Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
I take it that all of the seasonal leagues are closed now. What did it leave you with? How did your season end, were your expectations met and did you achieve what you planned? How are you training right now and what do you want for your next season?

As for me I reached my small goal for this season, which is winning over 33% of my games in the second regional league and getting to C8 level, which translates roughly to 1900 usttr. Ah and thats under the top 1000 in my country :)
I am quiet happy because I started beating 2k players on a regular bases and I am realizing more and more that there is still so much more to learn and that I suck really hard :D

I have been watching a ton of tabletennis content during the lockdown and am eager as *** to go out and play!

The big goal for the next season will be to hit 1200 ssttr or 2000 usttr and a over 60% winrate in the same league.
Technique and fitness goals are a bit too complex to put in here.

And most important I want to record all of my matches for the coming season.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
And thus, the new era of Swedish TT ultrasupremacy commenced...

The cheap table (Stiga Easy Up) was a whole lot better (and sturdy) than expected. I'm sure that they will get plenty of joy from it after all of this has passed. Works great with the small Joola robot as well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
I take it that all of the seasonal leagues are closed now. What did it leave you with? How did your season end, were your expectations met and did you achieve what you planned? How are you training right now and what do you want for your next season?
Our team has 5 important matches left from last season. We were close to fell down one league, because clubs have closed and 4 teams out of 12 would go down. In the year I performed as expected with close to zero practice at the table (one practice in a month on average) and poor endurance. 41% in regional first league. Next season my goal is 75%,which is I believe is totally realistic with practice. The ideal would be around 85%, but that's not too likely as I can be pretty inconsistent depending on my mood. However personal performance isn't as important as winning the league and upgrade to national 4th league which should be appr. the same level as regional A after clubs closing because of the covid19 (but it might be the oppsite case and a few stronger team might go down to Nat4th.
Right now I am only doing streches as I am sick, but during the quarantine in general I do shadow practice a lot and various physical training as well. Currently I am in a better shape than any time last season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boogar
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
After working 7 days in a row, I've got some breathing room now with few days off.
I practiced some serving yesterday, trying to get some curves on the ball as I can't get some in real life. :rolleyes:

Also tried filming in a new position, and trialed a new software to generate this video.

Enjoy the curves!
Advise or comments welcomed.

Still not consistent with the reverse serve.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Haha the title said THE OLD SCHOOL vs Defense...
Old school attack against classic defence :p
The best is always to adapt to the opponent, but I believe many of us either isn't consistent enough or isn't agile enough to copy the current top players and just wade through a chopper's defense.
Here is another video from The Chopper, which demonstrates the modern attack against defense by András Csaba, hungary's top young player:
(or at least which I consider a good modern attacking play against defense)

says Glad to be a part of this forum. I started TT as a real...
says Glad to be a part of this forum. I started TT as a real...
Apr 2020
I used to play as an activity but I recently joined TT gym in my area. So decided why not become a part of forums and learn from the best in the game?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
Does anyone know what is the market size of table tennis equipment in the world? It's been quite a long time I'm searching for some reliable number but cannot find, there is only few very expensive reports out there that not even sure the validity and reliability of them after receiving their example.
I would appreciate any answer or sources that i can find the answer.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I made a sample market analysis of the US Market for core TT goods, which I defined as TT rubbers, blades, apparel, and accessories. I left out tables and basement players buy tables and not much else... and they normally do not buy them in majority of cases from TT shops.

I determined that there were about 30,000 active playing TT people in USA. I know that is way higher than official membership, but so many do not want to pay $80 a year just to be counted.

Some buy a lot, some do not change rubbers for YEARS.

I estimated on average in aggregate, people spend $1,000 USD per year on TT gear. 30k x $1k USD is $30 Million USD.

There are a couple large outfits, Paddle Palace and BTY that get what I estimate to be a 2/3 share of the market.

Even Paddle Palace making $10 Million a year before expenses makes it a very small family business difficult to make much of it forever.

Globally, excluding China, I do not think there are even 20 million souls who love TT enough to pay for gear continuously... and I would be more conservative in the aggregate amount they spend a year... let's call it $500 USD to make it clean and even...

Given that situation, the world core market for TT goods could be $10 Billion USD and that is a shot in the dark.

You could also ask Prez Moon at tak9.com his annual revenue minus tables and multiply that by 50-60 to get a rough idea.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Old school attack against classic defence :p
The best is always to adapt to the opponent, but I believe many of us either isn't consistent enough or isn't agile enough to copy the current top players and just wade through a chopper's defense.
Here is another video from The Chopper, which demonstrates the modern attack against defense by András Csaba, hungary's top young player:

(or at least which I consider a good modern attacking play against defense)

I highly recommend anything with Matsushita if you're into defence.

Especially this one. He's like a wall.

Last edited:
Reactions: ajtatosmano2
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
No matches to play so I’ve gone into full EJ mode. Found both Rakza 7 and MX-P dirt cheap. Been trying out both for the last three weeks and my love for MX-P is growing stronger. I guess that it will go dead pretty soon but at 30€ that’s completely fine. Waiting for Tibhar to offer me sponsorship as I’m now officially using their stuff on both wings.

Rakza 7? Quite similar to MX-P actually but a bit too erratic sometimes. Some shots hit the net when they shouldn’t.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
No matches to play so I’ve gone into full EJ mode. Found both Rakza 7 and MX-P dirt cheap. Been trying out both for the last three weeks and my love for MX-P is growing stronger. I guess that it will go dead pretty soon but at 30€ that’s completely fine. Waiting for Tibhar to offer me sponsorship as I’m now officially using their stuff on both wings.

Rakza 7? Quite similar to MX-P actually but a bit too erratic sometimes. Some shots hit the net when they shouldn’t.

The people who use MX-P that I play against seem to have something extra on their loops. I think right now I have accepted that there is no big need for me to save money and that I can use expensive rubbers for months so I will probably try Dignics 09C soon and keep it on my blade for the rest of year if it works out - I am still using the Tenergy 05 Hard now with good feelings.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
The people who use MX-P that I play against seem to have something extra on their loops. I think right now I have accepted that there is no big need for me to save money and that I can use expensive rubbers for months so I will probably try Dignics 09C soon and keep it on my blade for the rest of year if it works out - I am still using the Tenergy 05 Hard now with good feelings.

MX-P sure produces a crazy kick when looping. I’m glad that my blade is only OFF- or the ball would leave the building.

I tried D09C on a friends setup a few days ago and to a novice like me it felt like a boosted H3 (super duper national blue sponge neo etc etc). Not my thing as my foot work and physique is too crappy to loop like a china man.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
MX-P sure produces a crazy kick when looping. I’m glad that my blade is only OFF- or the ball would leave the building.

I tried D09C on a friends setup a few days ago and to a novice like me it felt like a boosted H3 (super duper national blue sponge neo etc etc). Not my thing as my foot work and physique is too crappy to loop like a china man.
That doesn't sound good but I am hoping it is a bit faster than that. But I also play very close to the table so my needs are usually a bit different.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
mart1nandersson said:
... my love for MX-P is growing stronger. I guess that it will go dead pretty soon...

Well Martin, once you have used MX-P for three weeks and declared it dead enough that even an industrial sized defibrillator amd decades of medical training couldn't resuscitate it, then float it across the Atlantic on a turtle - our friend Scoobie Doo Sergey Tsos would love your dead sheet. He prefers how MX-P plays without tuner effect... he says it plays more stable and linear... I agree.

He uses some of my 5 yr old sheets in tourneys just fine wins matches vs 2100-2200 crowd with that. He is always looking for extra sheets of extra bats.

Reactions: yoass