Review of the STIGA Genesis Rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
^ No complaints so far and I have been playing with these about two months, ~2 times per week on average.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
What about durability? Chinese like rubbers are usually good, but who knows?

I guess mine is one off incident as told by Stiga. No booster or abuse if you ask me, with 2 hours of play max.

Genesis a.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
I received my Genesis M 2.2 rubbers from Dandoy and their uncut weights are different.
The sheet sizes are identical

Red weighs 68gm
Black weighs 73gm

The print on the sponge for the red rubber has wider text than the sponge on the black.

Is this normal?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
I received my Genesis M 2.2 rubbers from Dandoy and their uncut weights are different.
The sheet sizes are identical

Red weighs 68gm
Black weighs 73gm

The print on the sponge for the red rubber has wider text than the sponge on the black.

Is this normal?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

That's a quality control issue. If these were Hurricane 3, they would be labelled export commercial quality. With H3 Provincial, there is much better precision with hardness, thickness, and weight.

Last edited:
This looks to me like on of the first tensor Chinese style rubbers. Other than this I know of Palio Thors and Yasaka but that's it. So the obvious question, how does this compare to Hurricane III provincial (the M version)? it's going to be similar price and probably similar hardness, so does the tensor next gen factor in it being better?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I have to be honest with you guys, I hit with Genesis II yesterday on a Clipper. It was at the goon squad mission in NYC on Saturday October 1st.

It did not feel quite like a tensor. It definitely did not feel like Chinese rubber. It felt like not so fast Euro rubber. It was decent. It wasn't great. It wasn't bad. If I was going to use one word to describe it I would say: "plain" or "vanilla"! It felt like it might be a decent rubber for someone who did not want as much pop as a good tensor or someone who did not want to need the precision you would need for H3. So, decent for developing technique.

But nothing about if felt like a Chinese rubber to me. I did not find the topsheet to actually be tacky. Not sure what to call a topsheet like MX-P's but I wouldn't call that tacky: it simply grips well. And this topsheet seemed to me like it was more similar to that than too a tacky Chinese rubber. Did not hit with it long enough to really put it through its paces. Did not do the ball stick tacky rubber test. But those were my thoughts from hitting with it for 5 min.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
Reactions: TTHopeful
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 6 reviews
^ No complaints so far and I have been playing with these about two months, ~2 times per week on average.

How are your rubbers holding up? I have used my Genesis for a long time now and they are holding up surprisingly good. For me only Tenergy and Genesis got this kind of durability. Anyone else noticed this or is it just me who is hitting the ball to soft? :rolleyes:

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
i just get the Genesis M .... as replacement for the DHS h8 blue sponge ...
I have to change because there is no way for me to find This dhs h8 bs .... so i`m searching for alternatives.
unpacking video will follow.
and i`m attending to bost it..

Reactions: TTHopeful
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Nice bobpuls! Let us know how it plays. Would be nice to show people the whole surface of the rubbbers, Genesis almost looks exactly like Tenergy in my opinion. Which booster will you use and how many layers?
Thanks...
i will show the whole surface after it`s glued on blade .... but the blade is in progress of creation . i thinking next week.
For the booster i will use classic baby oil (last the longest period of time) and i will apply two layers and after i will see how it reacts then i decide if the third layer is necessary.
And yes now when you mention it , also the topsheet is more like tenergy then Chinese or other euro topsheets.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
Thanks...
i will show the whole surface after it`s glued on blade .... but the blade is in progress of creation . i thinking next week.
For the booster i will use classic baby oil (last the longest period of time) and i will apply two layers and after i will see how it reacts then i decide if the third layer is necessary.
And yes now when you mention it , also the topsheet is more like tenergy then Chinese or other euro topsheets.

why not review it without the booster first?

Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
why not review it without the booster first?
i do not now ... maybe because i just want to ...
and it is already done (applied one layer) ... and the snow just falls on the garden so no new blade this week .. i will use one of the older one i already have.

Last edited: