Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

This user has no status.
lol one is a very amateur player and one is a professional player, guess who ?

My Apologies, just wanted to make sure.
If i heard correctly, The Guy in black is the coach and Blue is you.
The coach gave a you a compliment around 16:00 for the nice push.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
yes, he is a good coach, he knows that he needs to cheer his student !

his name is Hidetoshi OYA (大矢 秀俊), there is plenty of videos of him on YouTube, and you can see his stats on ITTF site for example.

yeh the swipe push is quite new for me, i'm trying to follow the advices given in the WRM video by the Chinese coach Meng. it seems I have a good feeling for it ! i was surprised i made some really good shots and so was OYA. But maybe its just beginner's luck. I need to practice more and see if i'm able to do it under pressure during a match.

If you see the WRM video, MENG explains that the good thing about this receive is that it can work against whatever incoming spin, and you can aim any side of the table, but it helps if the serve is low, the receive is more tricky to do against a higher ball (better to do a chiquita, FH flick, stop or a normal push)

This user has no status.
yes, he is a good coach, he knows that he needs to cheer his student !

his name is Hidetoshi OYA (大矢 秀俊), there is plenty of videos of him on YouTube, and you can see his stats on ITTF site for example.

yeh the swipe push is quite new for me, i'm trying to follow the advices given in the WRM video by the Chinese coach Meng. it seems I have a good feeling for it ! i was surprised i made some really good shots and so was OYA. But maybe its just beginner's luck. I need to practice more and see if i'm able to do it under pressure during a match.

If you see the WRM video, MENG explains that the good thing about this receive is that it can work against whatever incoming spin, and you can aim any side of the table, but it helps if the serve is low, the receive is more tricky to do against a higher ball (better to do a chiquita, FH flick, stop or a normal push)

I also watch WRM videos and it has helped me quite a lot. My favorite was the YG serve video and the equipment review they do. The Side push is a nice way to receive because you are hitting the side where the spin is less. It saved me quite a bit when i had no idea what type of serve my opponent gave me. Gave me a few pop ups when given a corkscrew type of spin.

ill check Coach Oya out on YT.

Enjoy :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
How are you all doing during this complicated time?

Are you still able to play somewhere?

For me Training stopped, started and stopped again... I still teach some tt courses to beginner kids. So I still have some time on the table.

I hope you are all safe

Boogar

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

For me Training stopped, started and stopped again... I still teach some tt courses to beginner kids. So I still have some time on the table.

I hope you are all safe

Boogar

I am doing okay over here. Have to be grateful for ny current circumstances. Great to hear you are doing okay too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020

I hope you are all safe

Boogar

Here October, November lock-down, no amateur training inside. Start of December release. Tomorrow 5th and last :-( training before another coming lock-down.

It will pass...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 3 reviews
Is it possible to reach the dynamism of new Tenergy 05 after using it for a month?

Even though I boost T05 with 2 layers of Haifu Seamoon booster, it doesn't become the same level like new. The new T05 is like doing everything by itself. Easy to spin, very quick etc... I must admit that after booster, rubber gets little bit fast but mushy and heavy with maybe little less throw angle.

Is there a formula to achive that?

CLT-L09 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Last edited:
This user has no status.

I hope you are all safe

Boogar

More on private areas unfortunately

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
I am doing okay over here. Have to be grateful for ny current circumstances. Great to hear you are doing okay too.

Glad to hear you are alright. How is your health?

Only good thing about this lockdown is the ever growing motivation to play tt :)

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
As you all probably know, it’s got worse here in the UK, new COVID variant, which is highly infectious, and today they announced that a 3rd variant , from South Africa has also entered the UK!!!
The area I live in is now in lockdown for Christmas.
The government also reckon that it won’t be until July for enough vaccinations to be administered to really have an effect on the virus. So looks like next year won’t be easy either!!

KEEP SAFE everyone.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Glad to hear you are alright. How is your health?

Only good thing about this lockdown is the ever growing motivation to play tt :)

Health is decent - knees suck badly, but bigger fish to fry. Have kids now. After being in great shape in August, I have now lived it up a bit with the stress and combined that with bad sleep and not training has led to me dropping a lot of form. Will need to training to get sharp. And will need to drop 10lbs likely.

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Health is decent - knees suck badly, but bigger fish to fry. Have kids now. After being in great shape in August, I have now lived it up a bit with the stress and combined that with bad sleep and not training has led to me dropping a lot of form. Will need to training to get sharp. And will need to drop 10lbs likely.

10lbs, lucky you !!! I need to loose about 28 minimum!!! Sod’s law says I ‘ll pick up your 10lbs !!

So glad I have a table to practice on, my serves have improved a lot, different types and variations, but by no means perfect!!! But starting to get bedded in now, consistency improving. This has still taken 6 months of serve practice about 3 times a week for an hour or so.
Also my general FH technique is improving, flick returns to backspin serves is better, but robots are one thing and actual people another!!!
overall I would say that I’ve improved slightly during this pig of a year, coach might say otherwise!!
At present proper training is a non starter, just have to see what next year brings!!

hope you get back to training soon and that you and the family stay well.

Reactions: NextLevel
says Hi, I am a life-long table tennis enthusiast and...
says Hi, I am a life-long table tennis enthusiast and...
Mar 2014
The sedentary lifestyle (working from home) has resulted in +10 lbs for me as well, despite being able to play TT 3-4 times weekly !!

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I waz seriously giggling at Next Level's confession. Anyone following him knows how he talks and thinks. I am not too worried about NL being able to get it back when he wants, he is capable.

My confession is that in March 2020, I had one of my best tourney performances ever, confirming I belonged in the higher rating class I had become... and I did that weighing over 245 US lbs, and despite that, the knees felt as good as ever, and even plus more than that, I could get to balls I could never get to when I was in Korea weighing 190 lbs.

For reference, the several times NL had seen me live in person, I was maybe 200-210 lb range.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016

I hope you are all safe

Boogar

Hello All!

I avoided this forum when lockdown took place in NYC mid-March 2020. I knew visiting here would make me miss TT even more. Going on almost a year now, my club has not reopened yet. Even if it did reopen, I won't be going to play. I live with my 85 yr old mom and don't want to risk anything.

I was on track for losing 15-20 lbs last year even with the lockdown. I eased up a bit June/July and net net lost only ~10 lbs in 2020.

Not sure when I will be playing again, but dread that first night, first week, first month. I expect I have to regain my timing, feel, touch, and some strokes. I hope i still have my FH smash though LOL

Hope DTTCCers are healthy and safe!

~osph

Early on I was doing footwork, shadowing strokes and serves, and visualization, but as the days became months, my interest in TT waned :(

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016

OH WOW! CONGRATULATIONS SIR!!!

#FatherhoodFTW

Good luck with everything!

~osph

Reactions: NextLevel