Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I can only do shadow practice, as usual. Just found another video of "our" (hungary) prodigy, Lizzy practicing. Enjoy. (EDIT: facebook video doesn't show. I will try to fix it)
[video]https://video.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t42.9040-2/96745644_259689861813281_3368412648319221760_n.mp4?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=985c63&efg=eyJybHIiOjMwMCwicmxhIjo5MDMsInZlbmNvZGVfdGFnIjoic3ZlX3NkIn0%3D&_nc_ohc=-_Mv-rzxTfcAX_3ItLj&rl=300&vabr=160&_nc_ht=video-iad3-1.xx&oh=bcf92da8e11195b43e1f085e8070f184&oe=5EB869F6[/video]
(EDIT2: that's the best I could do)

She looks pretty strong. But you are giving the CNT a head start when you post that kind of video...

How old is she?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
You gotta meet HeavySpin in real life... he used to play around Lula's level when he wasn't nearly as big,, now he is around 2000 level. He runs tourneys and in real life, is very very good with math stuff.

His sense of humor isn't for everyone, but for those who can get it, HeavySpin certain DOES have him a little wicked sense of humor going on.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Tried out the TSP Black Balsa 3.0 out of boredom tonight. This is the most strange blade I have ever tried. I slapped on a fairly new sheet of MX-P on the blade and while playing against one of the better kids (national mini cadets) he just started laughing at me. He said that it felt like the ball was coming towards him in slow motion. The blade is 3mm thick and it seriously belt like it was going to break while looping or smashing. Flex has a completely new meaning to me.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Tried out the TSP Black Balsa 3.0 out of boredom tonight. This is the most strange blade I have ever tried. I slapped on a fairly new sheet of MX-P on the blade and while playing against one of the better kids (national mini cadets) he just started laughing at me. He said that it felt like the ball was coming towards him in slow motion. The blade is 3mm thick and it seriously belt like it was going to break while looping or smashing. Flex has a completely new meaning to me.

TT11 says the blade is 4.6mm thick. I suspect the core is 3.0mm thick. 4.6mm is still really thin. But usually when Balsa blades list a number, that is the thickness of the Balsa core not the whole blade. Like for a TSP Balsa 6.5, the core is 6.5mm not the whole blade thickness. So, if TT11 is listing the thickness of the TSP Black Balsa 3.0 as 4.6mm, I suspect that the 3.0 here also refers to the thickness of the core.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
TT11 says the blade is 4.6mm thick. I suspect the core is 3.0mm thick. 4.6mm is still really thin. But usually when Balsa blades list a number, that is the thickness of the Balsa core not the whole blade. Like for a TSP Balsa 6.5, the core is 6.5mm not the whole blade thickness. So, if TT11 is listing the thickness of the TSP Black Balsa 3.0 as 4.6mm, I suspect that the 3.0 here also refers to the thickness of the core.

I’d argue that TT11 is wrong. I only have a measuring tape but it’s clearly closer to 3.0 than 4.6. This includes the core, fiber glass and outer ply. I guess that this is a blade which truly is for classical defenders that chop and chop only on both wings. It did chop very well with P1R which normally is quite tricky to “rip chop” with. 100% control. Very cool looking blade.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I’d argue that TT11 is wrong. I only have a measuring tape but it’s clearly closer to 3.0 than 4.6. This includes the core, fiber glass and outer ply. I guess that this is a blade which truly is for classical defenders that chop and chop only on both wings. It did chop very well with P1R which normally is quite tricky to “rip chop” with. 100% control. Very cool looking blade.

Okay. You have it in your hand and I don't. A blade that is close to 3.0mm is pretty thin. That probably has a crazy amount of flex even with the fiberglass. I would love to see how that feels.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Okay. You have it in your hand and I don't. A blade that is close to 3.0mm is pretty thin. That probably has a crazy amount of flex even with the fiberglass. I would love to see how that feels.

It's a quite strange feeling when hitting hard. It feels like it's about to break (which is also amplified by the sound which is very low pitch). I really like the craftmanship. Some Victas blades that I've tried have been so and so but this is extremely smooth like what you would expect from Butterfly.

The Swedish distributor lists this blade as 4mm and 69 grams but this one weighs in at 50g.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
Yipeeee

Today I hit the ball for the first time for 3 months
With all TT clubs closed, we found an outdoor table at some restaurant.

The table was strangely smaller than official tables, both in width and length, it was not in good condition, there was a tree near the table and some wind, but it was better than nothing !

We both played pretty badly, i couldn't hit more than 3 - 4 (slow) FH in a row even when doing FH to FH...
We switched quickly to BH diagonal where it was better. I had a lot of trouble with basics like BH/FH transition, late footwork and body out of sync.

But in the last 25% of the session finally i realized that the angle of my bat in my waiting position in BH was too vertical, I closed it and finally the quality of my balls became much much better at least from BH side, good brush and good spin, speed and timing.

I couldn't expect much better after 3months without training and playing in these conditions.

Of course we were playing wearing masks... not comfortable at all !

despite that, we're both happy today !

Reactions: Boogar
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
I'm so sorry to find your reply late, still not use to work with this website well. Thank you very much for the information and nice way of estimating the market. So Paddle Place revenue is 10 Million a year? Sure will talk with him soon actually we are in touch with each other and made a contract with them too thanks to you and your connection that providing for us. Hope to see you soon after this outbreak.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I'm so sorry to find your reply late, still not use to work with this website well. Thank you very much for the information and nice way of estimating the market. So Paddle Place revenue is 10 Million a year? Sure will talk with him soon actually we are in touch with each other and made a contract with them too thanks to you and your connection that providing for us. Hope to see you soon after this outbreak.

That is my estimate for core good, excluding tables.

Don't expect much business with your product in USA, there is not much of a market there. You got maybe 30,000 or so who play seriously in USA... you would have to estimate how many would be willing to buy your setup... given that not so many are taking lessons, the market outlook in USA is pretty bleak and not big business at all.

You have more chances in a dozen Korean clubs than you do in the entire USA.

Reactions: FastPong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
You are right. In Asia we are targeting only table tennis clubs and organization because almost no one has ping pong table at home but we might have another market in the USA which is individual who has ping pong table at their house and that's how we receive quite a lots of inquiry from individual in USA (maybe its because of Corona though).

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
You are right. In Asia we are targeting only table tennis clubs and organization because almost no one has ping pong table at home but we might have another market in the USA which is individual who has ping pong table at their house and that's how we receive quite a lots of inquiry from individual in USA (maybe its because of Corona though).

Now the number of USA households with a table... hard to quantify, but there are WAY more people in USA who play at home at a way below club level and do not mind.

SOME of that crowd may want to get better, and even a TINY percentage of that crowd is way larger than the active club playing crowds.

If this segment of this market were somehow to perceive FastPong's product as cool and desireable, he might have something going in USA garages and basements. That market has potential that USATT (the national TT organization) has failed to tap into. Maybe FastPong could figure it out.

Reactions: FastPong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Table tennis live on national TV is not something that happens every day (or every year even). The video can be found on ITTF's facebook page. SVT seem to have locked their stream (which is much higher quality) to Sweden only.

Truls destroyed Falck. 4-0. His recent sparring with Dima in Stockholm really seems to have paid off.

Linda Bergström won the womens match. Quite impressive as she only changed from Curl P1R to Spin Pips Chop 2 just some weeks ago.