We all know 10 players in table tennis who...

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
We all know someone in table tennis like this right? :)

1) We all know a player who:

Buys every table tennis blade and rubber under the sun but still cannot choose what to use! Just pick one set up and go with it!!! One week they're using an offensive plus blade with tenergy the next they're using a hardbat with long pimples, don't worry though this new setups definitely the one. That is of course until the next week when they try their team mates new bat...

weallknow1.jpg

2) We all know a player who:

Complains about everything when they play badly. They come up with every excuse possible other then it just being their fault of course. If it’s not their bat, it’s the ball, it’s the table, it's the lights, it's the venue etc.. The list just goes on and on. To be fair to them though, that slight breeze coming from under the door about 5 tables down from where they're playing that they felt at 2 all in the first set is definitely why they lost.

weallknow2.jpg

3) We all know a player who:

Celebrates over excessively or goes absolutely nuts after they win a big point.

rumgayweallknow1.jpg

Photo by: Lawrence Lustig

4) We all know a player who:

Always has some sort of injury or illness that they make sure everyone knows about before they start playing. Weird how If they win they've suddenly made a miraculous recovery. Problem is if they lose the next match all the symptoms come rushing back and they need urgent professional treatment.

5) We all know a player who:

Gets completely frustrated when playing against pimples. They beat all the best attacking players in the league but as soon as they come against a bit of pimple they have no idea what to do. Then frustration and anger kicks in...

6) We all know a player who:

Serve practices for hours on end but when it comes to a match they can't serve to save their life.

7) We all know a player who:

Hits the ball about 5 times harder than anyone else. After you've finished a match with them you have more bruises than you get from a day out paintballing.

weallknow3.jpg

8) We all know a player who:

Knocks up like they're Ma Long, but when it comes to a match they cannot hit a barn door with a banjo!

9) We all know a player who:

Is a really bad loser. Off the table they are great but as soon as they lose they throw all their toys out the pram and it takes them half an hour before they will talk to anyone.

10) We all know a player who:

Sweats excessively and when you change ends you're standing in a puddle. Then at the end of the match the dreaded handshake! The handshake that feels more like your shaking a Dolphin's fin then the hand of a human being.

weallknow5.jpg

Who knows a player like this?! Tag them in and say which one they are. Have fun! Which one have we missed out? Comment below.

Written by: TTD content writer Tom Jeffcott

This user has no status.
I am that #1 and #2 and #8, sometimes i am #5 but not much played against them, and many times i was going to do something wrong if i am frustrated, today or yesterday very late time i was practicing with a friend and at the last hour we decided to play matches, he defeated me like 10 or 12 to 1, then we played last best of 5 and i lost 3-0, and i don't know why i felt not sad or not angry, but sure i was so frustrated but i can't blame anyone, but only myself, and the only way i can beat him is if i can control myself or my anger and practice more, he is not difficult, but i was doing mistakes like no one did even the very beginners.

So, with all those or some of those 10 types of players, how to treat them or teach them? and what is your key for solving their problems?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
The illness one is often me. I don't feel I play better or worse but I let the opponent know beforehand that I have a cold and out of respect for them I'm not going to shake their hand at the end of our match.

This user has no status.
I would like to add about celebrations that there are also players that over-celebrate absolutely EVERY point that they get really annoying. Even if they play someone who has absolutely no chance to win against them and they are leading 9-2 in the game they will keep shouting loudly so people playing at the neighboring tables and not only are disturbed. We have some of those at national tournaments and they annoy everyone so much that the general umpire of the tournaments has to ask them to be quieter. What I don't like the most these days is that many kids are this kind of cho-ers because their coaches are supporting them to do this.

This user has no status.
i think we are one or all at some point in our struggle to get better or play better or keep improving or whatever the case may be but as TareqPhoto very well said ,is there a way ,(besides a lot of practice)to work some of these "kinks" in order to better ourselves?i sure need some of this help ,thanks guys, just my opinion

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
11) The EJ'er
These wonderful creatures will comment on everything and suggest anything. They are easy to spot by looking at their equipment tags and noticing for blade they have listed 2-3 brands and many different rubbers. All in different thicknesses! Their knowledge is often carried with them in the grave.
pvAwgVH.png

12) The Science guy
Everybody is allowed 1 (per forum/club basis rule). They bring geometry, gayology, physics and other irrelevant crap in order to support their understanding of equipment behaviour, start arguments, enforce it in the mind of others, and eventually get banned...a legend of their own
URq7rrn.jpg

13) The USATT rating wars
Playing table tennis live is old fashion. Simply press the "Generate" button, get your random nobody gives a fuk USATT rating and challenge your m8's at online ping pong. The more of these you win the higher your number grows and your replies will have more weight in the saying.
vOo6MoY.jpg
czUyUEE.jpg

14) Post a video of yourself (The skill assessor)
Saying what kind of style you play, what you like, your height, weight, sex appeal and how athletic you are no longer counts unfortunately. You will be bombarded with requests by the skill assessors to judge your skills from a 30 second forehand drill video. Just don't be mad when they still can't figure out why you suck, when they rate you 1500 by pressing the "Generate" button, or when they suggest you are playing with OFF blade and OFF rubbers in MAX. the reason you will never be greatness. It's time for a premade Dunlop bat for you I'm afraid....

15) The member who expects shit to change
You tell yourself things will be different, this time new people will respond to my question or interesting discussion, I mean look at the statistics:
OofJjOY.png

You open a topic on what thickness rubber is best, or stiff vs flexible blade with rubber to match
....*ding ding* you have received reply to your thread (from UpsidedownCarl) FAK! not this guy again
....5min later *ding ding* you have received reply to your thread (this time NextLevel) Seriously? ffs, is nobody else browsing this forum?
....10min later *ding ding* you have received reply to your thread (Der_Etcher) Screw this forum.... rage quit

PM to Dan "Thanks Dan but can you please remove my account, it was good while it lasted!" :p

16)
The Comedian Trolls
These guys don't have anything interesting to say, they just post meme's and make fun of everything. Can be often recognized by their fake equipment they use, the amount of crap they buy from China, and pure disregard to ITTF rules. But really they are good guys, they often make the top 5 forum members rage, which is always funny. A guy with 5$ dollar boosted rubber, unknown chinese shoes and who still plays with the celluloid ball.......is aces in my book! *cough* Kukamonga

........I'm getting tired now, maybe this list will "to be continue..." Plus I have a TT training to attend to in couple of hours

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
I would like to add about celebrations that there are also players that over-celebrate absolutely EVERY point that they get really annoying. Even if they play someone who has absolutely no chance to win against them and they are leading 9-2 in the game they will keep shouting loudly so people playing at the neighboring tables and not only are disturbed. We have some of those at national tournaments and they annoy everyone so much that the general umpire of the tournaments has to ask them to be quieter. What I don't like the most these days is that many kids are this kind of cho-ers because their coaches are supporting them to do this.

Just watch the wonder kid Harimoto Tomokazu play in Slovenia Open and he start choing out loud from the very first point with no end. I have to hit the stop button right before the first game was half finished. Oh boy.

Reactions: Cornel