Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
That is a lot of laughing...her vids. I commented on one of the vids directly on youtube.

Basically, you have improved your fh whip over the last few years for your 50 to 60 percent power shots. Try loosening up the body, shoulder, and arm even more... lry keeping wrist loose at impact for now and as you get better at keeping the ball in the prime impact zone on stronger swings, then try firming grip more right at impact.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
That is a lot of laughing...her vids. I commented on one of the vids directly on youtube.

Basically, you have improved your fh whip over the last few years for your 50 to 60 percent power shots. Try loosening up the body, shoulder, and arm even more... lry keeping wrist loose at impact for now and as you get better at keeping the ball in the prime impact zone on stronger swings, then try firming grip more right at impact.

Thank you Der! I think one thing, I think I'm relaxed, or at least a lot more relaxed than ever before but you are not the first to comment that I'm not relaxed and loose, still very stiff.

Thank you again Der!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
The path to the trophy in Next Level's next tourney will be a division where he goes through Rich D, Tahl L, PPHolic, and Greg Bartz.

:D

After 3 years or so of going to my club, I finally saw Tahl in action 2x in the past few months. It is said he is 2400 right handed and 2200 left handed. No joke! He switches hands midpoint with the greatest of ease!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I have played many tournaments fasting. People don't realize how overrated food is once you are fat adapted.

I lost 30 lbs in the past 3 years. I did not want to lose weight all that fast for fear of being a yo-yo.

I intermittent fast for the past 2 yrs, 16/8 to 18/6.that is fast for 16 to 18 hrs and eat within 6 to 8 hrs period.

Last month I fasted 26 hrs, and 24 hrs 3x, my first time fasting 24 hrs. Moderate to intense TT during the 3 24 hr fasting days.

Easier than i thought ... mind over matter. Although fasting 16 to 18 hrs for 2yrs helped me to fast 24 hrs.

Not recommended for everyone. Consult your physician before trying this. Baby steps, try 12/12 or 10/14 before 16/8.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hello DTT CCers!

Been busy and haven't posted in ages. Lots to catch up on in this thread.

Joined a new club and was able to video myself ... still a member of my old club which is not the best to video.

I still have a lot to work on... enjoying the journey. Lost 30 lbs in 3 yrs. Need to lose more. I am a bit more mobile than I used to be. Working on footwork more. There was a period of 6 months to a year when I had zero confidence in my FH loop. During that time I concentrated heavily on practicing RPB and neglected my FH loop.

These videos were recorded after I had played about 90mins already outside of this room. Already a bit fatigued.

Using old Butterfly Taksim blade, Donic Bluefire FH, and Xiom Vega Pro RPB

For a good laugh at me :

Very truly yours in TT,

~osph

It is good to see new footage of you playing and what I am about to say really makes no difference. I think we know what you meant.

But....this is multiball:

Here is a video on how to feed multiball:

Your videos are of you doing normal training but having a small bucket of balls. :)

Just wanted to get that out in the open.

Now I think, next time we play you will have to spot me 8 points. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
lol I agree with Carl

That being said, i think your technique is a lot better OSPH. Good power and playing more smoothly.

I think at your stage of development you should think less about technique than you do, and think more about staying as fit as you can and try to do more footwork, or at the opposite spectrum, spend time practicing serve/receive.

Regarding FH Loop, try to use more the power of your legs and to brush more the ball instead of going only for power, and using only your arm swing.

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Your videos are of you doing normal training but having a small bucket of balls. :)

Just wanted to get that out in the open.

Now I think, next time we play you will have to spot me 8 points. :)

OH MY GUOYUEHUA!!

*EMBARRASSED*

lol at me!

Knowing how you don't get to play much TT, I'll spot you 8 next time we hook up. Glad you didn't ask for 9.

Psst, do NOT tell monster or JeffM that I will spot you 8 please!

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
lol I agree with Carl

That being said, i think your technique is a lot better OSPH. Good power and playing more smoothly.

I think at your stage of development you should think less about technique than you do, and think more about staying as fit as you can and try to do more footwork, or at the opposite spectrum, spend time practicing serve/receive.

Regarding FH Loop, try to use more the power of your legs and to brush more the ball instead of going only for power, and using only your arm swing.

As a kid, that was the only way I looped... 1 loop to set up smashing or punching.

I am, albeit slowly, trying to brush and spin more than power/drive, however, not that night on those videos.

Funny thing, video doesn't lie. I thought I do use legs but I see I do not.

And yes, working on footwork as well as stamina. Lost 30 lbs and starting to feel a little lighter on feet however, still not enough.

Merci beaucoup TWI!

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
quick question guys: is https://tabletennisshop.com.au/ a reputable/safe shop to buy a blade from? They have Xiom Vega Euro in stock, and I want to buy for a friend. Couldn't find it anywhere in Europe.

Yes. It's run by Haggisv who also runs the OOAK forum. I believe that he's the main reseller (distributor?) for several brands in Australia like Xiom, Butterfly, Victas etc.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Last edited:
Reactions: perham
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Today I went to practice on recreational group in one of the Cracow sports group. I've played mostly with players that were older by 40 years than me. I've got my but handed over to me more than I can count to.. I would expect most of them to be pushers. But there was giant diversity. Great experience, I learned so much.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
B101A6CD-4CE8-4BB2-9591-5AB011DFE132.jpg

#passion

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Last week i did a very solid tournament as reported here.

I had another one here with 2 categories for me (open + over 40s)
I was actually the defending champ in the over40s from last year, so i was seeded #1 but there were many better players. I got an easy draw to the semis rather quickly but i made one of my worst matches there. a non-match. i was afraid of the guy , i thought he was better (he probably was), and I rushed on everything, made tons of mistakes. from 4-4 in G1 it was a total disaster 0-3 (-5 -3 -3)

in the open category in the afternoon, it wasn't easy to get out first of my round robin group of 3. I was the 1st player, the 3rd player level was a veteran who seemed to have just restarted TT but the 2nd player was a young student about the same level than me. I think I was just a little better in rallies and a bit more agressive (and moving better) while he had the better technique. Only his fast serve caused me some problems while my serve didn't provide too much of an advantage as well so there were many rallies. I had a fantastic start 11-4 then leading 5-3 i played badly the 2 points on my serve and it went downhill. 7-11 then 9-11. Down 1 set to 2, and 5-8 in the 4th i tried to focus a maximum and just play it point by point and i won G4 11-9. that boosted my confidence, was up 8-2 in the 5th but he did almost come back but i managed to cross the finish line first at 11-9, phew !

Then in Round 1 of KO tournament, I played a guy with whom i played some training matches over the years but only scored 2 sets before today, and that was at our last meeting last month. He was probably at least 1 rank above me. I didn't want to have any regrets like this morning, so i went all out against him. We both had a great match, playing above our normal level and exchanging many loud CHOREIs to each other. I played without any fear at all and grabbed G1 11-8, it was 9-9 in G2 but he closed it 11-9. Then i had a really excellent G3 11-6. G4 i was always trailing by a little then 9-10 big rally finished by a big counter FH. There was a huge BH counter against a missile FH which went in straight line almost in the corner not long before that. The match was not won yet. I played it point by point so did he, but I think i had a little more grit and he had a bit more pressure and i won with a miss from his side, god thanks because at that time it felt like i couldn't score any more point just by myself.

No Round 2 because the seeded guy didn't show up, for the first time i get as far as Round 3 (last 16) where i play the guy who won the spring open tournament. So he's probably like 400 points above me. But like the previous match i go all out. I think I really get him by surprise and lead 8-2. I'm really in the zone. But he's not panicked at all and gets back to 8-8 showing me what he can do. i managed to get a good point 9-8 but 9-9 to him. Then he serves short 2 times, 2 times i managed to keep the receive very tightly short and he misses the flick or whatever he wanted to do , it goes in the net, i win 11-9 !!! wow !!! i can't believe it !!!
I still play very good in G2, but so does he 7-7 , then he is gearing up 8-11. From there i get more nervous when I serve, its all a bit too high, too much in the middle of the table i get destroyed by BH and FH flicks i lose 6 and 6 G3 and G4...

6 wins 2 losses today, and I believe that win in R1 of the open is my best match EVER since I started playing TT more than 30 years ago. in the following game, i played at the same level but only during one game and a half. I was really pumped up and in the zone.

The fun thing is that in the game I won, the wife of this guy (she plays TT as well) was supporting her husband but she was saying good play and smiling at me when i scored some good points. This is Japan ! Very nice handshake at the end.

TLDR, if you like TT its not too late to get better and reach new highs even if you're not young anymore !