Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Here are some rallies from the final match ... you can see me sitting to the left of the umpire ..

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fpong4lifer%2Fvideos%2F137903820399510%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true"></iframe>

This user has no status.
Sooo.. nothing? Ive been away making a baby, for like a YEAR.. and NOTHING new? Still ”how do i boost my mamas car with pepsi?”????

Man.. ☹️

[emoji6]

I have not moved one step in 9 months. Gone up 12kg, landing just short of the 100mark. Felt I needed a grand big ol reward to get me back on track.
See ya soon! [emoji8]
e35617810ea7b1ce2b2e296d7d4ccac8.jpg

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Lost a match at 11-9 in 5th...opponent made 4 winners in all 3 games he won... I was beyond pissed off.

Still, gotta hand it to opponent for playing shrewd and noticing I wasn't high percentage. He played a better risk management game than I did, so I earned my result.

Damn it bites, if I can ever manage to play more than 2 times a week that will improve.

Still, I am overall playing a different high quality using the ALL+ Lissom and a dynamic rubber. (Trying out a sheet of Vega Pro erm slapped on my blade when I wasn't looking.)

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
This user has no status.
So. Got the things all glued up.
Im looking forward to seeing how I can’t handle this setup. Balls flying everywere.. ✌️[emoji24]

[emoji23]

Good weight to the blade. (Still no Banda) [emoji849]

c432ccf58ac113826918123d9cf01577.jpg

c30e834b96a86891dc2d4e397e435d98.jpg

Rubbers cut and uncut. (For cpen mind you)

7f0795ac271edcf9ba784c265450aba4.jpg

6a7f9b1552c6cff322b43ef4a73bacbe.jpg

c9678831bc769886146186500b65b1aa.jpg

c057bcd959bb29b08943dae544022594.jpg

Over all the setup is still a little head heavy.
Im sure thats a good thing. [emoji51]

Wish me luck. Ill need it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Welcome back penholder brother Liten! Congratulations on the future penholder!!

So. Got the things all glued up.
Im looking forward to seeing how I can’t handle this setup. Balls flying everywere.. ✌️[emoji24]

[emoji23]

Good weight to the blade. (Still no Banda) [emoji849]

cache.php

cache.php

Rubbers cut and uncut. (For cpen mind you)

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

Over all the setup is still a little head heavy.
Im sure thats a good thing. [emoji51]

Wish me luck. Ill need it.

Skickat från min SPYPhone med Tapatalk

I have slowly adapted to the weight of 2 inverted sheets and started learning/playing RPB. Sometimes my fingers ache. I don't have a scale to weigh my setup but 187g!?!?!?!? WOW!!

Good luck Liten with the setup as well as the future penholder!

Reactions: Liten
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
so i went alone this time to the TT facility. I first found an old lady whos a good sparring partner to me but she got tired quickly. Fortunately she kindly asked for a young guy alone (in a group of 3) to play with me, and he couldn't say no...

The guy was quite good, better than me. We drilled for 30 minutes. We did a simple drill, i served short, and he was trying to push or attack to my BH side then free. I really excelled in this one, fantastic BH blocks or counterloops. I felt like Waldner and scoring 80%+ of the time and he was feeling a bit disgusted. However, when we did free balls, and his receives were all over the table, so I didn't know in advance where the ball was coming, I was making a lot of mistakes and obviously he was the better player and i was then losing 70% of the points ?

it was frustrating so i asked for a match hoping that motivation and adrenaline would help do better than this. The first 2 sets were no surprise. In the first i managed to get to 7 all but then on my serve i didn't play well and he finished me 7-11. The 2nd was even more of a disaster 5-11. I found myself too slow to react, and decided that I had to play more actively and attack more with my FH to create more chances. It did work, and i started winning some good rallies and placed a few FH attacks and even 1 or 2 counter FH. I managed to win the set 11-9.

In the 4th I started to feel slow again, and i served less well. So I was punished again. So just one good set.

The lesson here is that there is a big difference when i know where the ball is coming and can play my shots - but in a match its not like this, so the focus should be on watching the ball and get ready more quickly - and a big difference when i make the effort to be even more active, and that needs to change the mindset totally.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Tuesday night

Played 3 matches and despite the losses, learnt some things about myself, in which case, i didn't lose!

1. vs Y - It was the first match of the night for me on a table where generally the 1800-1900's play. I waited my turn and as there was a lot of people waiting, Y was next after me, so the King of the Table took a break and I played Y.

He is a SH with LP on his BH and is about 2 levels above me. Have played him a few times in the past and lost them all. One recent match though, i won the first game 21-19! He has been repeatedly complimenting and encouraging my change to the RPB style.

Lost 3-0, mostly at 5 or 6. Lately I'm noticing that I have no FH loop ... been concentrating on RPB so much. My FH loop was inconsistent to begin with, so no surprise for me. I had a 2 RPB smash winners and 1 FH smash winner. My RPB overall was at 50% vs him though. I started RPB pushing instead of TPB pushing. Very weird feeling/stroke for me for now LOL

Lesson for me continues to be 'Slow down; relax; don't rush my shots'.

2. vs. MSH - a friend who is about the same or 1 level above me ... we have close games generally, never beaten him before. First game I jumped out to a 5-0 lead and then lost it at 7 or so. Lost the next 2 about 6. I used mostly RPB vs him. I had 2 RPB smash winners and 2 RPB loop winners. My RPB was about 60% vs him.

After the match, he told me something i knew already, I rush my shots. Slow down and relax. His advice is, I should rather return one more ball and maybe get killed than kill myself and not make the shot.

3. vs P - a friend who is almost my level
. Generally I should beat him. I concentrated on RPB vs him.

My RPB was about 50%. Won first 2 close... then lost next 3 close ... despite the loss, this match was good for me ... i was RPB punching and blocking ... not perfect form/technique, but slowly getting TPB out of my system. Although there were 5 shots I muscle memory TPB in the 5 games. I had a few RPB smashes and a few RPB loops with 1 a whip loop - very cool. I also was consciously trying to just return the ball as mentioned by MSH.

The takeaways for me from this match was slowly able to integrate RPB punch/block into my matchplay and to play steady and return the ball.

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
The lesson here is that there is a big difference when i know where the ball is coming and can play my shots - but in a match its not like this, so the focus should be on watching the ball and get ready more quickly - and a big difference when i make the effort to be even more active, and that needs to change the mindset totally.

I suspect many of us suffer from this ... easy to say, hard to do. After my long break from TT, I have been mainly practicing with little matchplay. Lately I have started up matchplay again and many at my club who see me practice think of me at one level and am surprised that during matchplay i am about 2 levels below if not more ... my serve receive is a weakness and I rush my shots. Hope to get my matchplay level up to my practice level one day LOL

Good luck Sir and thank you for your progress report!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Do you practice playing points ? without counting them that is ...
I suspect many of us suffer from this ... easy to say, hard to do. After my long break from TT, I have been mainly practicing with little matchplay. Lately I have started up matchplay again and many at my club who see me practice think of me at one level and am surprised that during matchplay i am about 2 levels below if not more ... my serve receive is a weakness and I rush my shots. Hope to get my matchplay level up to my practice level one day LOL

Good luck Sir and thank you for your progress report!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Do you practice playing points ? without counting them that is ...

Not really, at least not yet ... we sometimes serve and 3rd ball attack ... so i or partner will say return the ball here and we practice our 3rd ball attack knowing where the ball will be returned ... and i still rush then - lol at me

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
... few things you can try ... works for me ... is to practice deep breathing before playing each point .. and also include a routine in your game play where you shake your hands before starting the point ... if you look closely some pros, they regularly do this ... they will fan themselves using the blade before serving and jiggling their hand before getting ready to receive ... it helps in releasing the tension in the forearm muscles ...
Not really, at least not yet ... we sometimes serve and 3rd ball attack ... so i or partner will say return the ball here and we practice our 3rd ball attack knowing where the ball will be returned ... and i still rush then - lol at me

This user has no status.
Welcome back penholder brother Liten! Congratulations on the future penholder!!

I have slowly adapted to the weight of 2 inverted sheets and started learning/playing RPB. Sometimes my fingers ache. I don't have a scale to weigh my setup but 187g!?!?!?!? WOW!!

Good luck Liten with the setup as well as the future penholder!

Thanks man!
Good on you, the RPB will be a good alt to your already developed traditional penhold game.

Is 187g heavy?
It felt just about right to me. :)
The banda setup took me way past 200g a few years back..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Thanks man!
Good on you, the RPB will be a good alt to your already developed traditional penhold game.

Believe it or not, I've actually lost my TPB punch/block after i took up RPB!! Not sure why LOL

Is 187g heavy?

For me it would be. As RPB is new for me and being used to one rubber only, i cannot begin to imagine RPB with SH racket LOL

It felt just about right to me. :)
The banda setup took me way past 200g a few years back..

Skickat från min SPYPhone med Tapatalk

Just as long as you feel good with it and not causing pain. Looking forward to your progress reports!

Reactions: Liten
This user has no status.
Believe it or not, I've actually lost my TPB punch/block after i took up RPB!! Not sure why LOL

For me it would be. As RPB is new for me and being used to one rubber only, i cannot begin to imagine RPB with SH racket LOL

Just as long as you feel good with it and not causing pain. Looking forward to your progress reports!

Overall weight is 10g more than my previous setup. (Tibhar Stratus Power wood.) We will see how my hand handles those extra grams. Should be fine.