says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Even though injured (with a positively grim outlook, at this point), I'm as smitten as you, Mart1n. A simple like button does no justice to this.

Ouch! What kind of injury?

The evening ended quite ok. I went 2-1. It feels really good to play league again. A small bit of normality in these strange times. I just found out that I will be working remotely until Q1/Q2 2021 so playing a bit of TT really saves my sanity.

Reactions: yoass and NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

The evening ended quite ok. I went 2-1. It feels really good to play league again. A small bit of normality in these strange times. I just found out that I will be working remotely until Q1/Q2 2021 so playing a bit of TT really saves my sanity.

Sanity is greatly underrated in these days of Covid19.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Sanity is greatly underrated in these days of Covid19.

True. TT is a small blessing in my social life right now. I don’t even get properly upset if I loose any more. I just genuinely enjoy the the brief company even though we’re told to leave the premises directly after the matches.

Reactions: JeffM
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews

Oh, still my neck hernia acting up. Same old same old, except that the pain levels go through the roof now, at times. In non-corona times the neurologists/neurosurgeons and the palliative party people might have been a bit more forthcoming. Or available at all.

Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I guess I ended out this thread on a bit of a downer. Let me unend it.

With an increased dosage of pain killers, I fel it worth a try to partner in a training session. After a few minutes, my FH became unhampered and I had a good training session, ending with a few practice matches with (for me) a solid level of play. I think I'll be playing again.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Another league evening and another 2-1 quota. Quite funny as their no1 took notice of my win some weeks ago when I beat the other team's no1 and scored a ridiculous amount of ranking points. He was a bit worried but didn't need to be as he thrashed me. My first encounter with a left handed high level player with short pips on BH. I had absolutely no weapons to counter this. Tomorrow I'm playing for another team two divisions up and will probably face off with the no1 in boys 12 in this country. Good thing that it won't be recorded :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Two league matches in two days = woke up with a quite severe tennis elbow for the first time in my life. Luckily I have an entire army of physios and quacks in my phonebook after a fairly long "career" in athletics. I'm desperate enough to even try out nonsense like dry needling and shock wave therapy (even though I know that stretching, rubber bands and stuff is the way to go). The feeling is that it's quite similar to runners knee that I'm fairly skilled at treating myself. Suggestions are greatly appreciated!

The matches last night were some of the best I've ever played. Two out of three players play in division 3 which is 2-3 levels above me. Division 3 is "national level" meaning people that can actually play TT. I lost all three matches 1-3 but was 11-10 in the fourth against one of the players. A lot of loop vs loop and loop vs chop. I would be quite happy to play such matches forever even though if I would loose them all. I guess that the level of play triggered the issue with the arm as I felt that I had to hit hard as hell as soon as I got a chance to attack.

Reactions: SamTheMan and yoass
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Tonight was the 2nd time I’ve been able to play!!! The training / coaching sessions that I used to go to before COVID lockdown kicked in have restarted:):)
tonight it was free play!!!!! no coaching!!!! matches against each other for the last 30 mins, it felt like a celebration of just being able to play again. Everyone’s spirits were high, joyous!!
It was great to see the other regulars at the session, it’s been about 5 1/2 months since we last played as a group.
another session is booked for Friday evening and I think this will be a free play session as well.
The hall has been booked as a block booking for the next 3 months, 2 nights a week, 4 tables 8 players. I think when news gets around the demand will rise, but Thamal the organiser has said that hopefully everyone will get 1 session each week, this week 6 of us are doing both sessions. Nice!!

Competitive local league matches are way off at the moment though.

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Tonight was the 2nd time I’ve been able to play!!! The training / coaching sessions that I used to go to before COVID lockdown kicked in have restarted:):)
tonight it was free play!!!!! no coaching!!!! matches against each other for the last 30 mins, it felt like a celebration of just being able to play again. Everyone’s spirits were high, joyous!!
It was great to see the other regulars at the session, it’s been about 5 1/2 months since we last played as a group.
another session is booked for Friday evening and I think this will be a free play session as well.
The hall has been booked as a block booking for the next 3 months, 2 nights a week, 4 tables 8 players. I think when news gets around the demand will rise, but Thamal the organiser has said that hopefully everyone will get 1 session each week, this week 6 of us are doing both sessions. Nice!!

Competitive local league matches are way off at the moment though.

So after a really good evening last night, I find myself waking up to the news that from Monday all social gatherings of more than 6 people indoors and outdoors are once again banned in England. So, at best the training sessions will be reduced to 6 players, could be worse!!!!
UK's infection rate is rising quickly again so something had to give.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 3 reviews
Anybody knows why I can't change blade and rubbers in personal details? After I press on save it start thinking and stack on this
Try this workaround:
click on your nickname on top,
choose "General Settings"
then you will have huge menu on the left, find "Edit profile" there
There you will have a lot of different fields including blade and rubbers
Don't forget to hit save there.

Reactions: yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
So after a really good evening last night, I find myself waking up to the news that from Monday all social gatherings of more than 6 people indoors and outdoors are once again banned in England. So, at best the training sessions will be reduced to 6 players, could be worse!!!!
UK's infection rate is rising quickly again so something had to give.

Isn't there an exclusion from the rule when it comes to "organised team sports"? Couldn't you argue that league TT falls into that category?

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Isn't there an exclusion from the rule when it comes to "organised team sports"? Couldn't you argue that league TT falls into that category?

Possibly, it's the venue sizes that seem to be the main issue. I think that there maybe minimum space / area / volume stipulations.
A lot of the 'national leagues' like the one the TTD Team play in would have to be re-formatted because they seem to hold the matches over a weekend at one venue, with multiple teams playing which could be an issue.
If it was team A v Team B only, there may be a better chance of having matches.