Back to Forum
Page 539 of 541 FirstFirst ... 39439489529535536537538539540541 LastLast
Results 10,761 to 10,780 of 10803
  1. Richie is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 576 318
    R
    Richie is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 318 576

    User Info Menu

    #10761
    Quote Originally Posted by Lula



    If you moved better you would be able to play more attack all the time. Now you get the opening loop or attack one ball but the next ball you just play soft since you do not move the feet. How do you guys practice exercises? i think it is important at your level that the player that blocks go over and attack if you loop to easy, otherwise you will think that it works in a real match. And try to always go for the loop and not play soft, if you always go for the loop your feet will become faster. Keep up the good work!

    I think it's more that I sometimes don't anticipate where the push or where the next shot is going.

    We're playing for fun and don't always go full out on every point, we get a bit lazy and mess around like you saw in one of the points. We've played each other a billion times. Right now I train more of the stuff that I enjoy than that I necessarily need 😀. Probably would be good to practicing opening and getting a random block or soft ball without much pace. I always find it a bit difficult to move towards the table again after having moved out. Also, against Nicky, I know that he likes to drift away from the table so I can afford to play soft against him. Against a 2300 rated player I beat the other week I can't afford any soft balls. I don't beat him often (and I'm not at his level), but it's a completely different story there - I wish I had that match recorded.

    The Following 4 Users Like Richie's Post:

    Der_Echte, Lula and 2 others

    Last edited by Richie; 08-16-2021 at 09:58 PM.

  2. langel is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,054 2,211
    L
    langel is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,211 1,054
    #10762
    Quote Originally Posted by langel
    Varna Cup Final

    BTY how would you rank their USATT ratings?

    https://www.facebook.com/watch/live?...atch_permalink
    Now you can watch this match in 8K here


  3. Lula is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,381 1,660
    L
    Lula is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,660 1,381

    User Info Menu


    Oct 2016
    Sweden
    1,660
    1,381
    4440
    Read 0 Reviews
    #10763
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie
    I think it's more that I sometimes don't anticipate where the push or where the next shot is going.

    We're playing for fun and don't always go full out on every point, we get a bit lazy and mess around like you saw in one of the points. We've played each other a billion times. Right now I train more of the stuff that I enjoy than that I necessarily need 😀. Probably would be good to practicing opening and getting a random block or soft ball without much pace. I always find it a bit difficult to move towards the table again after having moved out. Also, against Nicky, I know that he likes to drift away from the table so I can afford to play soft against him. Against a 2300 rated player I beat the other week I can't afford any soft balls. I don't beat him often (and I'm not at his level), but it's a completely different story there - I wish I had that match recorded.





    Okey! always important to keep having fun! Maybe you can try doing some step-ins at multiball? I think many times you will not have the time to do small steps if the ball comes shorter.

    The Following User Likes Lula's Post:

    Richie, yoass


  4. Tinykin is offline
    says , "the older I get, the craftier I become"
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,088 1,325
    Tinykin's Avatar
    Tinykin is offline
    says , "the older I get, the craftier I become"
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,325 1,088
    #10764

    Controlled shot making

    Old man at work can sometimes move at decent pace. Watch Timo vs Irvin Bertrand at 07:56
    Last edited by Tinykin; 08-21-2021 at 10:32 AM. Reason: improve grammar
    My table tennis club in Bristol, England
    http://bristol-cssc-tabletennis.weebly.com/

  5. Richie is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 576 318
    R
    Richie is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 318 576

    User Info Menu

    #10765
    Played a tournament for the first time in 2-3 years yesterday. There were some nerves.. but they calmed down later in the day. I lost in the quarter finals 2-3. But I'm still happy with how I played, it was quite an epic match, got some nice points out of it, this being one of them:

    The Following 6 Users Like Richie's Post:

    jammmail, JeffM and 4 others

    Last edited by Richie; 08-23-2021 at 09:29 PM.

  6. SamTheMan is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 84 92
    SamTheMan's Avatar
    SamTheMan is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 92 84

    User Info Menu

    #10766
    Nice point!

    The Following User Likes SamTheMan's Post:

    Richie


  7. Der_Echte is offline
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 11,088 10,885
    Der_Echte's Avatar
    Der_Echte is offline
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 10,885 11,088

    User Info Menu

    #10767
    Wow !!! Wow !!!

    Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

    The Following User Likes Der_Echte's Post:

    Richie

    President, Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club. Hit us up on TTD or Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc

    Janitor at NexyUSA TT Equipment Shop
    http://www.nexyusa.com

    View our Lame Nexy USA corporate FB page
    http://www.facebook.com/nexyusa

  8. wheelbuilder is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 36 46
    wheelbuilder's Avatar
    wheelbuilder is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 46 36

    User Info Menu


    Jan 2021
    United States
    46
    36
    81
    Read 0 Reviews
    #10768
    Incredible. Nice work!

    Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

    The Following User Likes wheelbuilder's Post:

    Richie


  9. Takkyu_wa_inochi is offline
    says Disciple of OYA sensei
     
    Master TTD Member 3,622 3,292
    Takkyu_wa_inochi's Avatar
    Takkyu_wa_inochi is offline
    says Disciple of OYA sensei
     
    Master TTD Member 3,292 3,622
    #10769
    I had the privilege of playing with Adam Bobrow today. He is still in Tokyo. He offered me a best-of-3 game.

    Oh my, i was so nervous to be playing in front of his 500K subscribers, and i played really like shit in G1. to make it worse, i'm a slow starter and i didn't have time to warm up properly; but it was mostly nervousness.

    Adam was playing kindly and exhibition, ofc, trying to sting with his snakes or round the net balls, etc... but G1 i couldn't even get his tricky serves back and made so many mistakes.

    It was about to be a disaster as well in G2, but finally i managed to calm myself, and play a bit more relaxed. as a result, made a comeback and won G2 in deuce; maybe saving matchpoint iirc.

    he didn't step up his game, and i wasn't missing a lot of smashes against his lobbing, and as he wasn't attacking and let me play ...and...i had prepared for this match, by watching his YT videos ! i observed well and in 90% of the time his snakes goes in the direction where the racket ends ! so i anticipated well and killed most of his snakes LOL, i don't think he got even one on me.

    However, despite watching his serves, i made a lot of mistakes in G1 and at the end of the match with the nervousness.in G3, he still didn't want to step up his game, so it was as tight as G2. I came back from behind and got to deuce, he got a few matchpoints, but wasted them. Finally got one matchpoint but he got an edge iirc. and i missed a last topspin 16-18...

    tbh i didn't enjoy as much as i could have, i was afraid of being ridiculed ! and i wanted b4 the match but unable to execute some kind of trick shot to give him back some of his own medicine.finally i offered him a little present that i think he maybe he liked so much it might even be on his next VLOG !

    OFC Adam is popular everywhere so many fans wanted to play with him and Adam was happy to play with them. I feel though he's doing it very professionally. He's a YouTuber, and he's not playing to win ! i even saw him lose a couple matches. But he doesn't care and play the same. He just wants to try as many of his shots, and land as many as possible to put it on his channel. I saw him make a few nice round the nets or trademark wipe-windshield-FH-smash , or snakes ofc !anyway thank you Adam !! it's the highlight of my TT year.

    The Following 6 Users Like Takkyu_wa_inochi's Post:

    Gozo, jammmail and 4 others

    Last edited by Takkyu_wa_inochi; 08-25-2021 at 01:04 PM.

  10. Der_Echte is offline
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 11,088 10,885
    Der_Echte's Avatar
    Der_Echte is offline
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 10,885 11,088

    User Info Menu

    #10770
    Adam plays like that. He does not look to dominate.

    Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

    The Following User Likes Der_Echte's Post:

    Takkyu_wa_inochi

    President, Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club. Hit us up on TTD or Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc

    Janitor at NexyUSA TT Equipment Shop
    http://www.nexyusa.com

    View our Lame Nexy USA corporate FB page
    http://www.facebook.com/nexyusa

  11. NextLevel is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 13,500 9,162
    N
    NextLevel is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 9,162 13,500

    User Info Menu

    #10771
    Quote Originally Posted by Takkyu_wa_inochi
    I had the privilege of playing with Adam Bobrow today. He is still in Tokyo. He offered me a best-of-3 game.

    Oh my, i was so nervous to be playing in front of his 500K subscribers, and i played really like shit in G1. to make it worse, i'm a slow starter and i didn't have time to warm up properly; but it was mostly nervousness.

    Adam was playing kindly and exhibition, ofc, trying to sting with his snakes or round the net balls, etc... but G1 i couldn't even get his tricky serves back and made so many mistakes.

    It was about to be a disaster as well in G2, but finally i managed to calm myself, and play a bit more relaxed. as a result, made a comeback and won G2 in deuce; maybe saving matchpoint iirc.

    he didn't step up his game, and i wasn't missing a lot of smashes against his lobbing, and as he wasn't attacking and let me play ...and...i had prepared for this match, by watching his YT videos ! i observed well and in 90% of the time his snakes goes in the direction where the racket ends ! so i anticipated well and killed most of his snakes LOL, i don't think he got even one on me.

    However, despite watching his serves, i made a lot of mistakes in G1 and at the end of the match with the nervousness.in G3, he still didn't want to step up his game, so it was as tight as G2. I came back from behind and got to deuce, he got a few matchpoints, but wasted them. Finally got one matchpoint but he got an edge iirc. and i missed a last topspin 16-18...

    tbh i didn't enjoy as much as i could have, i was afraid of being ridiculed ! and i wanted b4 the match but unable to execute some kind of trick shot to give him back some of his own medicine.finally i offered him a little present that i think he maybe he liked so much it might even be on his next VLOG !

    OFC Adam is popular everywhere so many fans wanted to play with him and Adam was happy to play with them. I feel though he's doing it very professionally. He's a YouTuber, and he's not playing to win ! i even saw him lose a couple matches. But he doesn't care and play the same. He just wants to try as many of his shots, and land as many as possible to put it on his channel. I saw him make a few nice round the nets or trademark wipe-windshield-FH-smash , or snakes ofc !anyway thank you Adam !! it's the highlight of my TT year.

    Happy you got to play him and enjoyed it. I think people who hang around Adam get a different appreciation of his playing style and attempt to popularize than people who see him on YouTube. Trust me he is playing to win but he wants to win with his style not with the way the textbooks think you should win.

    The Following 3 Users Like NextLevel's Post:

    Richie, Takkyu_wa_inochi and 1 other

    Cobra Kai TT Exponent - No mercy in this dojo, no matter your rating or the score. All spin, no power or footwork.

    "We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

  12. Der_Echte is offline
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 11,088 10,885
    Der_Echte's Avatar
    Der_Echte is offline
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 10,885 11,088

    User Info Menu

    #10772
    NL !!! I almost thought the Taliban kidnapped you for secret experiments>>

    The Following 2 Users Like Der_Echte's Post:

    NextLevel and UpSideDownCarl

    President, Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club. Hit us up on TTD or Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc

    Janitor at NexyUSA TT Equipment Shop
    http://www.nexyusa.com

    View our Lame Nexy USA corporate FB page
    http://www.facebook.com/nexyusa

  13. NextLevel is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 13,500 9,162
    N
    NextLevel is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 9,162 13,500

    User Info Menu

    #10773
    Bought my tickets for the WTTC in Houston. It is a dream of mine to attend one of these so I was all over it when they said the event was being held in America - made the Women's World Cup in 2016 and I have been looking at going to a WTTTC since it has more matches and in a subtle way more stars, though the WTT seems to want to destroy the whole thing...

    All that said, if you are coming to Houston, hopefully we can hook up and I will see you there. Have to travel with family, but my wife lived in Houston before she moved in with me, so I suspect she will be entirely busy with things not table tennis, while I will literally spend every waking moment at the tournament when matches are being played or players are practicing.

    The Following 4 Users Like NextLevel's Post:

    Der_Echte, JeffM and 2 others

    Cobra Kai TT Exponent - No mercy in this dojo, no matter your rating or the score. All spin, no power or footwork.

    "We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

  14. t.t.s.t.a.r is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 10 69
    t.t.s.t.a.r's Avatar
    t.t.s.t.a.r is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 69 10
    #10774
    Quote Originally Posted by NextLevel
    Bought my tickets for the WTTC in Houston. It is a dream of mine to attend one of these so I was all over it when they said the event was being held in America - made the Women's World Cup in 2016 and I have been looking at going to a WTTTC since it has more matches and in a subtle way more stars, though the WTT seems to want to destroy the whole thing...

    All that said, if you are coming to Houston, hopefully we can hook up and I will see you there. Have to travel with family, but my wife lived in Houston before she moved in with me, so I suspect she will be entirely busy with things not table tennis, while I will literally spend every waking moment at the tournament when matches are being played or players are practicing.
    Awesome i wish I could go but I live on the other side of the world,
    Please update on which matches you get to watch

    The Following User Likes t.t.s.t.a.r's Post:

    Takkyu_wa_inochi


  15. Takkyu_wa_inochi is offline
    says Disciple of OYA sensei
     
    Master TTD Member 3,622 3,292
    Takkyu_wa_inochi's Avatar
    Takkyu_wa_inochi is offline
    says Disciple of OYA sensei
     
    Master TTD Member 3,292 3,622
    #10775
    I hope the competition will take place; we never know with this Covid news...
    I hope you'll have a great time and there will be more attendance than at the ITTF or WTT Qatar open

    The Following User Likes Takkyu_wa_inochi's Post:

    NextLevel


  16. yoass is offline
    says modestly attempting kōhaiship of Jeul-Tak
     
    Master TTD Member 2,422 2,524
    yoass's Avatar
    yoass is offline
    says modestly attempting kōhaiship of Jeul-Tak
     
    Master TTD Member 2,524 2,422
    #10776

    Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    First tournament! Veterans only.

    Played solidly, constant for six matches. One narrow loss, against a Russisn giant with the softest hands I’ve ever seen and disheartening retrieval to boot. I put good pace, spin on the ball; high pressure. What I got back was so slow and dead that it was either a second bounce or horribly close to the edge. Disastrous. Even so, I ended a convincing #1.

    More important than winning: played well, felt great, no injuries acting up. Good.

    The Following 5 Users Like yoass's Post:

    Der_Echte, JeffM and 3 others

    Last edited by yoass; 09-13-2021 at 02:54 PM.

  17. Richie is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 576 318
    R
    Richie is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 318 576

    User Info Menu

    #10777
    Quote Originally Posted by NextLevel
    Bought my tickets for the WTTC in Houston. It is a dream of mine to attend one of these so I was all over it when they said the event was being held in America - made the Women's World Cup in 2016 and I have been looking at going to a WTTTC since it has more matches and in a subtle way more stars, though the WTT seems to want to destroy the whole thing...

    All that said, if you are coming to Houston, hopefully we can hook up and I will see you there. Have to travel with family, but my wife lived in Houston before she moved in with me, so I suspect she will be entirely busy with things not table tennis, while I will literally spend every waking moment at the tournament when matches are being played or players are practicing.

    Awesome, you'll love it! I went to WTTTC in Halmstad with some guys from my club and it was such a nice experience. We went from Thursday to Sunday, the only regret I had is that we didn't stay the whole week. I also wish I could've seen the pros train. There the group stages didn't have much of an audience and you could watch the matches from closer up. It was so surreal to see Ma Long and all the other stars for real. And seeing TT at this level live in person is 1000x better than on screen.

    The Following 3 Users Like Richie's Post:

    JeffM, NextLevel and 1 other


  18. JeffM is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 826 605
    J
    JeffM is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 605 826

    User Info Menu

    #10778
    My knee has been getting better as I persist with the knee exercises.
    I don't think it is back to its baseline yet, but I have definitely improved its strength with the physio exercises.

    I did a similar exercise 2 years ago with penhold. That time it was all forehands.
    This time I am putting a backhand in the mix.

    Comments / feedback welcome.


  19. Der_Echte is offline
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 11,088 10,885
    Der_Echte's Avatar
    Der_Echte is offline
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 10,885 11,088

    User Info Menu

    #10779
    Played in the China Day National Foundation Table Tennis Teams Championships today. Of course, I coerced all the team members to get a professional looking uniform, including player, country, and team lettering. We had 2 groups of 4 teams and 2 advance to semi-finals.

    There were 5 teams strong enough in this field capable of winning it all. We had several team vs team matchups go to the final 5th deciding single's match. I was lucky or unlucky to be the final Singles player on the lineup card. Decent crowd that got into it cheering for my opponents. (Who likes watching a fat, 55 yr old dude run around the court and hit topspins anyway?) Both matches went to the final deciding set and I pulled away... but did that only after both opponents won hard fought sets to equalize.

    Had an especially difficult match vs a very skilled Medium Pips C-Pen operator, match see-sawed each game and I ended up with the same story, pulled away for a decisive win. I had a left handed doubles partner and we had to face the same C-Pen gent and his partner who would hit any dead ball in a rally into the next galaxy. We played efficiently and got through in straight sets to win the finals.

    Maybe update later when I get the pic forwarded to me of the winners presentation. Was a very satisfying tourney to see we could all pull it out, other team members had hard fought wins. We play all of our players and made the lineups to make a balance between getting everyone to play and playing to win. Hard to do that as tourney goes on as there is always pressure to write the lineup card to reflect the strongest players, but I wanted to make sure everyone had their chance to actually play and contribute.

    One of the team members is alread an active TTD member and the name of the team (Team TSOS) is none other than Scoobie Doo his self... who had damned well better register and start posting on this forum damn skippy ASAP.

    I hope the pics are visible to device users, not only PC users.




    The Following 5 Users Like Der_Echte's Post:

    AndyK, NextLevel and 3 others

    President, Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club. Hit us up on TTD or Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc

    Janitor at NexyUSA TT Equipment Shop
    http://www.nexyusa.com

    View our Lame Nexy USA corporate FB page
    http://www.facebook.com/nexyusa

  20. Der_Echte is offline
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 11,088 10,885
    Der_Echte's Avatar
    Der_Echte is offline
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 10,885 11,088

    User Info Menu

    #10780
    Adding pics newly acquired of winner's presentation. Our team pic with many of us smiling makes us look a lot younger. We look like 5 tigers there.



    The Following 2 Users Like Der_Echte's Post:

    t.t.s.t.a.r and Takkyu_wa_inochi

    President, Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club. Hit us up on TTD or Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc

    Janitor at NexyUSA TT Equipment Shop
    http://www.nexyusa.com

    View our Lame Nexy USA corporate FB page
    http://www.facebook.com/nexyusa

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.