the adults barring a few don't have the patience to wait for you to finish your rally or point in yoru match to return the ball and will start walking through the line of sight or even dangerously close when you are playing, and when its their turn to pick your stray ball and give it back they will keep ignoring you or just kick your ball .

How can we expect children to learn good behavior when we ourselves are such bad models !!

Reactions: BeGo