Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I do not know how hard it is to find these. I have not been looking. I saw it and bought it.

How to remove the rubbers that sits rockhard on the blade?

The handle is very very comfortable.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
I do not know how hard it is to find these. I have not been looking. I saw it and bought it.

How to remove the rubbers that sits rockhard on the blade?

The handle is very very comfortable.

You can gently try to remove it using acetone (pure which you should be able to find at your local Coop/ICA/etc... not the nailpolish removal version as it's not strong enough). It will most likely not come off so some things to try:
- Try to scrape off the sponge using a metal ruler or the top of a kitchen knife
- Remove the sponge using sandpaper if the above fails

Reactions: Lula
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
My Stellan Bengtsson had a lens, and was AN. And I actually thought all SB blades in the Offensive Wood line were AN, but you're saying I'm wrong and what I'm seeing is in line with that. My SB OW (AN) must have been an anomaly, or perhaps somebody had been swapping lenses... but I don't recall ever seeing anybody using an Ulf Tickan Carlsson OW blade. Ah well.

Not saying that you're wrong. I only know how it was when I started playing (~1985). I'm sure that they changed their marketing/branding several times during the 70/80/90ies. Tickan probably sold more blades for Stiga compared to Stellan in the mid 80ies.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
I've been training hard for the last 4 weeks now. I am a little bored I think it was too much training i made. Do you have any ideas what should I do? I want to play something interesting. Should I try ping pong for fun or did you hear about Teqpong? Have you ever tried these? What is your opinion?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 3 reviews
I've been training hard for the last 4 weeks now. I am a little bored I think it was too much training i made. Do you have any ideas what should I do? I want to play something interesting. Should I try ping pong for fun or did you hear about Teqpong? Have you ever tried these? What is your opinion?
I think don't quit playing, maybe reduce frequency or your training method. If you train too much regular exercise, start doing irregular or vice versa.

If you spend a lot of time in training hall in a day, drop it to 1hr 1.5hr and focus what you train then leave.

I generally tend to quit completely when I skip days, that is why I think so.

Sent from Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016

I would be bored to if i just Did drills and played games. I like technique very much so i focus slot on that. So i am almost always working on making some stroke better. This is proably not always good for my game But it is very stimulating.

Reactions: Richie and yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews
I would be bored to if i just Did drills and played games. I like technique very much so i focus slot on that. So i am almost always working on making some stroke better. This is proably not always good for my game But it is very stimulating.

I really agree with this. The more stuff I know I can work towards improving the more I'm enjoying it, because then every drill has a purpose and then when I play games I try to get the technique going there too. It's a bit like everything, when you have some sort of meaning or purpose to what you're doing it feels more satisfying. Difficult to be motivated when you're unsure about what you're doing and just training for the sake of training.. if that makes sense.

Reactions: Lula
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Even the best technically sound approach is a failure if you quit. Important to find a balance zone of work and good off.

In before the Goon Squad forces me to drink water and go on a 6 mile run with the platoon.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
The delivery date is tomorrow, but on a Sunday afternoon, DHL express has delivered the joy of my weekend to me.
You cannot hear me, but I am shrieking in excitement.

IMG_20190721_134953.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
one look at the blade and we can tell from 1000 miles away that you are shrieking like a teenage girl , jumping up and down after seeing Justin Beiber wave at her :p
The delivery date is tomorrow, but on a Sunday afternoon, DHL express has delivered the joy of my weekend to me.
You cannot hear me, but I am shrieking in excitement.

View attachment 19513

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Good luck with a Stiga blade. I have zero respect for the brand given the number of blades I purchased which turned out to be crappy.

Fool you once, shame on Stiga; fool you twice, shame on you?

Anyway, the Stiga blades I played with 40 years ago were, in my dirty unreliabke memory, outstanding in feeling, balance, finish.

The finishing quality of the newer Stigas I played for a while when returning was lesser. I didn’t like the play of the new (limba) Offensive Classic, but many did and do and play well with it. Yes, a bit of sanding and sealing finishes it. I didn’t like the Allround Classic Carbon. The OC Carbon was fine, well, but that muddy limba feel…

I’ve since held another player’s Arctic Wood, and found much to like in it. And this Dynasty, well, it looks exceptional for modern Stiga. With a price to match that.

Harsh words, NL, and undoubtedly reflecting the measure in which you feel burned. I don’t share these negatives to that extent, and have seen good things come from Stiga recently. Blades and rubbers.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Crappy how? I just received the Stiga Centric.

The Infinity and the Eternity delaminated. Clipper just didn't seem to make sense given weight and balance. I am sure given the popularity of the Carbonado series and a few others that they can't be that bad, but it is just a decision I have taken.

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
My initial impression of the Dynasty blade after hitting with the robot: (in comparison with Timo ALC)
- feels like a wood blade, more vibration
- speed: slower than Timo ALC
- feels easy to get the wood 'cracking' sound, when looping backspin balls, not sure what the significance is
- moderate amount of 'dwell' time
- Slightly less ease to loop backspin balls, but may just be not used to it yet

Saturday I will get to play with my coach on the court, where we can move around. So I should have a better understanding of the blade.

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Weird coincidence, I just posted some impressions of the dynasty carbon on the Xu Xin equipment thread, then decided to look around and found more first impressions here. Anyway, I would say that finish on the bade is good but not as squeaky clean as a BTY. The handle feels much less smooth, but I really prefer this, as I feel that I am not going to throw away it away at the top of a FH drive on these humid sweaty nights in the summer league.