Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I don't understand why everyone thinks you need to play attacking table tennis on a consistent basis to play seriously. Bobrow's best game is his lobbing game.

This may be a better way of saying what I was trying to get across. :)

Reactions: NextLevel
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Yup.
7e4186487829d1c935ae8759e34821cb.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
Hey guys, I am looking for this shirt, as shown in tabletennis11, https://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/nittaku-t-shirt-sun-sun-black-2092
but somehow, before it even arrives in that store, it has changed to "This product was discontinued and would no longer be available".
In my desperate attempt to find another one, I found this website: https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/sportsguide/item/10034962/
I am very inexperienced in online shopping, and would really appreciate if someone can tell me if this website is legit, or if they can find another store that sells that shirt (in black colour, medium size).

Many thanks

Edit:
it seems like it cant be shipped to Australia directly, it says: This product cannot be shipped directly to
au.gif
Australia from the store. Please use a package forwarding service >> Learn more

Don't understand what this package forwarding service mean..

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Even when i brush the ball with FH i feel i don't have as much spin as BH, and not so good feeling, but when i see the opponent missing the block because of the spin, its actually ok.

Whatever you can find to improve the spin is good, personally i don't think hitting center or tip of racket is the most important detail, hitting with the tip in FH you risk losing control a bit and increase the number of times you hit the edge of the racket. I think you can develop spin with better timing, arm speed, using your waist , legs etc...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Even when i brush the ball with FH i feel i don't have as much spin as BH, and not so good feeling, but when i see the opponent missing the block because of the spin, its actually ok.

Whatever you can find to improve the spin is good, personally i don't think hitting center or tip of racket is the most important detail, hitting with the tip in FH you risk losing control a bit and increase the number of times you hit the edge of the racket. I think you can develop spin with better timing, arm speed, using your waist , legs etc...

Sure, but in the end, you try to squeeze as much out of your technique as possible and I can see the spin from the improved contact and I even find that I am probably not hitting the actual tip but my contact has improved even on my backhand. And it all depends on how far from the tip I am. Remember that some people can play table tennis with rackets the size of a lollipop and topspin, so it isn't as hard to be closer to the tip as long as you practice and modify your technique.

This user has no status.
well for BH i think it take it a bit closer from the tip than FH, it must explain why its more spinny, i have a better and earlier timing and i also hit on the side of the ball which helps me hitting a little bit away from the center.

FH i have other issues to fix than just spin.. I need to work more on consistency and improving the general technique . I make some mistakes - bad stance, sometimes elbow (arm) not synchro with the body...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
well for BH i think it take it a bit closer from the tip than FH, it must explain why its more spinny, i have a better and earlier timing and i also hit on the side of the ball which helps me hitting a little bit away from the center.

FH i have other issues to fix than just spin.. I need to work more on consistency and improving the general technique . I make some mistakes - bad stance, sometimes elbow (arm) not synchro with the body...

I have all those issues with my forehand too... but I have to work on something and get better at something. I am working hard on my technique and usage of the body and my footwork, but I have a practice partner who really believes I can get a lot out of my game if my power forehand has more spin. So I have made it a project. I might even try Tenergy 05 Hard as part of the project. But hitting closer to the tip seems to have added something. I don't have to hit the ball as hard to get quality and when I go harder, I get silent spin contact with power.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I don't worry about where on the bat to hit the ball except to try to hit the ball on the bat... and in the center if possible. Less chance of missing. Der_Echte is not good enough to make the ball consistently contact somewhere else, except the edge of blade.

t95mwp had a short hit with me and saw some of the BH topspin. If you play him, do not push short or middle to his BH, he has a hybrid elbow hinge BH shot of his own that will be a consistent attack.

It feels like a natural shot making the different kinds of BH.

On FH, I have a modified grip to make the most of the whip and a way to return it back to neutral. I cannot measure the increase in spin, but it is significant if I strike it that way.

On BH, I feel the difference in spin is how I contact the ball and finish whip with wrist.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I'm not consciously focusing on impact zone, but I do notice a distinctive coin-sized wear pattern on both BH and FH, pretty much exactly midcenter of the blade.

I do get different spin levels, but to my impression on both wings. Up to a certain extent, this is by choice (varying whip and contact, as noted), but I also find I'm not absolutely capable of having all options at all times; sometimes I'm just pressured too much for that. Old man footwork and all that.

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
NextLevel said:
I ... I don't have to hit the ball as hard to get quality and when I go harder, I get silent spin contact with power.
That is the ultimate sign of the "Catch and Throw" as opposed to banging it. It means you had great touch and perfect timing of acceleration at impact.

This user has no status.
Spinart after 11 weeks.jpgT80 after 11 weeks.jpg

this is my current bat, i changed the rubbers almost 3 months ago. i can see the wear on the rubbers. On my BH side, the hitting spot seems more concentrated than on the FH side, and its less central a bit above the center, slightly shifted to the right. On the FH its more central and the area seems a bit wider.

I think it confirms my impression that my technique in BH is more advanced and stable than in FH. I can put more spin with my BH, and I'm always trying to spin the ball. On the FH I'm going for more control and try to hit the ball in the center but obviously I hit the ball more randomly

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
View attachment 20580View attachment 20582

this is my current bat, i changed the rubbers almost 3 months ago. i can see the wear on the rubbers. On my BH side, the hitting spot seems more concentrated than on the FH side, and its less central a bit above the center, slightly shifted to the right. On the FH its more central and the area seems a bit wider.

I think it confirms my impression that my technique in BH is more advanced and stable than in FH. I can put more spin with my BH, and I'm always trying to spin the ball. On the FH I'm going for more control and try to hit the ball in the center but obviously I hit the ball more randomly

Your racket looks like mine - better BH contact than forehand contact. Now, I am working on 3 things with my forehand:

1. Syncing body and arm rotation.
2. Improving the contact point on the racket on well positioned strokes (I find that the close to the body shots where I can't get a good swing I cannot control the contact as well).
3. Improving my use of the fingers on the forearm snap to have a good grip for maximum whip.

The contact may not be important but I am looking for every extra bit of quality. In the end, you have to find the small things and hope they add up. People are telling me that I take the ball too late on the forehand side so that may join the list as well.

https://youtu.be/xQcJotAjrb0

That is the latest training video.

Reactions: Boogar
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Jokas oughta look at how the hips are more open on a lot of those "late" impacts... Where NL is impacting a lot of them (as proven by the ball having a LOT of energy transferred). NL is impacting in the middle to deep part of effective impact zone relative to where his hips are squared. What part of zone he impacts is determining if he is smoking the ball down the FH line or not. Where NL is not turning hips and hitting it to coaches BH, NL is actually impacting in the front portion of effective strike zone relative to where hips are squared towards.

Where NL was not expecting the ball to go to his BH, he actually had a lot more late impacts behind his effective zone on that BH wing much more than the FHs.