Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Remember backhand flicks off serves are not usually for winners, it's to get the first attack in and put pressure on your opponent, it's the 4th ball is usually the money one.
Yup, the 4th ball from a BH flip should be a prime candidate for a strong shot vs Scoobie Doo... and he gets a lot of those back too.

You have to pound in the wood stake, use the silver bullet, dump 5 mg of crushed garlic over him, and even then wait for the morning sun.

That is pretty much what it takes to win a point vs Scoobie if you can flip his serve.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Yup, the 4th ball from a BH flip should be a prime candidate for a strong shot vs Scoobie Doo... and he gets a lot of those back too.

You have to pound in the wood stake, use the silver bullet, du-mp 5 mg of crushed garlic over him, and even then wait for the morning sun.

That is pretty much what it takes to win a point vs Scoobie if you can flip his serve.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I do think you are trying to hit the ball past him and that I think is a mistake. We have similar styles but you are better off treating him as a defender and just playing rally shots or spin shots repeatedly.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
I've been watching some of the streams from the tournament that Lula's club is running this week.

A 10(?) year old from Japan really caught my eye. You'll see him in the bottom player (if this is accessible outside of Sweden) at the 2:58 mark. Matsushima. Hardly tall enough to reach up to the table but plays brilliantly!

http://www.rpmedia.se/2019/02/13/youplay-channel/

(There're also some matches with Truls if anyone is into that kind of thing)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I've been watching some of the streams from the tournament that Lula's club is running this week.

An 11 yearly from Japan really caught my eye. You'll see him in the bottom player (if this is accessible outside of Sweden) at the 2:58 mark. Matsushima. Hardly tall enough to reach up to the table but plays brilliantly!

http://www.rpmedia.se/2019/02/13/youplay-channel/

(There're also some matches with Truls if anyone is into that kind of thing)

Watch out for 12 year old girl in mini cadets from Wales playing Harimotos sister in the final!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Wow, Matsushima refused a point unjustly rewarded to him by the referee. Mature and fair. And what a fluid BH-FH transition!

Exactly. He has a very mature way of behaving in general. His BH is amazing. The Swedish commentators (working for the Swedish TTA) were speculating that he's just below the level that Harimoto had achieved at the same age. I guess that we'll most likely see this young gentleman becoming a top 20 player eventually.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
There are unfortunaly less Japan players this year i Think. All the asians is very well behaved.

The little japanese is 11 i think. He started when he was two i heard. I think he could have been even better then?

I have noticed that everyone plays with the racket very high against topspin. So i am working on the correct thing for my backhand.

Everything have gone very good this year. Less stress for me this year than last. Last year was very difficult and stressfull. I am very glad that it is over seen. Do not think people realize how much work We Do before, during and after the tournament.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
NextLevel said:
Sorry for the unedited videos but one day I will edit. Maybe next Saturday I will go faster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ6TKMtQO24&feature=youtu.be

NL,

I like the leverage on your base FH topspin.

No one might not notice it, but you make a pre-adjustment with your right foot and it is a good anchor. You are tall and can really get a lot of kinetic energy out of your short hip and how you amplify it with your arm and wrist/grip.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
NL,

I like the leverage on your base FH topspin.

No one might not notice it, but you make a pre-adjustment with your right foot and it is a good anchor. You are tall and can really get a lot of kinetic energy out of your short hip and how you amplify it with your arm and wrist/grip.

Thanks for the compliments. Get me that Nexy Batos FL and if the handle and speed are right, you will see something truly amazing. It is a perpetual struggle to keep this Timo Boll ALC in my hand and play a whippy stroke. I prefer to use the Arche because of its handle but I don't want to use a slower blade unless I am forced to.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
how you've seen Sora MATSUSHIMA and Miwa HARIMOTO ?

I am the head of the umpires, so i am mostly looking at a paper planning haha. Hard to put everything together. So i do not see much tabletennis really. But i saw some young japanese players, but mostly boys. They all seemed very young and good.

There have always been, and are still coming players that play for Japan University. I am interested in this. Do you know how much they study and how much they train every week? Everything like it in other countries? Would be a fun thing to do :)

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
NextLevelski said:
Thanks for the compliments. Get me that Nexy Batos FL and if the handle and speed are right, you will see something truly amazing. It is a perpetual struggle to keep this Timo Boll ALC in my hand and play a whippy stroke. I prefer to use the Arche because of its handle but I don't want to use a slower blade unless I am forced to.
We might get our shipment in by next Friday... will have to see how the shipping plays out. Will be shipped Tuesday at the earliest, we requested additional items, so they have to redo the invoice and we have to pay before they ship... so it will take another business day or two with the time zone differences.

I have no idea how the Batos will play. Will need to try for myself to know.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Sorry for the unedited videos but one day I will edit. Maybe next Saturday I will go faster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ6TKMtQO24&feature=youtu.be

I enjoy seeing you playing, knowing that you have problem with your knees.

How do you guys plays drills? do you play several drills first, then he does the same? Looked like he blocked the whole 17 minutes and you did different exercises. I would have trouble cope and also focus for so long time. Maybe you guys would benefit more if you play one drill a shorter time then change. Maybe it is better with longer drills if you are working on something. Do not know what works best.

I think your forehan looks pretty good, but i think your backhand also seemed pretty good in a match i saw. But here i think you are pretty passive with the backhand. I think you could try to close the angle of the racket, accelerate more so you brush the ball more and be more aggressive with it in general. So your backhand will become as good as your forehand! If you play to soft in a drill it do not think it will be natural to get a block back because an opponent will attack the ball instead.

This user has no status.
There are unfortunaly less Japan players this year i Think. All the asians is very well behaved.

The little japanese is 11 i think. He started when he was two i heard. I think he could have been even better then?

I have noticed that everyone plays with the racket very high against topspin. So i am working on the correct thing for my backhand.

Everything have gone very good this year. Less stress for me this year than last. Last year was very difficult and stressfull. I am very glad that it is over seen. Do not think people realize how much work We Do before, during and after the tournament.

Did you watch any of Anna Hursey play?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Did you watch any of Anna Hursey play?

Do not know who she is. Like i said, i do much planning so i do not see much tabletennis since i look alot on a paper, talking to umpires and chasing them. There are also sooo many players during these five days, so it is hard to see a specific individual.

I know who she is now after seeing her video against Dan. I did not see her. I think a short pimple rubber or two would work very well for her game and maybe could make her some levels better. Feel that she seems to take the ball early, mostly borrowing the other players speed and have a pretty thick hit. But i have only seen the match against Dan. I think he played to offensive.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

How do you guys plays drills? do you play several drills first, then he does the same? Looked like he blocked the whole 17 minutes and you did different exercises. I would have trouble cope and also focus for so long time. Maybe you guys would benefit more if you play one drill a shorter time then change. Maybe it is better with longer drills if you are working on something. Do not know what works best.

I think your forehan looks pretty good, but i think your backhand also seemed pretty good in a match i saw. But here i think you are pretty passive with the backhand. I think you could try to close the angle of the racket, accelerate more so you brush the ball more and be more aggressive with it in general. So your backhand will become as good as your forehand! If you play to soft in a drill it do not think it will be natural to get a block back because an opponent will attack the ball instead.

We trained for almost 4 hours I think, that was the last thing before I left. I sweated a lot doing it but I will probably push harder next week. I am going off balance on some of my movements but I might just focus on either looping harder or keeping the ball lower.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

We practiced for 4 hours, this was the parting drill just because I wanted some exercise. I will probably go a bit faster next time and see what happens I just want to be sure my body can handle it.