Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Are you asking for info on where you can find a coach who will help you improve your TT Skillz; Or are you asking about where you can take a training course to become an accredited TT Coach?

The way this is worded, I could see it being either.

For either case. looking for a coach, or wanting to take a course to become a coach, a good starting point would be Table Tennis England, they organise the courses to learn to be a coach, and they will also have lists of the accredited coaches and where they are based + clubs that have coaches etc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
maybe

maybe some members of this forum were there ? (on this video ?)

This is kinda depressing. There are so many people sooo good, I just can't ever see myself playing at their level.

From that big guy who holds the racket a little funny, to the tiny girl. To the anti-spin or long pips player. Other than the girl, they don't really even look professionally "trained", yet they all look really tough to beat.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

This is kinda depressing. There are so many people sooo good, I just can't ever see myself playing at their level.

From that big guy who holds the racket a little funny, to the tiny girl. To the anti-spin or long pips player. Other than the girl, they don't really even look professionally "trained", yet they all look really tough to beat.

Don't need to be depressed, you haven't played for that long.

You have text book style and non text book style.

Theoretically speaking, non text book style would have limitation in growth/progress. But then, you have some of the most non text book style players who have been top 10 in the world, including winning world championships.

End of the day, the person who always put the ball back on the table, won't loose.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
In USA national news Sergey Scoobie Doo Tsos of Team Tsos and Team Nexy wore hiz blue tiger uniform and won Champion of U2050 Div and Semis of U2250 Div in USA Meiklejohn Seniors Table Tennis Championships.Dude cashed out with hiz K1 rubbers just for showing up only one day... was like an appearance fee.

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
another video on the Ayano's channel, with some very big gueststars, WTF are they doing here ????

Hi Takkyu,

That team, PP Weekend, was in Div 5 for the 2022 *** TTC SV Teams Championships a week ago... a great tourney. They finished 2nd in Div 5.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016

Hi Takkyu,

That team, PP Weekend, was in Div 5 for the 2022 *** TTC SV Teams Championships a week ago... a great tourney. They finished 2nd in Div 5.

quite a lot of pro players in division 1 !!!
2 teams of French pros, english top players Pitchford / Drinkhall, and the US stars. Amazing they're here along with the amateurs !

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Yes, in USA, sometimes a private organizer raises some money (like the Chinese Los Angelas Community for LA Open) and they might get a pro or two to show up.

This tourney had multiple current pros... but it wasn't just that showing by a dozen pros that made the entire field ridiculously deep... There were also just as many, if not more 2500-2600 level players join teams that ended up in lower Div 1 upper Div 2... that level of player is only a few levels from bottom end of the pro pack...

So basically, all the pros and near pros joining teams pushed what would have been strong Div 2 into middle Div 3 and so on... such that Div 4 you need 2100+ players 4 deep on your team to have a CHANCE to finish top three in the division.

This not complaining, actually praise. You rarely can see such a deep field across divisions and watch pros in action vs near pros or other pros, a joy to watch.

I saw a couple of the Seoul Dae-Gwang High School Team there by themselves, so naturally, I struck a short conversation in Korean and encouraged them. They looked like freshman or sophmores... and both were EASILY 2500+ level on a bad day in a bad mood on poor sleep and skimpy rations for starters. Not saying that was the case for them, just saying worst case they play 2500+ minimum. They looked in good mood glad to be there.

One of them was Moon Se-Young and I think the other was Kim Min-Woo. I shoulda gotten pics.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
K1. Not H3. My whole world just collapsed.

I know, it is real tough to accept that one of the world's most renown H3 experts ditched H3 to play another rubber, almost the stuff of blasphemy. Still when one has mad H3 skills, one can play a semi-tacky rubber quite well... and Sergey has the skillz to use it.

Maybe Sergey is accumulating hiz used national versions of H3 to make a bait pile stack for Carl's secret trapdoor somewhere in Krooylin/Queenz NYC to attract and catch Goonies.

Anyone doubting Sergey's prowess with K1 can join him at the Russian Church here in South Sacramento Fridays and be on the other end of the table. You will block that topspin out time and time again and look at your rubber wondering what just happened and what is the major malfunction with ur rubber. You might do a visual check of your rubber for stuck bubble gum or other foreign sticky substances.

Serge or Der_Echte do not look like we applying much spin to the ball on our at the table opening topspins... but that ball be flying off ur bat like a bat outta you know where. That will cause you to review the security footage for hidden boosting or hidden Goon Squad Members. After opponents block out Sergey's opening topspin in doubles, I usually remark - "Sergey, your opponents seem to do that a LOT"

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Sergey uses a very vibraty OFF- to low OFF Donic Ovtcharov blade... it works for his kind of impact and spin first slower mentality. I have similar mentality, but I cannot use his blade, wrong feel and feedback for me.

Maybe I am not quite as good as Sergey.

(Fact Check... VERIFIED TRUE)

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Yes, in USA, sometimes a private organizer raises some money (like the Chinese Los Angelas Community for LA Open) and they might get a pro or two to show up.

This tourney had multiple current pros... but it wasn't just that showing by a dozen pros that made the entire field ridiculously deep... There were also just as many, if not more 2500-2600 level players join teams that ended up in lower Div 1 upper Div 2... that level of player is only a few levels from bottom end of the pro pack...

So basically, all the pros and near pros joining teams pushed what would have been strong Div 2 into middle Div 3 and so on... such that Div 4 you need 2100+ players 4 deep on your team to have a CHANCE to finish top three in the division.

This not complaining, actually praise. You rarely can see such a deep field across divisions and watch pros in action vs near pros or other pros, a joy to watch.

I saw a couple of the Seoul Dae-Gwang High School Team there by themselves, so naturally, I struck a short conversation in Korean and encouraged them. They looked like freshman or sophmores... and both were EASILY 2500+ level on a bad day in a bad mood on poor sleep and skimpy rations for starters. Not saying that was the case for them, just saying worst case they play 2500+ minimum. They looked in good mood glad to be there.

One of them was Moon Se-Young and I think the other was Kim Min-Woo. I shoulda gotten pics.

thanks for your explanations. its pretty cool there was a private donor for such an event.

------

Years ago, in Japan, the first venue where I played was in an office building in Central Tokyo (near JR Tamachi station). One floor was for a bowling, one for TT (maybe 500m2 ?), but the rest for offices iirc. I don't remember how i found it, maybe i just googled and tried to find the nearest place. The building was quite old and shabby and so was the venue, but there was a lot of space, a lot of tables, and even a corner with weights and training machines.

I thought it was odd to play in such a place and not in a big sports center ? I found it even more odd, when i learnt the former world champion Iseki was often there (i always saw him there when i came), and even more weird when i heard there would be an international tournament there with all the big stars !
I do remember seeing Persson and Primorac play on that day. Many others i don't remember because i wasn't familiar with pro player names at the time.

there were only maybe 100-200 viewers, the place wasn't really made for welcoming a lot of people.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this video ( or at least a portion of it) was filmed in this venue, the court is like 20-25% (?) of the floor space.

Then brutally that venue closed. The building was still operating. I think probably the building owner was a TT fan and running the whole thing at a loss [they were also selling shirts and stuff but no way they were making money...] just as a hobbyist and fan, and probably either his business went sour, or he simply passed away unfortunately.